Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Supersimon27

S It True That L-box (false Ceiling) For Cove Light More Exp Then Dow Light ?

hi all,

what's the diff btw cove and down lights?

for Lbox, other than using cove lights and down lights, what other options are there? possible to use those normal fluorescent tube as lightings (hidden away from view of course? or it has to be complemented by cove lights/down lights?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

L-box with cove light are usually more expensive than the normal L-box. Agree with DoubleJ, unless you have a fairly good flat and smooth ceiling else you'll be looking at bumps and depressions. Paint type also plays a part, if you using those Wash & Wear or those with elastic solutions, you'll see more of the bumps as the paint reflects light.

L-box are charged by pfr, for a normal 300mm width. Anything more than 300mm width will incured additional cost. Reason, L-box when purchased from supplier only comes in that size, hence wider width means more work and materials.

Contractors / IDs will charge according to the amount of work to be done. If you are only doing L-box or false ceiling for a small portion in your house, be prepared to get a lump sum price instead of going by pfr or psf prices. It make sense, if you are being sent to do something small, not mentioning the transportation and effort to bring your tools up. Any contractors will do the same charging you a lump sum.

i was quote by a contracter false ceiling and L box for my 4rm flat $1500 is it reasonable?

Hi there.. I went to EXPO fair recently, talked to ID Citrusbox.

He quoted me $9-$15 max for L box pfr.

Is it ok? He also mentioned that that those cheap ard $9 like u all mentioned here is based by wood mounting which is not safe and will fall off easily in the long run.

He said that if go for higher end, it provides metal decking, and mounted to the ceiling area, which technically speaking am not really certain of.

Can anyone of u enlighten me? He also said that its way much better with metal.

Also up to me which type am looking at and base on my budget as well Will be meeting him this wednesday.

Total quotation was ard $6k max for L-box living/dining inclusive removal of current old cornices, making wall features for TV , not inclusive of suspended TV console as I told him I will buy it myself, with mirror effects on the wall as well as fabricating new doors (swinging) as well as changing laminate for my MBR wardrobe.

He mentioned that, once he go down see my house, make exact computation, price may reduce more and no hidden cost. No GST also!!

Seems like very sincere guy. Am I being chopped here?