Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Metalsubzero

Looking Forward To Our First Home...

Anyways, met up with uncle just now.. Confirmed some stuffs.. False ceiling extended to U shaped for living and a square ceiling in the middle of dining area, actually was 2 sides **** and the square one at dining.. Confirmed all wiring included, only have to buy the lights.. Gonna have the cove lightings, gonna spend a bomb liao la.. 22 points for living and dining alone.. MBR another 6..

Confirmed using granite instead of corian.. $20 pfr more for black galaxy over corian.. Siao liao, i think havent add in the quote.. Wait for his new quote den say..

The TV console must add $100 more cuz I want the roundish shaped one.. He confirmed with me the feature wall can be 7-8 ft long.. Mirrors are $80 each (size same as the one for the Eunos unit) This one also dunno whether he included in the new figure he quoted me..

Uncle threw in some FOC.. He will change the switch covers to the new "in looking" switches.. Forgot the quantity, i think 5 single ones, 3 double ones, 2 tel points and 2 scv points.. He will change the main gate lock and peephole FOC.. Shift some eletrical points FOC.. Alamak, I dunno whether the 5 is changing existing covers or new points.. Siao liao, must ask him.. Minor shifting of common toilet door to accomodate the new kitchen door position(if required) foc.. HDB permit inclusive.. Installation of ceiling fans with seperate regulator switch and light switch FOC... He wants to throw in the stainless steel backing for the kitchen but wifey doesnt want it..

Anyways, I think I wanna skip the glass doors and go for black laminate doors, will be cheaper rite? Cuz I'm afraid of my son wh can be a bull sometimes... Hahaha.. And I actually felt the doors are kindda heavy..

Anyways, the new figure is $22500.. Wife is happy with it la.. Most importantly we both like his straighforwardness and the way he really wants to do business.. Not pushy, very chin chai.. FOC here and there.. I think will have more FOCs lah, right now just lidat, can think of anything will add it in... I also told him if got anything need money must tell me.. He said little little things "shi duo, er san shi kuai bu yong jing la, ke yi song gei ni" ($10, $20, $30 stuff nvm, can throw in FOC).. He said most important is we happy with his services, and recommend him to others in the future.. I told him I'm writing in the forum and he told me, "I charge you for the small small things also no point, you see, you help me do advertisement.. Just take more pictures of the house after completion and post on internet can liao" Really funny.. Hahaha.. Anyways, I'm very very happy I've selected him as my contractor and I'm sure many other ppl are..

Wifey and I also asked him alot of things, he said last time 13 yrs old he do furniture one, dat explains 2 of his missing fingers.. (He said one, lost dem when he was 13) Den he did some mosaic works, electrician den he went to do this lor, and rest is history.. Hahaha.. Nice la, really feel we can click with him.. Will recommend him to anyone.. Only thing is, his package included some aeroplanes la.. Dat's all, but I think his services more den make up for that... :)

I think the good part about working with Uncle.. is that you don't feel like you're being chopped. Cos you know that whatever he can absorb after this he will absorb. :) happy chasing Uncle Soon!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Metalsubzero, think your reno date will be more or less the same as mine. That's the time when we will be very busy.

The TV looks nice. You going to mount it into the feature wall or let it stand?

Metalsubzero, uncle will chge all the existing switches/powerpoint covers FOC. the additional 5 points is for new extra points. i exceeded by a few he also nv charge me a single cent. anyway, i think the brand of the covers is MK. quite nice one..

if u r gg for the wooden door, the quality is actually very gd!! sound super solid.. they using plywood for all their carpentry. :good:

I think the good part about working with Uncle.. is that you don't feel like you're being chopped. Cos you know that whatever he can absorb after this he will absorb. :) happy chasing Uncle Soon!

Ya lor, exactly.. Hahaha, can't wait to start immediately.. But den my 2nd appointment is on a friday, den have to apply for permit.. Earliest is the next wed den can start work.. Can't wait for it..

Metalsubzero, think your reno date will be more or less the same as mine. That's the time when we will be very busy.

The TV looks nice. You going to mount it into the feature wall or let it stand?

Yaya, 6th May for u and 8th May for me.. The TV very nice hor.. Hahaha.. Gonna wall mount it to fully utilise the ambilight feature.. :D

Metalsubzero, uncle will chge all the existing switches/powerpoint covers FOC. the additional 5 points is for new extra points. i exceeded by a few he also nv charge me a single cent. anyway, i think the brand of the covers is MK. quite nice one..

if u r gg for the wooden door, the quality is actually very gd!! sound super solid.. they using plywood for all their carpentry. :good:

Oh, lidat ah, den I think should be dat bah.. The switches is also wat I wan.. Haahaha.. Anyways, now my wife is asking why don't want glass door.. Hahaha.. Aiyah, I dunno la, they look the same to me.. Black laminate and black glass, both shiny.. As long as I cant see thru ok liao.. :D

Edited by Metalsubzero

Anyways, Im feeling very kiasu.. I dunno wanna go confirm all my stuffs I need to buy liao or wait until next month.. Hahaha.. Actually I started looking for furniture even before my 1st appointment! Hahaha.. :X

Anyways, Im feeling very kiasu.. I dunno wanna go confirm all my stuffs I need to buy liao or wait until next month.. Hahaha.. Actually I started looking for furniture even before my 1st appointment! Hahaha.. :X

i am looking around also. but dare not confirm until my reno contractor is confirmed. cos he may have some comments about the things i choose. maybe.

but most likely, i will go full scale buying next month.

already so many things in mind. strike 4-D big big tonight, then i go buy all tmr. wahahaha.

i am looking around also. but dare not confirm until my reno contractor is confirmed. cos he may have some comments about the things i choose. maybe.

but most likely, i will go full scale buying next month.

already so many things in mind. strike 4-D big big tonight, then i go buy all tmr. wahahaha.

