Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
soxcotton

Can We Choose The Dates For Our 1st Appointment?

Hi,

Can we choose the dates for our 1st appointment Or is the dates given to us by HDB?

And if im unable to go on the dates given by HDB, how to go about changing the dates?

Btw, for physical submission of the form to HDB, will HDB send us an acknowledgement card?

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Can we choose the dates for our 1st appointment Or is the dates given to us by HDB?

And if im unable to go on the dates given by HDB, how to go about changing the dates?

Btw, for physical submission of the form to HDB, will HDB send us an acknowledgement card?

Thanks!

i check from hdb can change appointment if only both parties agreed to change date. it is agent who set appointment date. mine 1st appointment next month sat morning

i check from hdb can change appointment if only both parties agreed to change date. it is agent who set appointment date. mine 1st appointment next month sat morning

my agent says cannot choose date/time, it's given by HDB. i prefer Sat (bcos no need take annual leave :D ) but i got mine on a Fri, also next month.

Edited by Babyblue

Our agent tell us that by first week of Mar can go 1st appt and ask us when we prefer than she will counter check with the seller.

So we agar-agar got a date which was 3rd Mar than my agent I think she tell the HDB officer that both seller & buyer working overseas so we fix a date for 1st appt. I guess the HDB will make a note to accommodate if possible.

i guess it can b changed so long as we give a valid reason. agent will always say cannot as that's the easiest way for them to make arrangement.

i guess it can b changed so long as we give a valid reason. agent will always say cannot as that's the easiest way for them to make arrangement.

Yap I agree the agent will say connot so it will be easy for them. My view is that if I pay the agent I expect her to do something for me and moreover I know it can be done. Heheh usually I will read or call the relevent dept than get my agent to do... I know its kinda silly since I pay agent liao why I also call... :P

Yap I agree the agent will say connot so it will be easy for them. My view is that if I pay the agent I expect her to do something for me and moreover I know it can be done. Heheh usually I will read or call the relevent dept than get my agent to do... I know its kinda silly since I pay agent liao why I also call... :P

First appointment date can be fixed by both seller and buyer as long as the date has free slot by HDB. As most people prefer sat as non-working date and HDB only work half day on sat, and if wanted sat as 1st appointment date, may have to wait a long time, up to 1-2 month. As agent, they like to close their deal fast to get $$$, they will give their seller & buyer the earliest date possible (which is normally a weekday lor).

As agent, they like to close their deal fast to get $$$, they will give their seller & buyer the earliest date possible (which is normally a weekday lor).

exactly... our 1st appt is gonna be on a weekday morning, before 10am zz

The agents don't like to work on weekends ma, because already confirm deal, these are servicing job and will not bring in sales.

Weekends they will like to spend taking new clients to visit more house, etc.

They are making a living, so must understand wor :)

both our selling and buying 1st appointment was at 8.20am. Thought they start work at 8.30am but ok la as the whole procedure was pretty fast

if submit manually cannot chose time.

if not submit manually (be it personal or via an agent), got other way of submission? what? online?

if submit manually cannot chose time.

Submit manually means the OPT form and there is one more form to fill (the form looks like the PSLE form with lots of small box to colour)??

To request for a change in HDB 1st appt date, you need to get all the relevant buyers and sellers to sign a letter requesting for a change in date, then submit to HDB. But must have VERY legitimate reasons for doing so. I also asked my agent to do but like all agents, they will not go this extra mile for you, so I did it myself but got the agent to get all the parties signed agreement. Very troublesome but if you have valid reasons for wanting to so, I think HDB will try to accomodate.

To request for a change in HDB 1st appt date, you need to get all the relevant buyers and sellers to sign a letter requesting for a change in date, then submit to HDB. But must have VERY legitimate reasons for doing so. I also asked my agent to do but like all agents, they will not go this extra mile for you, so I did it myself but got the agent to get all the parties signed agreement. Very troublesome but if you have valid reasons for wanting to so, I think HDB will try to accomodate.

Hi Candijew

How was your request for a change in hdb 1st appointment date? Was it successful?

I intend to appeal for an earlier 1st appointment date as I had found a flat that I am interested to buy. Would like to know if anyone has done it?