Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

erm... i tink we have to get out of this thread to further talk abt the IDs? since this thread is for unker soon... i scare rahs...

hahaha...Sure!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I have not finalised yet though after close to 2 months of intensive searches (I also for Cheap and Good ones...hehe), have shortlisted the 4: -

1) Home Guide

2) Ideal Design

3) Mr Yeak

4) Inzen

So far, experiences with them are quite pleasant and quotes are competitive.

erm... i tink we have to get out of this thread to further talk abt the IDs? since this thread is for unker soon... i scare rahs...

ya marvin... i am flooded by all the saliva riaos... haha...

which ID u choose ah?

I have not finalised yet though after close to 2 months of intensive searches (I also for Cheap and Good ones...hehe), have shortlisted the 4: -

1) Home Guide

2) Ideal Design

3) Mr Yeak

4) Inzen

So far, experiences with them are quite pleasant and quotes are competitive.

can someone define overrated for me? seems like overrated here means "a lot of ah soon customers". so i guess mr yeak is the next to be overrated huh? everyone is entitled to their views and for those who think uncle is overrated, so... whats the point here? i think its clear enough that we, as ah soon's customers, given disclaimers on uncle. which those who said uncle is overrated has understood. they have to rightly pointed out that uncle's works requires lots of proj mgmt, a lot of supervision on owner's parts etc. how do they know? from the existing customers right?

if mr yeak's customers brand themselves as yeakers, why can't ah soon's customers start a fan club for him? (calling outselves sooners sounds funny to me) i think that somehow along the way all this is taken out of proportion and blown up. FYI i placed the title "superstar" just for fun. its not meant to be serious. its just me to say these things. so please dont take superstar out of context and say that i am idolizing him. far from it in fact.

our tblogs are his customers' testimonies, you wont find these honest to goodness comments on any other websites. testimonials mostly contains nice words written of a single person.

so to all potential uncle ah soon customers, even if u want to consider using ah soon, sorry to say but he is up to his neck with jobs and have started to reject. as much as u are choosing him, he is also choosing jobs now based on his schedule. if he can fits. which is what everyone is advocating anyway, be it uncle's customers of bystanders.

i am sorrie... but i dun mean anything bad or negative abt unker soon... but... i felt tat u r too defensive in ur post... its a bit scaring me off tat i have to tink twice b4 i wanna post anything abt unker soon...

On 18th May 2009, 666 mentioned in his post "I juz became a fan of ah soon group...". Today, 31st May 2009, you mentioned "Well, im not really a supporter of Ah Soon ..."

You further mentioned "I believe his popularity here have caused some "red eyes" here...i knoe sooner or later there will be someone to put him down."

I think all forumers here would like your clarifications. Posting not so positive comments about a firm or contractor means "red eyes" or in which para or sentence that the past threads by the few forumers putting him down? Comments from Ah Soon clients themselves said Ah Soon fly them aeroplane etc, does that means putting Ah Soon down? Bad and good comments, are found in almost all the other posts in the renovation firms sector. That is what a FORUM is all about.

Your statement is worrying, and forumers here may misunderstood that they cannot post anything bad about anyone here.

If you do find GOOD and CHEAP contractors, do post here too. I also have not confirm with anyone yet.

Thanks.

marvin u got super memory ah? like tat u also can remember?

but... i tink... hard to have both cheap n good... sometimes i tink so... just my own tots... but of cos, getting an expensive n reputable ID might not be good as well... soo kinda contradicting...

lol. i think it's just miscommunications lah. It's true there are many other good or even better contractors out there, it's just that uncle have a lot of publicity here cz i think most of his biz also come from recommendations from forummers here who recommend him to each other. So, no biggie.

