Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
trulysingapore

Bad Experience With Mover

just moves my house last weekend. used Movers 101. so far so good. no complain. boss was big friendly guy. used 2 indian, 3 chinese workers, and 1 girls for kepo...(his daughter)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Wished I came to this thread. I used Advance transport and Service for my move last Friday, their manager came to my place to assess and told me 1 15ft truck will do whereas the other 2 movers told me we will need 18ft trucks. I thought this manager was quite professional so although they were slightly more ex. we decided to use them. They told us they will give me a 15ft truck and since I am moving from a condo to another condo and management don't let the truck into the carpark (too high anyway), they told me they will provide a van to ferry the small items to the big truck. Quote me $600 with 2 diversion. We also called them to check if all the things can't fit, they have to do 2 trips without additional charges as they are professional to assess not me.

Came that day, the movers saw my things and told me took much can't fit and $600 impossible while they are shifted my boxes. We told them to put the boxes down, call their manager and also don't give in to them. Basically, we told them we are not in a hurry so if the price is not right and they want to increase, than we will not use them, they can leave.

The workers called the manager and they discussed and discussed and in the end agreed. The 15ft truck can really fit all the things, so we were there to supervise what to move and what not to move. End up I have to make 4 trips myself and 1 more trip this weekend...

I called them since Wednesday to collect the boxes and till today they have yet to collect them, maybe they do want to give me back my $80 deposits.

Hi Yuen Yuen,

do you mind to PM me which mover did you engage? Thanks.

DO NOT USE JJ BUDGET MOVER!!

Die die cannot use them.

When they want business very fast. But when it comes to appointment confirmation.... delay and delay. Have to call and call to get a confirmation.

Deliver of boxes... also have to call and call until they finally deliver.. BUT, came 2 hours after appointment timing. :bangwall:

!!!

On day of moving... they come 30 minutes earlier. That is ok. But their staff just use my toilet without asking and left pee stains on the floor. Move very fast.

When arrived at destination, moved also fast, but their staff dropped something on my floor and left a dent on the ground. Pretend never see. When told them, the person in charge say small thing. I got mad!!! Demanded compensation for the damage. Asked me to tell them the damage later.

Nevermind... later when call them, avoid call until 1 week later. Also asked them to collect back boxes. Also avoid calls and sms. They try to avoid compensation and brush it off. Even collecting boxes also delay and delay. :furious:

PLEASE DO NOT USE JJ BUDGET MOVER - GARY 82821991 :bleah:

Edited by kawetan

After going thru renotalk, we used 138 Professional Movers while moving house in Oct and were quite happy with their service. The quote was reasonable and I even managed to bring it down by 50. We actually added one mattress and a rocking chair while moving, over what was decided at the time of quote, but they did not create any fuss. They came 15 mins early with 7 workers, who did a very fast and efficient job. Arranged the boxes and cabinets neatly in our new house. After a month, we called them for returning the boxes and they came immediately with the refund. Overall, a very good and hassle free experience.

I had been renting moving from place to place until recently settled down finally in a home I bought. I had always used this mover, guy called Richard. No fancy mambo jumbo, he is a 2 man show. I had used him at least 3 times already for my move. On 01-May got him to move for me about 50 boxes of stuffs, excl loose items like lamps, microwave oven, book shelf, CD shelf, plus some bags and also 1 Queen size mattress. It only costs me $100.

And above all, he is gentle when it comes to handling your stuffs and punctual in hsi timing.

Hi,

Can PM me the contact for Richard. Thanks a lot.

Stanley

Hello,

some qn on movers:

1) Can they give us boxes like 5 months before the move? We are tidying up our house, trying to pack our things.....

2) what is roughly the rate of these movers?

3) if we request some items to be bubble wrapped, will there be extra charges?

4) Can recommend which movers are very pro in dismantling my big wardrobe and assembling it back in my new house?

Thanks! ;)

I had been renting moving from place to place until recently settled down finally in a home I bought. I had always used this mover, guy called Richard. No fancy mambo jumbo, he is a 2 man show. I had used him at least 3 times already for my move. On 01-May got him to move for me about 50 boxes of stuffs, excl loose items like lamps, microwave oven, book shelf, CD shelf, plus some bags and also 1 Queen size mattress. It only costs me $100.

And above all, he is gentle when it comes to handling your stuffs and punctual in hsi timing.

