Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Our 2nd Home In Bishan

MBR BATHROOM (SETTLING-IN)

Before I start messing up the MBR Bathroom or have my wife pepper it with her truckload of 'beauty essentials', I thought I'd take some simple pics of it. Due to lighting limitations, the view's better at location rather than through pics. Somehow, I still regret not putting in a tub... Haiz! :(

SHOWER AREA

shift004.jpg

MIRROR CABINET & VANITY TOP

laststage002.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Ahahaha .. I prefer if I can get free invisible grilles for my bedroom windows! :P

No lah, forum is for sharing so we just help where we can.

Hahaha aiya joking joking

aiya was saying we should ask commission from invisible grille mah ask them to give you free bedroom grille else you remove your pic hor they sure lose alot of business hahahaha :P

AJ Congrats on the great move in!!! YOU GOT LOADS OF STUFF!!!! hahahaah...same as me....took a while to clear the stuff but when its done, total enjoyment!!!

love the overall feel of your home.... ;)

ironically, our previous wardrobe's only 6ft while the new one is 9ft and yet we're short of space somehow...

this is so true man... i tot i was the only siao one to think so :unsure:

Hi Angel! Thanks! Yup, will do once we're all settled in. Still unpacking and re-organising. Mr Yeak's brother's also popping by today to make some additions to our wardrobes. :)

Hehe, yah. Yeak and his bro (Ah Keng) came by my place after I just moved in to touch up here and there too. Think they are very nice and service-oriented to do these.

hmm...time to throw some away lah!

i wanted to clear 90% of my clothing away too! :P

pls lor, throw away i no clothing liao.

my man's pile is almost 3times mine.

he is the vain one between us.

haha....

it v nice...v resort feel...swee!!

ya lor!!mecham in hotel!!

AJ is that u in the mirror image? ;)

Thanks BD and Rondy. Yup, we went for the hotel look for the MBR Bathroom.

The mirror cabinet and vanity top also gave us alot of storage space for toiletries.

Yup, that's me in the mirror... not something else! Ahahahahaha! :)

AJ Congrats on the great move in!!! YOU GOT LOADS OF STUFF!!!! hahahaah...same as me....took a while to clear the stuff but when its done, total enjoyment!!!

love the overall feel of your home.... ;)

Yes PJ! Loads of stuff indeed! And its like taking forever to like clear! The house still not complete lah. After putting all the items in, I realised we may still need to make another cupboard in the kitchen. Also, haven't bought any furniture for the Living Room yet, so its bare ....

this is so true man... i tot i was the only siao one to think so :unsure:

Hahahahaha, so now you're not the only one lah! I also very puzzled at why there's a shortage of space. I think maybe now I need to take a step back and find a way to re-organise. Luckily Mr Yeak's brother popped by to add some additional shelves. I'm gonna try and see how.

pls lor, throw away i no clothing liao.

my man's pile is almost 3times mine.

he is the vain one between us.

haha....

Ahahahahahaha, that's what Christine always likes to claim too lah. But I think hor, she still win me lah. She got more clothes than me, and not to mention accessories and shoes. ****, almost 75% of the shoe cabinet is hers! Anyways, we'll be clearing out some clothes. If you guys are throwing or clearing clothes, don't dump lah, pass to me and I'll pass it on to the less fortunate or charity organisations that I help with. :)

Hope you guys are getting closer to unpacking than we are! :)

Yeah, its quite a task to not only unpack but organise the stuff. After taking out the stuff, I realised our originally planned wardrobe layout got to adjust or else we can't effectively use the space and fit in all our stuff... ironically, our previous wardrobe's only 6ft while the new one is 9ft and yet we're short of space somehow...

Thanks Reiki! I'm really greatful for all your concealment and wiring tips! :)

You bro! Thanks man! Its done up but still a couple of things outstanding lah. I guess for you, you're luckier cos' moving in would be easier since you're starting anew at the place. I remember it wasn't so bad previously for us when we shifted into our previous place for the first time since only my wife and me, and we can take our time bringing stuff over from our parents' place. But now with 2 kids, 2 parents and 1 maid in tow .. and alot more accumulated stuff and clothing over 5 years, its quite a task! :P

Thanks Sleepy. I'll PM you the contact.

Hi adrian_john,

Guess you must be very busy with the unpacking and reorganising your stuff. This is one of the biggest headache with moving. And once you have unpack you tend to forget where you have place certain items.

Errr........... I havent receive your PM. Can PM me the invisible grille contact when you are free?

Thanks for sharing :good:

Regards,

Sally

Edited by sleepyTan

Hi adrian_john,

Guess you must be very busy with the unpacking and reorganising your stuff. This is one of the biggest headache with moving. And once you have unpack you tend to forget where you have place certain items.

Errr........... I havent receive your PM. Can PM me the invisible grille contact when you are free?

Thanks for sharing :good:

Regards,

Sally

Heya Sally.

Sorry about the delay, I PMed you last Thursday. :)

QUERY ON STORAGE HEATER USE

Heya Guys.

Sorry if I sound abit suaku, but just wanted to seek some opinions and inputs with regards to the use of storage heaters cos' I'm a little confused.

Based on users' feedback, I understand there's basically 2 common modes of usage:

(1) Turn on the heater for 15 to 20 minutes before use to warm up the water. Then use until hot water runs out and repeat the process of turning on to warm up again.

(2) Leave the heater switch on all day so that the heater will automatically reboil when the hot water runs out. I was told that since the heater is energy-saving model, it'll not consume any energy when the hot water is not used, but only when it runs out. One electrician even said that this is more energy-saving than switching on and off when there's a need to use.

Any thoughts or feedback on this from users? Much appreciated thanks.

QUERY ON STORAGE HEATER USE

Heya Guys.

Sorry if I sound abit suaku, but just wanted to seek some opinions and inputs with regards to the use of storage heaters cos' I'm a little confused.

Based on users' feedback, I understand there's basically 2 common modes of usage:

(1) Turn on the heater for 15 to 20 minutes before use to warm up the water. Then use until hot water runs out and repeat the process of turning on to warm up again.

(2) Leave the heater switch on all day so that the heater will automatically reboil when the hot water runs out. I was told that since the heater is energy-saving model, it'll not consume any energy when the hot water is not used, but only when it runs out. One electrician even said that this is more energy-saving than switching on and off when there's a need to use.

Any thoughts or feedback on this from users? Much appreciated thanks.

Eh Bro if i'm the one using i will use option 1

Oh btw i will be getting a timer switch intro by 1 of the forummer for my heater so that it will auto off the heater just in case i forget :P

for my case,

when i wake, i will on the heater, then proceed to brushing my teeth, then to bathing.

The water is already warm enough for my bath. Not necessary need 10-15 minutes.

Then will turn it off after bathing.

However if many are using the heater, then perhaps on and off several times will consume more electricity.

perhaps you can off after the last bath.

My house oni 2 of us. So we only on twice a day. morning and night.

hihi,

sorry, but this is about the invisible grille again. :P Am thinking of installing the grilles for my kitchen window before installing a mozzie screen.

I got the guy from legate/ legrille down to do a quotation and he told me that the grilles can only be fixed and cannot be opened. Would really like to fix the grilles but am worried about the cleaning of the windows cos the grilles can't be opened.

how do you solve this problem, Adrian?

TIA!