Btw LingER, for the nature of your work i think you may not want to engage uncle or even contractor bah. Most of the time you'll need to be there for design discussions, or supervision/inspection. Which i think your job nature does not allow time for. Maybe you may want to get a reputable interior designer instead, who can help you out with all the design elements and jaga the work for you? It'll be slightly pricier but the peace of mind is priceless =)

For my case, i chose uncle also because i can afford the time to jaga. Me and wife are free nearly the whole of june so can take turns keeping an eye out on things.

ya, i also tink most likely to be miscommunications... its everywhere no matter who we engage for help... just tat hoping to minimise the miscommunications here n there... furthermore, i tink unker soon is really too busy for meetup... i guess it might even be hard for me to match his timing... tats y i tink i dun wan to waste unker soon time for a quotation lor...

On 18th May 2009, 666 mentioned in his post "I juz became a fan of ah soon group...". Today, 31st May 2009, you mentioned "Well, im not really a supporter of Ah Soon ..."

You further mentioned "I believe his popularity here have caused some "red eyes" here...i knoe sooner or later there will be someone to put him down."

I think all forumers here would like your clarifications. Posting not so positive comments about a firm or contractor means "red eyes" or in which para or sentence that the past threads by the few forumers putting him down? Comments from Ah Soon clients themselves said Ah Soon fly them aeroplane etc, does that means putting Ah Soon down? Bad and good comments, are found in almost all the other posts in the renovation firms sector. That is what a FORUM is all about.

Your statement is worrying, and forumers here may misunderstood that they cannot post anything bad about anyone here.

If you do find GOOD and CHEAP contractors, do post here too. I also have not confirm with anyone yet.

Thanks.

I am still thinking I want to post on this thread or not. Like I said, I believe there are alot of people reading for the threads for these few days, either laffing it off seeing a free show, OR, simply have not plucked out the courage to reply to the thread because it has proven............the saliva from Ah Soon clients indeed will flood and drown us.

Anyone who can read and understand simple English here will be able to read and sensed the nature of the threads. Its self explanatory.

I just hope once again to rest this matter as started by Ncy (Sorry I am not related to him/her in anyway) who did so with good spirit and intent by giving objective views: - (I think I did mentioned in previous threads as well)

Go for Ah Soon or other contractors if

1) You want slightly cheaper quote

2) Can have time to jagger and oversee the project.

3) Knows exactly what designs you wanted.

4) Threshold level is high for waiting.

However, I personally met up with Alan , do not bother to waste your time, his quote is 30% higher than a reputable ID firm.

Go for ID if: -

1) You are a design nerd like me

2) Can pays slight premium for more attention.

3) Wants to have an avenue to seek redress for botch jobs (As I previously did mentioned, IDs companies are usually more afraid of bad reputation.)

4) Needs someone to help you oversee, and he is the only one contact point.

Lastly, we do recognised the good work done by Ah Soon, its seen on all your beautiful blogs. But we just hope you understand that no one is trying to be malicious here. You can read from our previous threads that Uncle is also one of our potential renovators that we are asking quote from too. :)

ya marvin... i am flooded by all the saliva riaos... haha...

which ID u choose ah?

He got company & of coz got license la..do so many reno works liao

but his name & reputation like bigger than his own company...

forgot wat his coy name..the quotation got state..

Well, im not really a supporter of Ah Soon but im a supporter of "want cheap, want good, want best"..whoever can intro me such contractor better than ah soon...definitely i will go for it..

Ah Soon customers have posted their pics of his works, not bad....at least for the price they have paid.

I believe his popularity here have caused some "red eyes" here...i knoe sooner or later there will be someone to put him down.

but the supporters of ah soon is oso not blind or stupid, ah soon dun give them $$ or wat to support him,they oso have gone thru IDs and contractors b4 sticking to Ah soon..they are happy with wat they got for the price they paid.so be it..no need put pple down..

there is no such ting as best contractor in sg..sure got some gd or bad in them.

so any contractor better than ah soon.

