Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Metalsubzero

Looking Forward To Our First Home...

i agree the lights look really nice. I wonder if the price is nice as well. :unsure: If u going down can help me check out the bamboo one (with the round bulb inside)?

hehe the tall one or short one? :) There are two. :) Sure thing!

pinkpetter

Not a problem pet.. :) Glad to be of service.. Anyways, I got some feeling u might like the design of the lights, cuz of the strings u have in ur room.. Hahaha.. And it sort of fits into ur theme? Hahaha

haha but I cannot buy for my room cos I already have a bedside lamp which is round and white like a moon. :P Actually I like the "fugly" chairs your wifey likes too. hahahahahaha

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi hi jessiemel.. Hmm, when will u be gettin ur keys?? Wow, seems like u've made ur decision pretty quickly eh? Haahaha.. Looks like our "adverts" here work.. Hahaha.. I think u can start contacting him now, roughly let him know when you'd need the reno to be done, if he can't, he'll tell u upfront, maybe delay for a bit or sumthin.. Do u know ur 1st appointment date? I actually contacted him even before I went for my 1st appointment.. Cuz nowadays 2nd appointment date is very fast, approx 6 weeks from 1st appt date for resale..

Anyways, I think anywhere in Singapore is ok to him bah, SG is not very big mah.. Hahaha.. Ulu punggol, where is it ah? Ulu ulu part of punggol ah? No idea... Is urs a new unit or resale?

I don't mind u coming down to my unit.. Just let me know when.. But that day seems very distant as of now.. Hahaha.. How I wish I can speed up time.. Hahaha..

Anyways, best wishes for ur future reno and congrats on the purchase of ur flat.. Cheers.. :D

hihi! based on HDB's page, will get my keys by 4Q 2009..so will expect it to be sooner..like 3Q? yeah..quick decision coz of the good feedbacks from the fellow forumers..and also the fact that his price is reasonable lah..

mine is near punggol mrt, the new development..so eager to see ur finished reno..hehe...

jessiemel

I think you should call him 2-3 weeks before you get your keys... show him your floorplan and list of things to do, then when you get your keys let him see your actual place... heh Small projects he will also take over. Don't worry. :)

Ya I agree with Metal that SG is not very big so Uncle should be ok with it... Sengkang West? but more and more flats are built there now.. so it should be more developed?

hi pinkpetter..mine is in punggol..so was quite worried that he might not want to take up..now with assurance from u guys..i reli felt the relief..hehe...thanks ya..

07042009584.jpg

Hey that was the same lounge chair that hubby and I were keen on when we went Barang Barang 2 weeks ago. Good deal right??!!! But I don't dare to buy yet... worry that I got no space to put.. After seeing this piece hor, I am not keen on other lounge chairs due to their pricing hehehe.

For me I will go for the darker colour for easier maintenance :P

mrspiglet

To tell u the truth I really very lazy to go draw.. Hahaha... Wah, I also wanna put L shaped sofa in the living one, den my wife also said forgo L shaped and get this to go along with maybe a 2 or 3 seater.. U all same idea sia.. Hahaha..

hahah! no leh, the one that suggested forgoing the L-shape was my hub. Dun be lazy lah, u'll be amazed by urself when u finally finish drawing ur layout. At least i was, and i managed to impress my hub!! hahah!

hehe the tall one or short one? :) There are two. :) Sure thing!

haha but I cannot buy for my room cos I already have a bedside lamp which is round and white like a moon. :P Actually I like the "fugly" chairs your wifey likes too. hahahahahaha

i like the tall one. But after u asked me, i think the short one looks nice too! :P

If i can afford, i'll buy both! but sadly i dun think my budget allows.

Actually hor.. i think the 'fugly' chairs looks quite nice too leh. :rolleyes:

hi pinkpetter..mine is in punggol..so was quite worried that he might not want to take up..now with assurance from u guys..i reli felt the relief..hehe...thanks ya..

jessiemel, dun worry. Uncle soon flies everywhere in SG. Woodlands, Jurong, Pasir ris...

hahah! no leh, the one that suggested forgoing the L-shape was my hub. Dun be lazy lah, u'll be amazed by urself when u finally finish drawing ur layout. At least i was, and i managed to impress my hub!! hahah!

i like the tall one. But after u asked me, i think the short one looks nice too! :P

jessiemel, dun worry. Uncle soon flies everywhere in SG. Woodlands, Jurong, Pasir ris...

haha Metal post your layout la.. I draw i draw. I like to draw. LOL But get impatient and give up after the kitchen portion. LOL

The "fugly" chairs quite cute hor. Must be a ladies thing. :) Men just don't get it :P

I'll check it out if I really go tomorrow or Tuesday! :)

barang barang's stuff after discount still a bit ex. hahaha. but nice lah. especially the lounge chair. looks so inviting. :sport-smiley-004:

hihi! based on HDB's page, will get my keys by 4Q 2009..so will expect it to be sooner..like 3Q? yeah..quick decision coz of the good feedbacks from the fellow forumers..and also the fact that his price is reasonable lah..

mine is near punggol mrt, the new development..so eager to see ur finished reno..hehe...

Oh, ok.. Not a problem.. We'll see how when my reno is complete lor.. Seems pretty far away.. Maybe u can approach some of those whom have already completed their reno by Ah Soon la.. Hahaha..

Hey that was the same lounge chair that hubby and I were keen on when we went Barang Barang 2 weeks ago. Good deal right??!!! But I don't dare to buy yet... worry that I got no space to put.. After seeing this piece hor, I am not keen on other lounge chairs due to their pricing hehehe.

