Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poseidon_gal

Damp Wall

This happen in my mother's place.

The wall in one of that bedroom between us and the neighbouring unit is damp.. this only happen recently..and only at night..

My mother suspect that our neighbour is blasting their A/C which causes the damp wall.. Can this happen???

We just got a new neighbour..haa maybe the old neighbour dont have A/C so no such problem at all.. =p

I only know wall that happen to be an external wall can be damp if there is water leakage due to "holes" between bricks but due to A/C from neigbouring unit???

Any idea???

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

dampness in the wall ah > could cause alot of future problem leh.

- paint starts to bloat

- paint starts to peel off

- flaky wall

might need hdb ppl to resolve this liao.

Blast AC means wall 1 side cold, 1 side warm, result in condensation forming inside the wall, like cold coke bottle sweating on the table. The droplets are forming inside the wall cavity. Eventually, your side will have mildew stains. sometimes when look at older buildings.. u see 1 wall.. got like brownish stains..but is only that floor and not entire building. This is the aircon effect.

So far.. I am not aware of how to resolve this.. unless rebuild wall with solid bricks, to reduce the amt of air trapped inside the wall that allow for condensation. Maybe if neighbour have a curtain on that wall.. or use some wallpaper to add insulation to that side.. maybe can prevent sweating inside the wall.

HDB ppl might have to dry the wall, then paint sealant layer over it.

Probably use ICI dulux supreme 3 in 1 (wait long long ah)