Hi, could you please pm me Richard's contact? Thanks!

OMG I move next month and I'm terrified after reading some of your experiences. While most things can fit in boxes, my concern is my new mattress and divan set! It won't fit into the lift of the old house and i was told that if you bend the mattress to force it into the lift the pocket springs will break...

I called Zion Movers and the person-in-charge gave me a shock! I explain to him it was a 6-month old King size mattress (divan(2pcs can go into lift) + mattress almost $5k which is alot to me!) and he said not to worry they have ways to squeeze matress into lift (my current place is a 28yr old HDB and lifts not upgraded yet so you can imagine the tiny size)... faint, faint, faint. I explain to him cannot pocket springs will break, his reply was then you'll have to pay more for each flr we carry it down from. Before the carrying-down-the-mattress issue he had already given me an estimate quote of $400, OMG how much more. And i'm just moving to the next Ave, adjacent from my current place and a 5mins stroll away. He tells me its not the distance, I will still need to pay for a full day's work cause that's what he pays his moving men - a day's wage for what i estimate is a 1.5hr job,tops 2hrs cause we will be packing and wrapping everything else on our own.

My husband and i can actually move most things in our car ourselves, really, except for matress/divan and dining table. Its just the mattress/divan, 1 x 1.2mby 1.2m dinning table, 1 x 3 seater detachable sofa and 1 x dryer (sofa & dryer actually can fit in our SUV but if movers do it, all the better) that we need help. No fridge, washing machine, cupboards or any other bulky furniture. Any advice?

Edited by belbuttons

Ibellbuttons,

Is your king size divan a one piece or two piece divan? (i.e. is there a joint?) If it is a two piece divan, you can dismantle it and fit the two pieces into the lift easily. If the supplier can deliver to your place, you will be able to get it out the same way :) Remember to get the transporter to shrink wrap your mattress so that it doesn't get dirty during tranportation. Since the stuff is heavy, it's best to get movers to help you with the carrying. You can try the tranporter Mr Tan that I mention below.

I have used two movers, depending on the type of stuff I need to shift.

Mr Ishak 98582741

He's got his own van but you got to carry the things yourself. Cost me $50 to transport a 3+2 sofa set, coffee table, 2 side tables plus 1 TV console from Bedok to Pasir Ris. He's very punctual and drives very carefully. But you gotta do the hard labour!!

Mr Tan 97557226 / 95118203

He's got a fully covered lorry with movers to help you carry your boxes, furniture, mattresses etc. Very professional and very fast! They even cleaned out my fridge for me and transported all the food to the new place :D He's very careful and will shrunk wrap / put padding on your furniture which may be fragile etc. Cost me $300 for one lorry load from Eunos to Sembawang.

Good luck with the moving!

Edited by blue_skies

Ibellbuttons,

Is your king size divan a one piece or two piece divan? (i.e. is there a joint?) If it is a two piece divan, you can dismantle it and fit the two pieces into the lift easily. If the supplier can deliver to your place, you will be able to get it out the same way :) Remember to get the transporter to shrink wrap your mattress so that it doesn't get dirty during tranportation. Since the stuff is heavy, it's best to get movers to help you with the carrying. You can try the tranporter Mr Tan that I mention below.

I have used two movers, depending on the type of stuff I need to shift.

Mr Ishak 98582741

He's got his own van but you got to carry the things yourself. Cost me $50 to transport a 3+2 sofa set, coffee table, 2 side tables plus 1 TV console from Bedok to Pasir Ris. He's very punctual and drives very carefully. But you gotta do the hard labour!!

Mr Tan 97557226 / 95118203

He's got a fully covered lorry with movers to help you carry your boxes, furniture, mattresses etc. Very professional and very fast! They even cleaned out my fridge for me and transported all the food to the new place :D He's very careful and will shrunk wrap / put padding on your furniture which may be fragile etc. Cost me $300 for one lorry load from Eunos to Sembawang.

Good luck with the moving!

It is always sad to see that people pay good money for a "trouble free" move, and end up with more stress and troubles such as damaged items. I have used different movers on several occasions, and I notice some of them just stack and squeeze your boxes and furniture into the truck and have a "as long as it fits" kind of mentality, which is shocking. Anyone looking for a more professional mover with good service feel free to send me a message. We are all here to share.

Take care!