Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

WAH I haven't read through the whole thread... I was only away for a week or so... mmm

DOVE I suggest you 1) read through this thread carefully... 2) read and view pictures in ivy's T blog, familyof4's, Smallboy's, fondue's, mrspiglet's, jesper's, metalsubzero's, or mine... pick any 3 to read. :)

If you're looking for nice conceptual drawings... then I suggest you go for an ID :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
dots... you're meeting him tonight?? what time? I set up appointment with him for today at 5pm... i hope he's not gonna fly aeroplane with either of us =p

Wow! never know a contractor can have an exclusive corner to discuss his work. He must be good.

Mind sharing a sample of his quote and his contact? I'm very excited to see one actual and final quote look like.

The last few days at the Reno road show organised by our RC at one of the block void deck, most of them want you to commit before they allow you to have the initial conceptual plan draw by their ID. Thks

:(

being following this site for some time can i have his contact cheers

If you are tight for time and need to move in by a certain time, you may want to re-consider Ah Soon. He usually can't meet deadlines that tight.

I'm currently using Ah Soon. Actually, he sent Alan to handle us. The first impression was just as a lot of people said. He'll quote quite high. But then after lots of negotiation and directly asking Uncle about the pricing, we came to a competitive price that the other IDs that we considered said that they definitely cannot match that price. One even said that the quoted price is below his cost price.

Alan turns out to be somewhat forgetful at times, but quite a nice guy. Even stayed with us at our new place till 12am just now and sent us home. He'll give some suggestions and willing to throw in extra work here and there with no extra cost. But of course, our place is still under renovation so I can't comment on the final work yet. Will have to see how it turns out to be.

Maybe when I'm more free I'll set up a T-blog.

I heard there are more than one Ah Soon >.<, someone has messaged be the contact for ah soon, but I just wanted to make sure, so can someone pm me again so I can confirm the right one.

Anyway, I am still open for other contractor, ( I am on budget side) so if anyone knows of anyone with good quote and take priority in workmanship like ah soon, ( u know, willing to redo cabinet type)

Btw, I am english speaker, can't do well in mandarin, but is willing to translate if needed. In our current situation, saving the $$ and getting good value products is more important ^^

I would appreciate it a lot if you share their contacts with me and tell me a little bit about their working style.

Can I have Mr Yeah's contact as well?

Most of the time I have been silently reading the forums and gotten a lot of help and reviews, and I appreciate the effort everyone has put in for people in need, really. I sincerely thanks you all.

Thank you very much.~~

Hi to all,

I read this thread from the forummer "Smallboy" whom he recommend me to read before engaging Uncle Soon. After reading this thread, I guess that he should be extremely busy with projects. I want to thank "Smallboy" for asking me to read this thread. Thank you

Forum is to share...so everyone be cool and steady...dun take it too hard... ^_^

Hi All,

Need contacts of Ah Soon, anyone ^^

Renovating my house too... sengkang.

Doing All of toilet thingy, both toilet.

Break down one kitchen wall ( open concept )

Kitchen doing cement base and cabinet with tiles, and laminated cabinet door and shelves inside.

( should be cheaper than carpenter?? )

Indian galaxy Granite top

Partition and additional door,n **** room ( feng shui purpose )

Change all doors 3 bedrooms and 2 toilets.

( hopefully mbr toilet door can put a clean mirror with/without frame so that from the mbr, it just look like a mirror on the wall, handle on the side of bathroom with hook lock, anyone done that before?? )

Regards,

bunnyanime

yea this thread is to help all potential clients of uncle understand what to expect from uncle and to be a realist when working with him. he has so many projects now, we gotta be fair to him. as much as it is "his problem" to take on so many projects, whats done is done so lets move on beyond that and help uncle to help us. LingEr, no offence and please do share your views with us. mostly uncle does more for HDB before this period so i guess it is a learning process for him too.

:D are u renovating soon? i can point u to some of the other helpful IDs I have spoken to in my time of sourcing around if u need more to discuss with. :)

one point about the saliva pouring from all ah soon customers.. that's prolly bcos he does have so many customers now! a handful is from the forum if i am not wrong.

yowetan, appreciate your concern, i've moved in. hiccups and all, i've to move on from it. the thread here is neutral ground, u post your view i post mine. im upfront about my unhappiness faced and i have already said its due to the sub-cons that uncle uses. given a choice, he wouldnt want to use ppl who gives him problems too. sub-cons do go around, so we all have to be careful.

if u can deal with uncle's style, then by all means, get someone else that is better for u. i can tell u that i cant afford to pay the ID fee that is quoted into the final price, so i rather go with a contractor and "pay my dues". i dont believe in cheap & good & painless & fuss free. so hope it does clarify.

lingEr, i do apologise if i am "scaring you off" with my input here. from my post i am definitely not out to chew off someone's head. just wanted to know the exact definition or the source of emotions that leads to one saying over-rated. which yowetan has pointed out.

i just feel that some choice of words were bad and i reacted to that, not you. all inputs are welcome like i said. dont take it personally. i was addressing a myriad of points stated from some here.

wow... wats more important is tat u have move in to ur new house already, which is good...

one point about the saliva pouring from all ah soon customers.. that's prolly bcos he does have so many customers now! a handful is from the forum if i am not wrong.

