Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
trulysingapore

Bad Experience With Mover

Hello,

This topic may seem out of place, but there is no place here that talks about moving house and since moving house can be integral to the setting up of a new home (upgraders for example), I feel obligated to share my experiences for the benefit of anyone who migh learn from the episode.

We engaged a mover contractor that is listed on the yellow pages and which has many stars to boost its image. The contractor came and told us that two truck loads is sufficient to move all the big furniture with sufficient space left for only thirty boxes.

We thought to save cost, we only need the contractor to move the furniture and we can move the rest ourselves. So we got 30 boxes and packed whatever we could in them. 30 boxes is definitely not a lot. For an average family, 50 boxes is minimum and 70 or even 90 boxes would have been more comfortable.

Anyway, the day of moving arrived, the first truck load was fully loaded and ok. But the second truck load was only half full. We felt cheated so we asked the mover to fill up the gaps with as many of our other stuff which are packed into luggage bags, plastic bags and so on.

We didn't supervise them, didn't tell them what to take, what not to take as we were inexperienced and we trusted them to be professionals. In the end, we realised that they chose to take some of the lighter plastic bags and ignored the heavier luggage bags.

Worse still, when everything was finally moved and we started to unpack, we realised that things went missing. Some of my wife's expensive merchandise like handbag went missing.

We asked the contractor for an explanation but they simply ignored us. We are not saying that they stole our things, because we have no proof. All we are saying is that things, expensive things, were defnitely lost when they were shifting our stuff. If it is not their responsibility, whose is it?

But then again, we also don't have proof that we have lost things, so they can faint ignorance.

We are left with no discourse and can only warn you guys out there to be careful about movers. Some good practices are as follows:

1. Lock up precious things. Precious things don't just include jewellery or laptops, they also include expensive handbags.

2. Everything must be packed into carton boxes. You only pay $1 deposit for each box which you will be refunded to you eventually so take minimum 50 boxes, preferably 70 boxes

3. Supervise the work, by having one person at the old house and one person at the new house.

4. Don't disconnect the telephone in the old house until a couple of days after your move so that you can coodinate between old and new house.

Thank you

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Forgot to mention, the mover is Advance Services and Transport. Absolutely cannot be trusted anymore.

Thank you

Feel bad for your experience. anyways, thanks for sharing, this definitely is helpful info for those who looking for house mover like me.

I had been renting moving from place to place until recently settled down finally in a home I bought. I had always used this mover, guy called Richard. No fancy mambo jumbo, he is a 2 man show. I had used him at least 3 times already for my move. On 01-May got him to move for me about 50 boxes of stuffs, excl loose items like lamps, microwave oven, book shelf, CD shelf, plus some bags and also 1 Queen size mattress. It only costs me $100.

And above all, he is gentle when it comes to handling your stuffs and punctual in hsi timing.

Hi,

Can you pm me with your mover friend.

Thanks.

I had been renting moving from place to place until recently settled down finally in a home I bought. I had always used this mover, guy called Richard. No fancy mambo jumbo, he is a 2 man show. I had used him at least 3 times already for my move. On 01-May got him to move for me about 50 boxes of stuffs, excl loose items like lamps, microwave oven, book shelf, CD shelf, plus some bags and also 1 Queen size mattress. It only costs me $100.

And above all, he is gentle when it comes to handling your stuffs and punctual in hsi timing.

Can send me the contact number for Richard? Thanks!

Can send me the contact number for Richard? Thanks!

hi,

sounds nice, would you mind to pm Richard's contact number please..

Thank u very much.. :)

Had a bad experience with United Transport Services. The guy in charge, Stanley said will give me new boxes for moving as per telecommunication. But today his mover came & delievered us with the recycled boxes. When I asked why all were recycled boxes, the guy said that new boxes req more deposit while old boxes are $2 each. He said I could called up Stan & asked since he was the one who told me new boxes will be given. Before I made the call, the mover also complained tat my lift was very small & made it hard for him to put the FLATTEN boxes in.

I told Stan that all the boxes were recycled & the mover told me about the difference in prices of the recycled & new boxes. Stan explained that there were only recycled boxes available in the warehouse. I explained that I was rather uncomfortable with the drop in expectation, as this was only the start of the deal. Stan counter-offered with better deals,such as shall there be additional boxes as per agreement of 25boxes, he would waived it off for me. However, I felt disappointed that even while dealing with only the boxes, Stan did not valued his promise & his mover actually cooked up with some story just to brush off my question about the qulaity of the boxes. Altou, he did compensated me with other deals, I had a discussion with my husband & decided not to hire their service.

While I was still on the phone with Stan, negoitating if I shall hire the service, the mover yelled at my husband, and went off shouting angry words. This is such a shame.

I hope other fellow readers will be cautious in dealing with them if any of u shall hire their services. I do sgreed that Stan had been professional in handling the situation, but the mover was scary. I can't imagine if my items were to land in their hands, what more story they could cooked up with for more charges.

