Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rasp

Our Home

Rasp,

I finally get my account validate after changing the email address.. Have been too busy these days with my kids..

Think my house will nt be renovating so soon..

Your reno status seems quite good..

Please invite me to your house when is ready..

Haha.. bu yao lian to ask myself..

Hiya Princessdella,

U finally got your account. :sport-smiley-004: Can start your blog already. Hee..

Have you guys managed to sort out the layout? We also looking forward to your reno.

My reno so far ok. It's been a week since I last went over. Now my hb's turn to monitor. Hee.. According to hb, the main door is coming today and carpentry will be up next week. Last part will be the marble polishing. But I seriously have no idea where to shift my stuff for the polishing. ;)

Hee.. sure sure.. you can just pop over when the place is ready. But I don't have much to show cause mine all simple simple stuff. :lol:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Updates on Recess area:

My shoe cabinet area.... seems dark.. :unsure:

P1030066.jpg

Hmmm the recess area looks pretty good.

Should have entrance/foyer light right ? If got then wont dark liao lo hehehehe

Hmmm the recess area looks pretty good.

Should have entrance/foyer light right ? If got then wont dark liao lo hehehehe

Yes, there's a mini rectangle light here. We also selected a whitish tile for the flooring, hoping to brighten it up. If daylight also need to on the light, then abit sian and waste electricity. ;)

Updates:

The main door is scheduled to install last friday. We have to install the main door first so that the main gate can be installed and the lock be changed to the new gate before dismantling the existing main door frame. Hb was around to monitor it but alas, the installer still knocked onto the water pipes and cause some minor leaking. Hb phoned Henry immediately and Henry said he will get someone to look at it and fix it asap.

I went up in the evening and surprised to find that the bedroom doors were also installed.

Here's the pics taken by hb during installation~~ :D

My bedroom door before fixing them to the frame.

P1030217.jpg

The top part of the doors. Ummm.. the part is 'exposed'. Is it normal?

P1030218.jpg

Here's the door after being fixed to the frame, before installing the lock.

P1030223.jpg

The door handle and lock. We asked for lever kind instead of round ones.

P1030219.jpg

The holes drilled on the doors for the installation of lock.

P1030226.jpg

hi rasp, your reno seems to be coming along very well... :) good for you.

so when is ur scheduled HO? carpentry should be very fast too. what is the end design you're visualising for your place?

Updates:

There's a stopper provided at the back of each door. Quite close to the wall when its 'stick' on.

P1030224.jpg

The magnet is quite strong. Need to use some strength to pull them apart. hee..

P1030255.jpg

Here's the complete look of the bedroom doors.

P1030256.jpg

Everything seems ok with the doors. But I am curious about the 2nd picture (of the previous post) that my hb took during the installation which shows some sections as raw wood. I wonder if they had 'laminated' those areas or left them raw. We climbed up to take a look and was pretty surprise to see the area in raw condition.

This is what we saw.... :o

P1030286.jpg

We are not sure if its a normal standard / practise to leave the top portion 'exposed' / 'raw'. Can anyone please share your experience with us? :unsure:

hi rasp, your reno seems to be coming along very well... :) good for you.

so when is ur scheduled HO? carpentry should be very fast too. what is the end design you're visualising for your place?

Hey Beany,

I just went over to your t-blog to ask you about your doors. My HO is around end of Sep which marks the 8th week of reno. My carpentry is scheduled on coming Tues. Tomorrow, they will be polishing my mbr first so as to prepare for my wardrobe installation.

Er.. we didnt have any 3d design. I think final design is just simple simple kind. hee.. :)

The top part of the doors. Ummm.. the part is 'exposed'. Is it normal?

P1030218.jpg

Hehe, this is double posting by me - replied in forkie's thread.

Rasp, it didn't occur to me to check when all my doors were being installed. Just had a check and all my doors are not 'exposed' - and I think, professionally, the carpenter should not have left it exposed. I find it is just weird to leave that part not laminated.

It can be an injury hazard zone in future - say, when you are going to wipe clean the door and not using any ladder to do it. Wood splinters might get in the way.

BTW, I always enjoy reading your updates - there is always a sense of joy. Your house is looking great, Rasp.

Hey Beany,

I just went over to your t-blog to ask you about your doors. My HO is around end of Sep which marks the 8th week of reno. My carpentry is scheduled on coming Tues. Tomorrow, they will be polishing my mbr first so as to prepare for my wardrobe installation.

Er.. we didnt have any 3d design. I think final design is just simple simple kind. hee.. :)

rasp, saw ur post on our blog - lemme check tonight... this issue has never come across my mind. the hubby said he checked, it feels raw; but dun think any of us ever climbed up and took a look. will do tonight & let u know. thanks for highlighting this

Hehe, this is double posting by me - replied in forkie's thread.

Rasp, it didn't occur to me to check when all my doors were being installed. Just had a check and all my doors are not 'exposed' - and I think, professionally, the carpenter should not have left it exposed. I find it is just weird to leave that part not laminated.

It can be an injury hazard zone in future - say, when you are going to wipe clean the door and not using any ladder to do it. Wood splinters might get in the way.

BTW, I always enjoy reading your updates - there is always a sense of joy. Your house is looking great, Rasp.

Hihi Reiki,

Great to see you around. Yes, we were pretty shocked when we saw it. So we thought of checking around first before asking our contractor about it. But like what you mention, its going to be an issue for cleaning. And we are kinda keeping everything to our ease of maintenance theme so this top part is kinda off. Will check with our contractor to see what can be done about it. :rolleyes:

Thanks. I thought my blog was pretty boring. Nice to know that you actually enjoy reading it. :lol:

rasp, saw ur post on our blog - lemme check tonight... this issue has never come across my mind. the hubby said he checked, it feels raw; but dun think any of us ever climbed up and took a look. will do tonight & let u know. thanks for highlighting this

Hi Beany,

Thanks thanks. Sorry to trouble your hb to check.

I think I am the only weird one around to look at the top. Seems like no one check on that. :huh:

Updates:

I think I missed out these ugly pics on the door lock last night.

Here's the other end of the lock on the frame.

This is on my old existing frame. Very ugly right? According to Hb, its due to the paint from the old frame that is peeling off when they install the metal piece.

P1030280.jpg

This is the other one also on my old existing door frame. Looks ugly also. But the issue seems to lie with my old existing door frame. :( Hopefully they will look better after the painting.

P1030282.jpg

This one is on the new door frame. The painter had painted a coat on it, not sure if its the sealer or base paint. But the door frame still look very 'raw' with the painting, guess there will still be more touch-up on it. ;)

P1030281.jpg

By the way, we noticed that the metal piece seems to be 'protuding' out. Is that normal? All along, I thought the metal piece will ends at the door frame. Hee.. this is not a major issue, just curious about it. :D

rasp, you and ur hubby are really detailed when it comes to reno, i realise.

we are so... shoddy compared to you, haha. as usual, we have never gone to look @ the door frames and the locks on it.

picked up some tips from you... its time to open our eyes wider!

hihi rasp!

paiseh long time no visit ur blog, everything looking good!

ya, the protruding metal piece is normal.

but maybe i can suggest something la. remove all the pieces first

then at least the workers can sand off the rusty part n paint.

then they will look neater after u rivet them back!

more swee this way :D