Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
trulysingapore

Bad Experience With Mover

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I had been renting moving from place to place until recently settled down finally in a home I bought. I had always used this mover, guy called Richard. No fancy mambo jumbo, he is a 2 man show. I had used him at least 3 times already for my move. On 01-May got him to move for me about 50 boxes of stuffs, excl loose items like lamps, microwave oven, book shelf, CD shelf, plus some bags and also 1 Queen size mattress. It only costs me $100.

And above all, he is gentle when it comes to handling your stuffs and punctual in hsi timing.

Hello, do u mind pm-ing me his contact too? thanks

Is it a norm to paid for deposit for boxes? Lucky me, my mover didnt charge me anything at all. Probably the boxes are combi with new and old. I just couldnt understand why the contractors or services provider giving **** services, didnt they heard about RenoTalk Forum ?? For my movers i had had recommended alot of my frens and relatives, none of them make complains at all. Coz i did told the boss that, he better not messed up as words travel not by mouths nowadays instead by www.com.

www.com? si mi lai ye? :D

Hi,

Can u PM mi Richard's contact too? Thanks~~

I had been renting moving from place to place until recently settled down finally in a home I bought. I had always used this mover, guy called Richard. No fancy mambo jumbo, he is a 2 man show. I had used him at least 3 times already for my move. On 01-May got him to move for me about 50 boxes of stuffs, excl loose items like lamps, microwave oven, book shelf, CD shelf, plus some bags and also 1 Queen size mattress. It only costs me $100.

And above all, he is gentle when it comes to handling your stuffs and punctual in hsi timing.

Hi charemme,

Is ur mover gd also? Can PM mi the contacts? Thanks~

I didnt pay deposit for boxes.. its was give to me FOC

movers didnt ask me to return as well

The mover I engaged is on a higher side, about $300+ to shift 1 room's worth of furniture + about 30 boxes.

The only good thing is that they come to the site to assess the manpower needed and gave me an official quote after that.

so, if nothing much changes, they cannot demand for more $$ as they have already quoted and prepared the invoice.

PM me if you want to know who I hired

Hi...Appreciate if you could PM me Richard's contact. Tks!

Same here, mine was moving office. Overall the experience is ok with some chaotic moments as in which thing goes where but what to expect when they are 1/5 of the prices I get from the big boys. But what pissed me was the asking for tips, I can understand and will give if I am moving my whole house, but for office, what do you want me to do? Claim back from my boss?

Think I will try helping hand for the next office move.

Wished I came to this thread. I used Advance transport and Service for my move last Friday, their manager came to my place to assess and told me 1 15ft truck will do whereas the other 2 movers told me we will need 18ft trucks. I thought this manager was quite professional so although they were slightly more ex, we decided to use them. They told us they will give me a 15ft truck and since I am moving from a condo to another condo and management don't let the truck into the carpark (too high anyway), they told me they will provide a van to ferry the small items to the big truck. Quote me $600 with 2 diversion. We also called them to check if all the things can't fit, they have to do 2 trips without additional charges as they are professional to assess not me.

Came that day, the movers saw my things and told me took much can't fit and $600 impossible while they are shifting my boxes. We told them to put the boxes down, call their manager and also don't give in to them. Basically, we told them we are not in a hurry so if the price is not right and they want to increase, than we will not use them, they can leave.

The workers called the manager and they discussed and discussed and in the end agreed. The 15ft truck can't really fit all the things, so we were there to supervise what to move and what not to move. End up I have to make 4 trips myself and 1 more trip this weekend...to ferry smaller stuff as we need to ensure all the big things that we can't move ourselves get moved.

I called them since Wednesday to collect the boxes and till today they have yet to collect them, maybe they don't want to give me back my $80 deposits.

Edited by yuenyuen

Hi. Wish to share my bad experience with my mover about 2 years ago. I engaged Tiong Lim Transportation co. for their service but really regretted it. The workers did not take care of the things when loading, unloading etc. so by the time my furniture reached my new place, we noticed scratches on our Scanteak furniture. When we asked for compensation, the owner just brushed it off. Worse, after they left, we noticed that they had used red marker to hide scratches made on our dark brown bookcases. They didn't bother to answer our calls. Sharing this in the hope that nobody else will suffer such bad experience. Will be moving house again next year. Wish me luck!!

we would like to engage Richards service,we trust that his service measure p to ya claims =)