Had a bad experience with United Transport Services. The guy in charge, Stanley said will give me new boxes for moving as per telecommunication. But today his mover came & delievered us with the recycled boxes. When I asked why all were recycled boxes, the guy said that new boxes req more deposit while old boxes are $2 each. He said I could called up Stan & asked since he was the one who told me new boxes will be given. Before I made the call, the mover also complained tat my lift was very small & made it hard for him to put the FLATTEN boxes in.

I told Stan that all the boxes were recycled & the mover told me about the difference in prices of the recycled & new boxes. Stan explained that there were only recycled boxes available in the warehouse. I explained that I was rather uncomfortable with the drop in expectation, as this was only the start of the deal. Stan counter-offered with better deals,such as shall there be additional boxes as per agreement of 25boxes, he would waived it off for me. However, I felt disappointed that even while dealing with only the boxes, Stan did not valued his promise & his mover actually cooked up with some story just to brush off my question about the qulaity of the boxes. Altou, he did compensated me with other deals, I had a discussion with my husband & decided not to hire their service.

While I was still on the phone with Stan, negoitating if I shall hire the service, the mover yelled at my husband, and went off shouting angry words. This is such a shame.

I hope other fellow readers will be cautious in dealing with them if any of u shall hire their services. I do sgreed that Stan had been professional in handling the situation, but the mover was scary. I can't imagine if my items were to land in their hands, what more story they could cooked up with for more charges.

I've just used 138 Professional Movers services. They too use recycled boxes with $1 deposit per box. I would use their services again in the future. Highly recommendable.

hi ncy,

can pm me Richard contact as well?

thanks.

Is it a norm to paid for deposit for boxes? Lucky me, my mover didnt charge me anything at all. Probably the boxes are combi with new and old. I just couldnt understand why the contractors or services provider giving **** services, didnt they heard about RenoTalk Forum ?? For my movers i had had recommended alot of my frens and relatives, none of them make complains at all. Coz i did told the boss that, he better not messed up as words travel not by mouths nowadays instead by www.com.

Is it a norm to paid for deposit for boxes? Lucky me, my mover didnt charge me anything at all. Probably the boxes are combi with new and old. I just couldnt understand why the contractors or services provider giving **** services, didnt they heard about RenoTalk Forum ?? For my movers i had had recommended alot of my frens and relatives, none of them make complains at all. Coz i did told the boss that, he better not messed up as words travel not by mouths nowadays instead by www.com.

yeah i tink its a norm to pay the movers deposit, mine was $1 per box, but still quite all rite, becoz once i made an appt for them to collect bk the boxes, my deposit was returned promptly too.

Appreciate the number of Richard too.

Thks

Eren

Hello,

This topic may seem out of place, but there is no place here that talks about moving house and since moving house can be integral to the setting up of a new home (upgraders for example), I feel obligated to share my experiences for the benefit of anyone who migh learn from the episode.

We engaged a mover contractor that is listed on the yellow pages and which has many stars to boost its image. The contractor came and told us that two truck loads is sufficient to move all the big furniture with sufficient space left for only thirty boxes.

We thought to save cost, we only need the contractor to move the furniture and we can move the rest ourselves. So we got 30 boxes and packed whatever we could in them. 30 boxes is definitely not a lot. For an average family, 50 boxes is minimum and 70 or even 90 boxes would have been more comfortable.

Anyway, the day of moving arrived, the first truck load was fully loaded and ok. But the second truck load was only half full. We felt cheated so we asked the mover to fill up the gaps with as many of our other stuff which are packed into luggage bags, plastic bags and so on.

We didn't supervise them, didn't tell them what to take, what not to take as we were inexperienced and we trusted them to be professionals. In the end, we realised that they chose to take some of the lighter plastic bags and ignored the heavier luggage bags.

Worse still, when everything was finally moved and we started to unpack, we realised that things went missing. Some of my wife's expensive merchandise like handbag went missing.

We asked the contractor for an explanation but they simply ignored us. We are not saying that they stole our things, because we have no proof. All we are saying is that things, expensive things, were defnitely lost when they were shifting our stuff. If it is not their responsibility, whose is it?

But then again, we also don't have proof that we have lost things, so they can faint ignorance.

We are left with no discourse and can only warn you guys out there to be careful about movers. Some good practices are as follows:

1. Lock up precious things. Precious things don't just include jewellery or laptops, they also include expensive handbags.

2. Everything must be packed into carton boxes. You only pay $1 deposit for each box which you will be refunded to you eventually so take minimum 50 boxes, preferably 70 boxes

3. Supervise the work, by having one person at the old house and one person at the new house.

4. Don't disconnect the telephone in the old house until a couple of days after your move so that you can coodinate between old and new house.

Thank you

Yes, I have similar experience with the company called "Pan Jia" or move house (translate from mandrain) and I feel I have the responsibility to forewarn ppl. These mover literal open up our cupboards and drawer to check for things and they keep hussling if we dont want this or that so they could take them. They would take their own sweet time smoking, joking and laughing while moving the items. We have also losted a few items in the process. Worst is that at the end of the move, there were so many dents on our furniture and fridge and they even demaded tips. It was really a nightmare dealing with these hooligans and we are completely at their mercy.

Pls beware.