Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xvirusga76

A Place To Call Our Home @ Amk

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Carpentry werks

Ah Bao and another china guy dutifully finished up all the installations of the kitchen cabinets, dish racks, hob and hood and our wadrobes. The other china guy successfully cut a LoBang in our corner unit but other hiccups arises. the mirror panel door gave a big lobang on the top when closed. (i'll post pics to explain further). Our glass panels at the L shaped corner unit has to be brought back to the factory for modifications as the hinges are in the way.

we requested for those 180 deg open type of hinges for the corner unit for ease. they also managed to saw off small portion of the shoe cabinets to fit under the window. however, realised that, they made the shoe cabinet a little shorter than we proposed, thus, my brollie unit is much wasted, coz we cant fit those long brollies from giordino, :(

nevermind, i'll use it as more storage for shoes boxes / magazines etc and just have to find another place for those long brollies. :rolleyes:

Solid top supplier from Bellus came and install the top as well, thank god it was smooth sailing with no ractifications. Finally, ah bao installed our fujioh hob & hood, in full completion! our kitchen is fully taking place! :paint:

Shoe Cabinet Ractified

Photo0409.jpg

Photo0410.jpg

MBR Wadrobe

Photo0417.jpg

Electrical werks

Kelvin, the electrician, came and finished up all the rest of the wiring, and also fixed up our cove lights for the kitchen, i must say, really creates a very beautiful ambience!

He even took the initiatives to cover up the wiring inside our wadrobes! good job! :rolleyes::o;) We had him installed 5 wadrobe lights (from ikea) at each section. He also ractificed the length of the dining light to our specifications :)

Photo0418.jpg

Photo0408.jpg

these guys only left around 7.45pm after cleaning up their workz for the day! so grateful :P

25th June 09 (Today)

supposingly, HO today!! :sport-smiley-004:

My last check with FH is that the painter came over at 9.45am to round up the finishes. we have decided to change the panel in the kids room from the ICI Deluxe Sunny Lim to ICI Celery Green for a dark shade of green, but still keeping the rest of the walls white to brighten up the room.

Alan is reverting back currently as to when the cleaners will come and clean up.. :P

Hi xvirusga76

I saw baskets in your wardrobe. Are they from Ikea? Recently heard from a forummer that Ikea staff at Alexandra branch refused to let him/her buy the baskets. I so want to get those baskets & acrylic tray (something like tofu squares) but was sad when i saw the post. How did you get yours? :sport-smiley-004:

eh... normally If Uncle's customers request for it, the carpenters will include wor.. the baskets and the tofu tray...

mmm So so MANAGED TO HANDOVER OR NOT??? :P

Hello Ivy,

Thank you so much for showing me and my wife through your gorgeous house and sharing with us the hiccups that you met along the way. Its really a very rewarding experience for us and we really appreciate it. Congrats on having your new home and wish you guys have a wonderful wedding preparation. :yamseng:

Post Renovation Fatigue

hi everyone!

Thursday

sorry i wasnt able to update over the past 3 days, its been very frenzy and hectic since handover on thursday evening. Uncle goh and the indian helpers only managed to clean up 60% till 10pm. FH & I continued to slog till 1am cleaning the rest of the whole house to make way for the furniture the next day. The plumbers left a mess in the kitchen and we could see substantial red/rusty stains on the white tiles... *sob*..i was pondering over it.. nevermind, i'll make sure the helpers can perform magic the next day when they finish their cleaning upz. We tried leaving all the cabinets open, to air them, hmm.. doesnt seem to help :P

Friday!

a day of wonders and disappointments

We waited till 9.30am, uncle goh and helpers came back to finish up their cleaning process. i must say, at the end of the day, they really performed a 98% magic! all the windows are scrubbed clean with no paint or residue! Bathroom walls, floors and all are cleaned up as well!! i even managed to get them to help scrap out the plastic sheet on the pd doors. :) my kitchen flooring was the worst affected was also cleaned up!!!

HDB officer came and inspectd the place with a little hiccups here and there, but all was good at the end of the day. Poor Uncle Ah Gwei, was literally a sandbag on that day... the hoo hah only ended an hours plus later, and the officer and Uncle Gwei, left happily..:)

We waited and waited till 1.00pm before i even see signs of ANY DELIVERY coming our block. Wow, it looks like quite a couple of new comers around our block as 4 delivery vans from Best Denki, Harvey Horman, Courts and REd Apple finally arrived.

