Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Tsubame

Munchkin's Sweet Home

Carpentry was up. Problems went up too... :bleah:

Most glaring upon entry into house: Unporportionate TV console

RecTVConsole.jpg

Totally not following given measurements. :bleah: They will be rectifying this by adding another drawer under the suspended shelf to even out the porportions. Hope it looks ok. :unsure:

Upon closer inspection, our anticipated foyer was not according to design:

RecFoyer.jpg

In the 3D, it can be seen the slants are "slot" into the seat. However, ID said carpenters said support not enough, so made the slants so fat, and there goes the design... :furious: ID will look into making it look closer to original design.

Wardrobe is generally ok, but they laminate wrongly the panel below the TV stand. Should be continuous stretch of purple:

RecWardrobe.jpg

Also, see my aircon not centered? It was installed according to the center line given by the carpenters themselves... :bleah: Now cannot be helped.

The worst shock of the day. Saw my 3D of the study above? We were so looking forward to full stretch floor to ceiling shelvings. What we got:

RecStudy.jpg

:jawdrop: There was a beam there, which we totally didn't remember as previously it was totally covered by previous owner's wardrobe. Nobody inform us we'll be losing the storage space on top. If we had know, we'd have put the bookshelves on the other wall, and the study table below the beam instead. :bangwall: We've at least 20 cartons of books and files for these cupboards... Now I have to commission another cupboard somewhere in the house to ensure we have enough storage.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hey ur MBR air con is above your TV?

your purple laminate looks special. which brand is it from?

Yah lor, else will be right above our heads also not good right? Anyway the trunkings all in the room behind. Basically installed it where the previous owners did, only their bed was right below it.

The purple laminate from the Jennings catalog.

Very nice 3Ds and also the MBR purple laminate. :) Hope that the defects will be rectified soon. :)

Thank you. We hope so too.

i saw the same issue too. aircon above TV, what if there are condesation or even leaking?

We didn't think of the risk initially. But shouldn't be a problem as we seldom on aircon and even then only for a couple of hours to cool down the room. Our current aircon right above our heads and the wind blowing at our feet, quite stupid. :rolleyes:

Long time no update. Found rectification works to be more time-consuming than actual reno. Tells you that if everything done siu siu, will save you lotsa frustrations...

Anyway, here's the 3D for the extra cabinet in living we had to comission due to not enough cabinet space:

3DLivingCabinet.jpg

It is being set up now actually.

Will post pics of the house once packing is done. Place looks like logistical warehouse at the moment...

Is that a shoe rack? must be able to store plenty of shoes. :)

You refering to the last 3D rite? That's a cabinet for all the things I cannot stuff into the study and storeroom... Shoe cabinet is the smaller one at the side, with the white backing one. My husband got more shoes than me... I'm those 1 pair of sandals can go everywhere type. :P

One thing I've learn, having a bigger place not necessarily means more storage space, cos storage space have to be created, i.e. $$$ to make/buy shelves/cabinets. When packing to move hse, realised that my humble 4-rm actually kept over 80 cartons worth of things for me nice nice. It's a great place, hope the new owners appreciate it.