Hi rdnest,

I believe this Alan is just trying to catch up the super hot status of "Ah Soon"; coz they (contractors) knew very well that jobs are harder to find, and usually such renovation company (I dun even call firm) are usually fly-by-nite operation. (Sorry if I have offended any one here)

I just wan to let everyone knows (though I believe many might know that as well) that contractors are usually unrealiable at most times, who knows they will be around for business for many years to come. Some renovators are exist for a period, and they will disappear into thin air. Same goes to the ID firms as well.

Good luck to all prospective home owners.

Yes, U r rite, Yowetan :)

Actually to me, the selection of contractor/ID is very simple. Get the most with the limited budget.

Of course, workmanship/design/quality are impt factors. But to me, if I dun hv the $$, how to afford tt

as long as the reno is done at available budget & at acceptable quality. I'm happy :)

though not expecting problem-free reno process, I think updating at RT blog will help to drive the contractor to better perform :P

Hahaha... many thanks again to RT bro & sis. Unity is POWER! Yeah!! ;)

Hi all, thanks to our RT bros & sis, Alan learns the hard way tt marking up high is definitely nt the way to get biz.

He has changed and re-offered my fren. The deal is now confirmed and reno will start on 10 June (fren set the date).

Stay tuned for the reno progress :)

Hi rdnest,

I believe this Alan is just trying to catch up the super hot status of "Ah Soon"; coz they (contractors) knew very well that jobs are harder to find, and usually such renovation company (I dun even call firm) are usually fly-by-nite operation. (Sorry if I have offended any one here)

I just wan to let everyone knows (though I believe many might know that as well) that contractors are usually unrealiable at most times, who knows they will be around for business for many years to come. Some renovators are exist for a period, and they will disappear into thin air. Same goes to the ID firms as well.

Good luck to all prospective home owners.

I just like to highlight one more point - whichever contractor we use, and whatever things turn out in the end, and many years to come; we will know if that Uncle soon/ Uncle Yeak/ and whichever IDs are producing good job and material for your renovation.

No one can guarantee anything after 1-2years when all things start to settle in. Only then, we shall see Yeakers/Sooners/IDers/ABC supporters would be still around to give their testimonial.

Overated is given to Uncle Soon's for his workpiece are not really excellent; workmanship; service quality are not up to expectation (Data and information extracted from Uncle soon's clients through their T-blog)

Overated is given to Uncle Soon's because the price offered by him is not necessarily cheap or cheaper than other contractors (I have yet to get a quote, however I am keen to get a quote from him)

Overated is given to Uncle Soon's because he is definitely not the only contractor available, and not the only contractor who can give and take.

Overated is given to Uncle Soon's because its already 31th May, Aubrey - you have yet to move in.

Dun flame me, because the above comments are of my personal perspective and opinion.

I am still thinking I want to post on this thread or not. Like I said, I believe there are alot of people reading for the threads for these few days, either laffing it off seeing a free show, OR, simply have not plucked out the courage to reply to the thread because it has proven............the saliva from Ah Soon clients indeed will flood and drown us.

Anyone who can read and understand simple English here will be able to read and sensed the nature of the threads. Its self explanatory.

I just hope once again to rest this matter as started by Ncy (Sorry I am not related to him/her in anyway) who did so with good spirit and intent by giving objective views: - (I think I did mentioned in previous threads as well)

Go for Ah Soon or other contractors if

1) You want slightly cheaper quote

2) Can have time to jagger and oversee the project.

3) Knows exactly what designs you wanted.

4) Threshold level is high for waiting.

However, I personally met up with Alan , do not bother to waste your time, his quote is 30% higher than a reputable ID firm.

Go for ID if: -

1) You are a design nerd like me

2) Can pays slight premium for more attention.

3) Wants to have an avenue to seek redress for botch jobs (As I previously did mentioned, IDs companies are usually more afraid of bad reputation.)

4) Needs someone to help you oversee, and he is the only one contact point.

Lastly, we do recognised the good work done by Ah Soon, its seen on all your beautiful blogs. But we just hope you understand that no one is trying to be malicious here. You can read from our previous threads that Uncle is also one of our potential renovators that we are asking quote from too. :)