Winter

The first to arrive was our furniture frome Winter Furniture. Well.. alittle hiccups here tho. :wacko: . it was only till after our white TV console was fully installed, then i realised that, eh... its salah le... we requested (even shows on invoice), that our handles for the console is to be RECESSED UNDER the DRAWERs, but what we had was, a UGLY recessed handles on the TOP. Clearly, all dust started to collect after the installation. We were also supposed to have 2 holes on the backing for ease of wires from TV and other systems, but we only had ONE. To further increase our fumes, the dining chairs presented to us was also SALAH, different leather and saleh design.. :~ FH was fuming by then.. called up Winter and demanded an explanation. :angry::jail: . Winter logistics department wanted the delivery guys to take by the drawers and chairs to replace them. we refused the solutions, as we were worried of the consequences. FH demanded that they come to measure the drawers instead and replace us the correct ones. Ding Dongz here and there.. they are supposed to call us back to day to give us good explanations. Though, personally, i think the chairs they gave us by mistake are NICE!.. (might consider that changing them "P). we refused to pay the balance in full till all werks are ractified. Honestly, the console is beautiful, but its the handles that ..hm.. is obstructing the masterpiece.

Sofa installation and the side table came much later as we were told that are of different logistic companies. We were really worried by then as we did changed the dimensions a couple of times. Phew, at least, the redeeming point is that , our sofas come as it has been ordered, complete with 2 red plush cushions. :bow:

Ah liew and his team, came much later at 4.30pm to finish up their ractifications. He changed some of those drawers which was kinda difficult to pull on his own initiatives :) good job! i must say, at the end of the day, i am 100% pleased with all his works. Good Job! :yamseng: they also boxed the panel of uneven wall for the tinted mirror at dining area. ops, slight mishap as one of the guys had a bad cut resulting in blood dripping on our floor :P managed to borrow some medicine from our kind neighbours.

Harvey Norman

Our TV, washer, fridge & microwave arrived around 3.30pm with some delays as our TV console was alittle in the way at the entrance. The 2 flight of steps at the doorway also created so problems :P all was solved and beautifully pieced up except for the TV which we were told that installations was from the LG instead. Our invoice clearly indicated that the TV to be installed between 3 - 5pm, but we waited in vain till 5.30pm before i made a call to them. Gosh,! to my bewilderment, they told us that there was no appointments for us!!!! can you imagine my fumes by them after all the corkups in the day!!... they returned call to my FH saying that they can only install on saturday between 3-5pm, which means i have to WAIT AROND again for them?? manz, i was so furious, i called the department and literally scream down the fone.. (very chia cha bor lorx), ah liews was in sitting in the hallway , listening to my screams, and commenting, "biangz, lucky i do swee swee for you.. :jawdrop: ".. i demanded LG department to send anyone down IMMEDIATELY on the day itself, no matter wat time, as my invoice STATES so, poor guy.. must be new, was kinda taken back. He managed to finally secure someone to come and do OT at 6.30 to finish up all my TV installations. I even managed to get them to fix up our LG sound system, WII, Hard disk recorder at the end of the day. They only rounded up at 8.15pm. All done swee swee.. phew... wat a day!!!

With that, our little white house started its full transformation! Bit by bit during the day, our designs started taking place. It quite an eventful journey of renos, what is missing now, is the missing tinted mirror, the box up at the top of the glass divider, our MBR windows (still not installed), and an additional piece of silver backing at the back of the hod :)

our neighbours started streaming in,(even from the block behind us!), to take a look, uncle soon also sent some more customers to see.. at the end of the day, FH and I are very happy with the renovations, which we felt money was well spent, despite some delays and hiccups which are occassional. We were so excited that at the end of the day, we even went to Prime supermarket to top up our fridge at 1am, packed all the things and only slept at 4am!!

pictures coming soon. stay tune! (let me clean upz fully)

:wub:

Edited by xvirusga76

Hi xvirusga76

I saw baskets in your wardrobe. Are they from Ikea? Recently heard from a forummer that Ikea staff at Alexandra branch refused to let him/her buy the baskets. I so want to get those baskets & acrylic tray (something like tofu squares) but was sad when i saw the post. How did you get yours? :sport-smiley-004:

iluvmybeans,

we had our baskets from Ikea Alexandra, erm, no one refused our purchase tho, .. our acrylic tray? no..not acrylic , its timber tray, made by the carpenters, you just have to indicate on your design, and let them know what are the items you like in your wadrobe.

Hello Ivy,

Thank you so much for showing me and my wife through your gorgeous house and sharing with us the hiccups that you met along the way. Its really a very rewarding experience for us and we really appreciate it. Congrats on having your new home and wish you guys have a wonderful wedding preparation. :yamseng:

Hi !!

you are most welcome! hope i managed to share enuf with you on our experiences :) do enjoy your reno process and am definitely lookin forward to seeing your posts soon! :)

wahhh seems like very eventful and as usual hor winter create problems with their delivery.. hope it's resolved.

looking forward to see ur pics.