For me I will go for the darker colour for easier maintenance :P

Yah lor.. Good deal.. But like u, I also dunno where to put it.. Hahaha..

Hahaha.. Oh, I just bought my sofa, L-Shaped one.. Hahaha.. I dunno la, see how lor.. Hahaha.. Fugly chairs again.. Hahaha.. No comments..

haha Metal post your layout la.. I draw i draw. I like to draw. LOL But get impatient and give up after the kitchen portion. LOL

The "fugly" chairs quite cute hor. Must be a ladies thing. :) Men just don't get it :P

I'll check it out if I really go tomorrow or Tuesday! :)

I thought u're so nice help me draw.. Chey, u're also like me, get irritated and impatient with the drawing after some parts.. Hahahah..

barang barang's stuff after discount still a bit ex. hahaha. but nice lah. especially the lounge chair. looks so inviting. :sport-smiley-004:

Ok la, this piece is affordable la.. The rest still quite ex.. Hahaha..

Yesterday I went down to Furniture Mall and spent around $6k on a few things, a black tempered glass dining table with 6 chairs, an L Shaped half PU leather sofa and a coffee table for $2,800.. All these bought from Comfort Living at The Plaza which is beside Furniture Mall..

Den I bought a Max Coil mattress with a custom storage bed frame for a total price of $3088 before Gst.. Heart Pain..

The Max Coil Mattress is very comfy, but I've overstretched my budget.. The Mattress is around $1850 and the frame is around $1238 lor.. Quite ex.. Anyways, the model I bought is the Max Coil, Texas Classic Plush top with natural latex and silk coverings.. Dunno whether $1850 worth it or not.. But really very comfy lah.. Hahaha.. Wifey made the decision but I was half decided.. I know $3k can get me better brands like Sealy or Dunlopillo, but den hor, probably not in this range one.. And probably just a normal bedframe, the bed frame I bought is a low micro fabric covered bed frame with storage on one side, custom made to fit nicely into the room accomodating the aircon trunkings so that it will flush with the wall or sumthin lah, the SA told me one.. Anyways, he said he give me price warranty of 1 year, if I can find cheaper pricing elsewhere in 1 year, he will refund me money.. Hahaha.. Anyone bought for cheaper prices? He keep stressing this is natural latex top while most are synthetic latex top and cotton covering while this is silk.. Got so big difference ah!?

Anyways, gotta ask opinions too, the SA was very sincere la, very thorough in his presentation.. Den he kept telling me he can help me get contacts for milk powder, electronic products like TVs, Fridge and W.M at wholesale price.. Dunno true or not la.. Den he told me he does renovations too.. He asked me to fax over my quotation and he'll deduct $2k straight away from it.. Was quite skeptical of the idea.. I told my wife, $2k u sure or not, later the reno not up to standard how? I rather place my money on someone I can really trust like Ah Soon.. My wife later agrees cuz she say to start over the process of negotiation and explaining what we wanna do is very cumbersome, moreover we dunno what we're gonna get from that guy.. What do u guys think? $2k is very tempting la.. Hahaha.. Anyways, the guy is from a shop at 2nd Level in FM, anyone interested to know which shop can PM me..

So, I blew close to $8k in 2 weeks, and my 2nd appointment will only be around 1 month's time away.. Hahaa.. This is what I call gan jiong..

just suddenly realised i have not given uncle soon my email address so how is he gonna give me the quotation??? anyways... if he comes down in person, better still!! :)

show us yr layout!

just suddenly realised i have not given uncle soon my email address so how is he gonna give me the quotation??? anyways... if he comes down in person, better still!! :)

show us yr layout!

Aubrey, you give him email also no use. He dunno how to use computer. abt 1 week after u meet up with him, call him. Most likely the quote won't be ready cos he is the only person doing the quote. So u gotta remind him to get ur quote ready ASAP if it is urgent. My mil's kitchen quote still not ready 2 weeks after I meet him to discuss abt the quote. But I'm not rushing him on that since the works cannot start so soon.

Good luck!

Hey Metalsubzero, 2k is indeed attractive cos can get other things with that money. Having said that the important thing is ur comfort level. There was one ID who initially quoted me $40k for my works and alot of things not inclusive, when I show him Ah Soon's quote he ask whether I will still be keen if his boss agree to the pricing that Ah Soon can give, somemore with Design factor and colour 3Ds. I decline cos I was thinking, if initially u can give me this price, why not just quote me that when we first meet up? Also I can't get reference from other reliable house owners on the quality of work. So I decided to stick with my decision.

If you are comfortable to with that gentleman to discuss further then try to see whether he can show u some units to verify workmanship etc, not showroom ahh!! actual units. so that u can make an informed decision.

WAHH!! shopping wkend! *cough blood*

Really bleeding now.. Gotta cut down on expenses elsewhere.. My $1400 fridge idea gtg, set at below $1k now.. W.M cut down to under $500.. Hahaha.. Hob and hood not getting chimney one anymore, cuz wife say need mre cabinet space and also flat type save more money.. Need to revise my budget liao.. Hahaha.. The initial budget for just furnishing and appliances seems like not enough.. Sianz, I think need to settle on cheaper things but cannot compromise too much on quality la..

wah big purchases man hehe...

but i also found the "fugly" chair to be fugly.

only girls like it i guess haha

Hahaha, gurls find it cute la.. We have totally no clue, how does that piece of fugly lookin thing fit into my home? Hahaha.. No offence intended.. :D