Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I hope only mah... and trevor tot i will force him to take loanshark to complete my house.

But come on lah, u think he so stupid meh? We die already he also haven die....

actually i din say you force him, but seriously, even asking is bad enough!!!

hopefully, he will not be so stupid, cos it will be worse for him.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Homeowners

Maybe you would like to unite and give ah soon a deadline to complete the job? If he can't fulfill his promise, it's time to some actions.

Just to share a incident: I brought something online but the item never came. The seller kept coming up with numerous excuses about not posting out the items. The 101 excuses are children sick, she's sick, being suspected with H1N1 etc

I started a thread and many people came forward and share their experiences with that fraudster.

In front of the police, I gave that fraudster 1 last chance to refund to me but that $$ never came.

Why do you want to waste time with that people?? If they really want to cheat you, THEY WILL no matter how many chances u give..

We started to file a police report and I also informed the media - (the report came up in Straits Times, Chinese Newspaper and Razor TV. Thru the media, there are more victims coming forward to share their experiences. Investigations show that that fraudster really "fixed" her mind to cheat and there are as much as 62 cases against this shameless person.

We can't get back our refund but for sure, the fraudster went to jail. At least there is a closure and we face up to reality that we will never get back our $$ and also it prevent potential victims from getting cheated.

How i wish they still continue do *Agak2x

In my situation, the unpaid workers broke the tiles !!!

BTW , my tiler Ah Hwa said Ah soon has got him to go to another unit tommorrow..so hopefully one of u will get your

tiling work done soon...Ah Hwa is a v good guy

Dear forumer,

ALWAYS MUST REMEMBER CHEAP THING NOT SO GOOD, GOOD THING NOT SO CHEAP................ah soon now is in debts with lots of ppl not only sub-cons, suppliers even house owners, their hard-earned money...however this must be a quite good lesson especially don't ever engage ppl without company esp those old-type contractors at hdb downstairs....

Thought he has a company Fu Hua or something?! And FYI, a contractor having a company is worse... it means that the company and him are separate entities and he doesnt even have to go bankrupt if the company burst...

Edited by merryman

Dear forumer,

ALWAYS MUST REMEMBER CHEAP THING NOT SO GOOD, GOOD THING NOT SO CHEAP................ah soon now is in debts with lots of ppl not only sub-cons, suppliers even house owners, their hard-earned money...however this must be a quite good lesson especially don't ever engage ppl without company esp those old-type contractors at hdb downstairs....

Ah Soon customer's left over jobs:

pm me your list of o/s items and i will collate all together n ask for contractor price...!

minimize our loses!!

Hi Seashell,

Glad to know that you finally decided to move on without waiting for that Ah Soon...

I think you are really a super helpful person that helping to collate these mess.

Look forward...things will only be better tomorrow... but if you stay put or look back...pain, anger and stress are endless.

May I suggest that you guys get all those essential work, especially the Wet work, electrical work and perhaps the ceiling work done up first... instant of hacking floor consider using overlaying of laminates flooring so that you can quickly move in...

All other carpentry work like feature wall, cabinets, cupboard etc...put on hold first, buy those instant furniture (no need very good quality ones) ...because if one day that Ah Soon really settle his stuff and come back to help you guys finish the work, then you can use what you paid him to do up all the carpentry work nice nice mah...

Just my little suggestion...I sincerely hope it will help some of you to plan…

getting a quote is to get ourselves prepared for the worst...

i have yet to give up chasing ah soon... even tou i know the chances are vvvv slim....

Ah Soon customer's left over jobs:

pm me your list of o/s items and i will collate all together n ask for contractor price...!

minimize our loses!!

Back in May when I mentioned that Ah Soon was overrated, him dubious status as a contractor/ID in HDB, I get hentam from left to right by his supporters then.

Anyway today I just want to say to you guys and ladies going through this hardship that all of you are really one **** of a tough fighter!! I think all of you are very strong.Not sure if I can handle it this well if it happens to me. Take care and be strong

NCY, if you remember me... haha... anyway, that time when you mentioned, it was based on words, no one had this big a problem back then. So of course, there are many who continued to support him back then. But what was wrong about engaging him was also very much revealed. Those were the very reasons why I didn't choose him to even give me a quote.

To everyone here affected, hope you guys can come up with a win-win situation with him soon..

worst to worst, gather all houseowners affected by ah soon, then find contractors to give us a good quote to finish up the remaining job...

that is really when there is no choice...

pm me your email and list of o/s things not done, i can try to collate and ask ah soon sub cons to give us their contractor price... i spoke to one of the sub-cons, they even got their own HDB licence.. i request for my house windows on sat, mon they come install liao...(of course i did tell them my urgency as there is flood in my house)

asking them in a group, we stand a higher chance of getting low prices...

this sub con i liasie with, their price is also very good, my whole house windows grilles (double hollow) is only $880, somemore i got a BIG balcony and BIG service balcony. averagely i have about 25 panels of windows...

Hi Seashell, is it 9489**** the uncle? Ah Seng is it... i ask him to do shower screen and sliding door in kitchen for me... will meet him up today or tomorrow.

Yes ah soon is a dry raisin, squeeze him also no use, move on, decide your own HO date, live happily with ur family... god have eyes, he will bless all victims.

Although i feel bad too, i am trying to calm you down... once my house is settled, i will tell u more things. Stop wasting ur family's time and relationship... move on...

worst to worst, gather all houseowners affected by ah soon, then find contractors to give us a good quote to finish up the remaining job...

pm me your email and list of o/s things not done, i can try to collate and ask ah soon sub cons to give us their contractor price... i spoke to one of the sub-cons, they even got their own HDB licence.. i request for my house windows on sat, mon they come install liao...(of course i did tell them my urgency as there is flood in my house)

this sub con i liasie with, their price is also very good, my whole house windows grilles (double hollow) is only $880, somemore i got a BIG balcony and BIG service balcony. averagely i have about 25 panels of windows...

Great to see you take the lead to get the others to take positive action and help yourselves. your idea sounds good.

Zhi same like you,

I almost engage his service, but he took way too long to come back to me so i was worried.

N he only call me back after i confirm my own ID.

Seashell,

Let me know if you need help to gather all the people or get any info for lawyers... even thou Im not Ah soon customer

But I dun mindi helping you all :)

Edited by charemme

IMAGINE THIS SITUATION:

If we houseowners decided to stop chasing uncle and proceed with our own renovation using our own money,

UNCLE COULD BE HAPPILY POCKETING OUR MONEY -- 12 HOUSES X $10k -- with no interest to pay, and best of all, earn bonus interest if he have the means to complete our houses....

is he really that POOR????

even we make police report, ah soon has not run away yet, he is not considered as committing any offences yet.. he could have say, i will do, u jus wait lah...

If report police, case, legal mean at least he know you all are taking some kind of action with the help of govt body rather than he will always " said wait wait i will do for you" no points right ? Let the police called him up for investigation, interogation or watever at least he know that all of you are not the person who will sit there and wait and wait and wait. If for me I long time already take action, I will not bombard him with call or sms.