Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
st002

Better Drawer Runners?

Hi, my contractor promised to use 4 blum drawer runners for my cabinet & use better runners (lower quality than blum) for the rest of the runners...but i tested out this morning, those that r not blum, don't have soft-closing, a bit shakey. When i asked him, he said it's already better runner liao. Should i insist that he change them all?

Can anyone pls advise...is it really better runners as shown in pic. Thanks.

f_drawerm_b58639d.jpg

Edited by st002

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yours look the same as mine... Mine is just simple cabinet with no BLUM & soft-closing mechanism.

Since he promised to give you BLUM, you should insist for the change.

Yours look the same as mine... Mine is just simple cabinet with no BLUM & soft-closing mechanism.

Since he promised to give you BLUM, you should insist for the change.

He gave 4 blum runners only, used for large drawers already...he said the rest will be also better runners (but not blum lah, since blum more ex). Just curious how to tell what is good quality runner and what is not.

Thanks for the info ;)

Well, at least with soft-closing mechanisam ba?

If BLUM is expensive, then ask him to use other cheaper brand lah, like the one IKEA is using, not bad too.

Well, at least with soft-closing mechanisam ba?

If BLUM is expensive, then ask him to use other cheaper brand lah, like the one IKEA is using, not bad too.

the ikea one is not bad.. can buy it off shelves.

But pls remember if you are buying ur own runners, you have to inform your carpenter beforehand in order for him to take into consideration the measurements of the cabinets and drawers. Cos there are long and short runners of different length for big and small drawers etc.

If not buy le, cannot fit in, very wasteful.

Hi... Does anyone knows roughly hw much isit to change all the runners of the kitchen cabinet to the soft closing type? Mine has 2 soft closing ones n abt 6 normal ones... Thinking of changing all to soft closing ones as my mum keep slamming the doors as she keeps saying that she cant rem which is n which is not... Haiz :(

the ikea one is not bad.. can buy it off shelves.

yea...i was at ikea last weekend & saw their drawer system quite nice & expensive too..... :(

there's this carousel wire basket for corner cabinet which is on offer. looks kinda filmsy....i wonder if anyone here

have used it can care to share their experience with it. many thanks in advance.

also they have this set of 3 30cm wide pull-out system drawers going at $130 per set. i wonder if its a good buy... :unsure:

Hi... Does anyone knows roughly hw much isit to change all the runners of the kitchen cabinet to the soft closing type? Mine has 2 soft closing ones n abt 6 normal ones... Thinking of changing all to soft closing ones as my mum keep slamming the doors as she keeps saying that she cant rem which is n which is not... Haiz :(

anti slaming runner are not cheap wor..about $50plus for blum brand..but still need consider the labor charges for a carpenter to change for you. Tink ikea cheaper but dont know whether lasting or not.you want to consider stick those little transparent studs from DIY shop to the side of the drawer to cushion the slamming noise instead??

Hi, my contractor promised to use 4 blum drawer runners for my cabinet & use better runners (lower quality than blum) for the rest of the runners...but i tested out this morning, those that r not blum, don't have soft-closing, a bit shakey. When i asked him, he said it's already better runner liao. Should i insist that he change them all?

Can anyone pls advise...is it really better runners as shown in pic. Thanks.

f_drawerm_b58639d.jpg

this one is the heavy duty full extension tracks.mine also uses this type. but if you say is shaky, maybe the measurements is not right.You can consult your carpenter and ask them to adjust the side slightly to make the drawers not so shaky?? sometimes miss by a little 1mm space will make alot of difference..but too tight also not good