Seems like striking toto/4D is no.1 on everybody's list.. Hahaha.. I think Ah Soon might not have the time to comment on the things u buy lah.. HAhaha.. Anyways, I'm doing neutral color scheme, so going for black, gray and white.. So should be pretty simple.. As long as no fancy colors can safely buy..:D

wa so nice to see u are happy with uncle soon. i am waiting for his quote too. hope that both myself + mom can agree with uncle soon on the quote cos my mom likes to talk to him, i think cos their mentality is about the same. so basically u know what u want to do and u just tell uncle soon is it?

so far i got some quotes from IDs and i feel bad for not engaging them and stealing their ideas... :(

Seems like striking toto/4D is no.1 on everybody's list.. Hahaha.. I think Ah Soon might not have the time to comment on the things u buy lah.. HAhaha.. Anyways, I'm doing neutral color scheme, so going for black, gray and white.. So should be pretty simple.. As long as no fancy colors can safely buy..:D

ya. if it's uncle soon, then i have to rely on my own instinct for the purchases liao lor.

wa so nice to see u are happy with uncle soon. i am waiting for his quote too. hope that both myself + mom can agree with uncle soon on the quote cos my mom likes to talk to him, i think cos their mentality is about the same. so basically u know what u want to do and u just tell uncle soon is it?

so far i got some quotes from IDs and i feel bad for not engaging them and stealing their ideas... :(

Thanks.. Hahaha, I think he'll be able to click with my MIL as well.. Hahaha.. He's just a real nice guy la, I think he can click with anyone.. Good luck on ur quote man.. Anyways, dun need to feel bad about not engaging them and stealing their ideas... It's lidat one la, I also went to alot of IDs and they give me many ideas, but some are really surplus to my requirements.. But since I've went to so many IDs can get the good ideas and incorporate into our own idea.. Hahaha.. Alot of ppl are doing this la.. Hahaha.. DOn't have to feel bad, cuz it's their job to service u, doesn't mean service u den u must confirm sign with them mah.. :)

Ya lor, exactly.. Hahaha, can't wait to start immediately.. But den my 2nd appointment is on a friday, den have to apply for permit.. Earliest is the next wed den can start work.. Can't wait for it..

HUh then yours is like mine. My stupid 2nd appt also Friday. Then I arrange for electricity and they turned it on on MOnday. Uncle submitted the permit on Monday and it was approved on Tuesday. :) I started hacking on Thursday though, can't rem why....

haha Likewise. My parents loved talking to Uncle Soon and they switch between Mandarin, HOkkien and Teochew while I just remain confused. :P

hi Metalsubzero...i'm so excited to see that uncle soon has taken on ur project in sk!! I will be getting my keys for punggol by this yr, and oredi set on my mind to sign with him..though i've never met him..hehe..so worried that he might not want to take up mine due to the fact that mine is located in ulu punggol and also probably a small project since mine is a premium unit..can i see ur unit when urs is donw?

when do u guys think that i should start talking to him? scared he will not take up any more projects if he is fully occupied by then..

Hi hi jessiemel.. Hmm, when will u be gettin ur keys?? Wow, seems like u've made ur decision pretty quickly eh? Haahaha.. Looks like our "adverts" here work.. Hahaha.. I think u can start contacting him now, roughly let him know when you'd need the reno to be done, if he can't, he'll tell u upfront, maybe delay for a bit or sumthin.. Do u know ur 1st appointment date? I actually contacted him even before I went for my 1st appointment.. Cuz nowadays 2nd appointment date is very fast, approx 6 weeks from 1st appt date for resale..

Anyways, I think anywhere in Singapore is ok to him bah, SG is not very big mah.. Hahaha.. Ulu punggol, where is it ah? Ulu ulu part of punggol ah? No idea... Is urs a new unit or resale?

I don't mind u coming down to my unit.. Just let me know when.. But that day seems very distant as of now.. Hahaha.. How I wish I can speed up time.. Hahaha..

Anyways, best wishes for ur future reno and congrats on the purchase of ur flat.. Cheers.. :D

jessiemel

I think you should call him 2-3 weeks before you get your keys... show him your floorplan and list of things to do, then when you get your keys let him see your actual place... heh Small projects he will also take over. Don't worry. :)

Ya I agree with Metal that SG is not very big so Uncle should be ok with it... Sengkang West? but more and more flats are built there now.. so it should be more developed?

jessiemel

I think you should call him 2-3 weeks before you get your keys... show him your floorplan and list of things to do, then when you get your keys let him see your actual place... heh Small projects he will also take over. Don't worry. :)

Ya I agree with Metal that SG is not very big so Uncle should be ok with it... Sengkang West? but more and more flats are built there now.. so it should be more developed?

Ya lor, I agree, no project is too big or too small la.. If he's really keen on doing business, he'll take up any kind la.. I'm sure he'll take up ur project if nuthin goes wrong..