yowetan, appreciate your concern, i've moved in. hiccups and all, i've to move on from it. the thread here is neutral ground, u post your view i post mine. im upfront about my unhappiness faced and i have already said its due to the sub-cons that uncle uses. given a choice, he wouldnt want to use ppl who gives him problems too. sub-cons do go around, so we all have to be careful.

if u can deal with uncle's style, then by all means, get someone else that is better for u. i can tell u that i cant afford to pay the ID fee that is quoted into the final price, so i rather go with a contractor and "pay my dues". i dont believe in cheap & good & painless & fuss free. so hope it does clarify.

lingEr, i do apologise if i am "scaring you off" with my input here. from my post i am definitely not out to chew off someone's head. just wanted to know the exact definition or the source of emotions that leads to one saying over-rated. which yowetan has pointed out.

i just feel that some choice of words were bad and i reacted to that, not you. all inputs are welcome like i said. dont take it personally. i was addressing a myriad of points stated from some here.

Edited by aubrey

Strange....

Just when we have decided to give us on Ah Soon (because his English quote didn't come), he called yesterday asking when he could drop by our new place.

Ncy, we appreciate yours and everyone else's contribution lah, but nobody is here to slaughter anybody, probably bcos this is a "faceless" discussion, readers will read all messages differently and they will use their imagination to interpret the mood and emotion of how the words should be read.

When I write, I maybe writing with a peaceful mind, however, once it's up in the thread, everyone will interpret it differently, some may think my post sounds angry, some think it sounds defensive, some think it sounds offensive, some think it sounds ok mah. So it's all up to how our grey matters assume. Alot of times I think we interpret each other's intent wrongly.

Everyone can post both positive and negative parts freely, but somehow human brains are wired in such a way that they respond more actively to negative news. Who cares about celebrity X has given birth? That's good news, but it last at most a few days. But if Celebrity Y jump from a building and commit suicide, it's negative/bad news, but the reaction to that event last for weeks, even months or years. That's how our minds are wired and that's why I think there was over reaction from everyone, be it uncle's customers or not.

Let's bring the whole thread back to context, this thread is to discuss Ah Soon, so good or bad, bring it on so that others can make informed decisions. Don't stop others from posting negative (which I strongly stress that I am NOT stopping or imply anyone to STOP and we ourselves DO post negative things that happen) but be fair, don't jump at us, when we put in our positive thoughts against those negative comments. It was said uncle's customers drowned others with their reaction, didn't the other way happen as well? We, too were drowned when we post how we feel. So see? When there is action, there will be reaction.

So folks, try not to use harsh words or get too personal such that we lost the initial purpose and intent of the whole discussion. Be open and agree to disagree like what ncy said. ncy and a few others disagree with ah soon's customers on certain things, and ah soon's customers also disagree with ncy on certain things. That is totally fine, no need to stop each other from airing their views, as they are all truer than true review, readers just need to read and interpret it on their own.

(just to highlight - I AM WRITING THIS IN A PEACEFUL MOOD AND TONE that's why so long winded :P)

Wow just 1 day never see forum, like great tsunami come and blow this Ah Soon posting....hahaha.I agree with marvin although me and him r not related in any way. In fact I think I can agree to disagree as well with alot of Ah Soon supporters too. Some of their comments are constructive and postive. For that, my hats off. I think this is really a good platform for info exchange as I pointed out before.

But to familyof4, I dont agree with your reply. I think you better get your emotions in check, anything you disagree with me, lets debate offline from this forum. I hold my piece and I stand by what I said whether is my choice of words or my opinions.

Trust us when i said, me and I believe marvin had think hard before posting what we wanted to say knowing the onslaught we will received. But we stand by what we say because I believe forumers should be mature enough to take criticisms, deflect criticisms, make logical sound rebuttals. With this believe, I will continue to contribute in whatever possible.

To those who feel some anger, or emotional tinkling sensations running through your veins, take a breather and rethink again before posting. Cooler heads prevail.

On 18th May 2009, 666 mentioned in his post "I juz became a fan of ah soon group...". Today, 31st May 2009, you mentioned "Well, im not really a supporter of Ah Soon ..."

You further mentioned "I believe his popularity here have caused some "red eyes" here...i knoe sooner or later there will be someone to put him down."

I think all forumers here would like your clarifications. Posting not so positive comments about a firm or contractor means "red eyes" or in which para or sentence that the past threads by the few forumers putting him down? Comments from Ah Soon clients themselves said Ah Soon fly them aeroplane etc, does that means putting Ah Soon down? Bad and good comments, are found in almost all the other posts in the renovation firms sector. That is what a FORUM is all about.

Your statement is worrying, and forumers here may misunderstood that they cannot post anything bad about anyone here.

If you do find GOOD and CHEAP contractors, do post here too. I also have not confirm with anyone yet.

Thanks.

wah..u stalking me ah...worrying siah. :unsure: .hope u not gay..lucky never post my address..if not later some1 come looking for me under my void deck.

In facebook, im a fan of many craps, fan of tis & dat, im a fan of mas selamat too..

Anyway like i say earlier..im a fan of anything which is cheap and good..so ah soon falls into my category...if later on an Ah beng or ah seng contractor emerge and can provide cheap and good, & if they are in facebook..i will be their fan too..

I do not have time to scan thru any post..i dont understand wat u mean..i never say cannot post anything bad about anyone. Dont put words in my mouth.

Wat im saying is when some1 gets too popular, sure get critic...ah soon customers oso knoes, b4 any1 employs him, they aredy warn him of his short comings.