Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
just4this

Collect Keys Before 2nd Appt? (renovation)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, did anyone collect their keys before the 2nd appt so as to start renovation earlier? Is there any concern or is it possible?

we collected the keys on 1st appt and reno started about a week later due to some hiccups on the reno permits. Moved in way before 2nd appt.

yes, there are always concern when u proceed with reno before 2nd appt as there are some instances whereby the sales did not pull thru and 'buyers' had to forgo the renovation (completed reno). If reno is half way done then sellers expect buyers to restore back the flat to original state. Anyway, this is the worst scenario that can happen.

For us, we ensure that the in principle approval for the sales pull thru first (usually can be reassured when the sales is published in the resale transaction)...must also confirm that the sellers can sell their flats i.e completed the min occupation period, not a bankrupt, if its divorce case then make sure its finalised, etc.

Can be really stressful so try to avoid getting into such situation unless no choice.

Edited by hello88

Can be really stressful so try to avoid getting into such situation unless no choice.

We had attended 1st appt and i heard from the seller agent that the seller had also brought a resales somewhere else. They also only took 2K deposit from us (so dun think it will be a affort to cheap deposit case). They seem to me like a happy family with 3 kids n a maid, so dun think divorce sign exist.. i think safe lah hor

We had attended 1st appt and i heard from the seller agent that the seller had also brought a resales somewhere else. They also only took 2K deposit from us (so dun think it will be a affort to cheap deposit case). They seem to me like a happy family with 3 kids n a maid, so dun think divorce sign exist.. i think safe lah hor

should be safe hor.

we will be getting our keys before the 2nd appt too. Owner has oredi outstation and they agreed to let us in earlier to do clean up and move in our stufs.

we will be getting our keys before the 2nd appt too. Owner has oredi outstation and they agreed to let us in earlier to do clean up and move in our stufs.

Did u carried out any renovation? and is there any B/W signed?

Thanks

Its best for buyers to sign an indemnity form if there's intention to carry out reno before 2nd appointment. Gotta be fair to seller too and just in case there's dispute if something goes wrong along the way.

Did u carried out any renovation? and is there any B/W signed?

Thanks

we will not do any reno as the house is already well done up. Juz thorough cleaning and move in furniture :)

we will not do any reno as the house is already well done up. Juz thorough cleaning and move in furniture :)

possible to see picture of the house already well done up. i bought the house, also well done up, 100% move in condition except bedroom no build in wardrobe, all tile n floor are 1.5year old.

we collected the keys on 1st appt and reno started about a week later due to some hiccups on the reno permits. Moved in way before 2nd appt.

yes, there are always concern when u proceed with reno before 2nd appt as there are some instances whereby the sales did not pull thru and 'buyers' had to forgo the renovation (completed reno). If reno is half way done then sellers expect buyers to restore back the flat to original state. Anyway, this is the worst scenario that can happen.

For us, we ensure that the in principle approval for the sales pull thru first (usually can be reassured when the sales is published in the resale transaction)...must also confirm that the sellers can sell their flats i.e completed the min occupation period, not a bankrupt, if its divorce case then make sure its finalised, etc.

I am currently in this situation now as seller is a PR and when he is back from malaysia for few year already but did not know that need to inform HDB that he has return back to singapore so HDB thought he is still in malaysia so the sumbit of OTP is rejected. Luckly the seller got a job in singapore and has been working since he is back few years back and also got CPF contribution and most important got pay income tax. It already been 4week since the appeal for the seller to sell the flat. HDB has already approved but letter till now the seller haven receive the approval letter from HDB yet, dun know why took so long to send the letter?????? If not my 1st is at sep next month and now I think have to wait till NOV then got my 1st appointment.

Hi, would like to ask... I'd like to start reno immediately after 2nd appointment, so am hoping to get all the permits done during the wait between 1st & 2nd appointment. All contractors i spoke to said we can get the seller to sign an indemnity form for this purpose.

But how about the actual application of permit? who is supposed to apply? me, contractor, or seller?

Thanks in advance~ :)

Hi, would like to ask... I'd like to start reno immediately after 2nd appointment, so am hoping to get all the permits done during the wait between 1st & 2nd appointment. All contractors i spoke to said we can get the seller to sign an indemnity form for this purpose.

But how about the actual application of permit? who is supposed to apply? me, contractor, or seller?

Thanks in advance~ :)

It would be the seller (who is the legal owner of the flat) and the contractor (who is doing the job).

It would be the seller (who is the legal owner of the flat) and the contractor (who is doing the job).

Thanks ngunadi :)

sigh was hoping that we can apply on seller's behalf cos they would not help in applying... :bangwall:

Hi, How long does it take to apply hdb renovation permit?

I'm thinking if its just a few days, then I will apply for it immediately after 2nd appt where i am the rightful owner, instead of asking the seller to apply.