Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Ya... I'm quoted $1650 (everything in lah) Thought it is kinda ex coz some quotes I gotta from other ids were much cheaper. But there might be hidden cost loh. If moz of u think that wat Ho Bee quote is quite reasonable, I think should be safe. :bleah: Also pai say to neg wif him for that coz overall his quote has been really reasonable. Any comments on their painting job? :good:

I was quoted $95pfr for kitchen cabinet. How did yours come up to be 5k? :jawdrop:

better use hobee's painter...i can vouch this uncle's skills - very neat no overlapping.

next time IF i were to shift house - i will still engage hobee but if the electrician tao chew is still the same guy then most likely i would drop the electrical job.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
was the electrician tao chew (hobee's) there?

I dunno is the electrician call tao chew. but he called my husband once and my husband call him Ah Meng. I think Ah Meng should be the name bah.

I also dun like the electrician. should have find others.

better use hobee's painter...i can vouch this uncle's skills - very neat no overlapping.

next time IF i were to shift house - i will still engage hobee but if the electrician tao chew is still the same guy then most likely i would drop the electrical job.

yeah... use their painter better, coz they will paint the base 1st.

after install the light + a/c then paint the real colour.

if there is any changes on reno, they still can come to touch up the paint.

i got the auntie painter from hobee :jawdrop:

Edited by simeiz

hi peridotitude, ya kitchen cabinet is 34ft but solid surface is 16ft not 24ft.

btw, is ho bee price subjected to GST? it state on the quote "NETT price" .. have not call him to nego and advise quote..better to meet to negotiate or call ah? normally how u all negotiate?

wah i read ah meng electrician no gd..then can request patrick not to use him or not?

Edited by lxiul

hi peridotitude, ya kitchen cabinet is 34ft but solid surface is 16ft not 24ft.

btw, is ho bee price subjected to GST? it state on the quote "NETT price" .. have not call him to nego and advise quote..better to meet to negotiate or call ah? normally how u all negotiate?

wah i read ah meng electrician no gd..then can request patrick not to use him or not?

Really? Mine 17ft, $1190 leh. :(

Thought his price is quite reasonable already. Some more I'm not very good at bargaining. Juz hope everything goes well will do. :notti:

Ya... This Ah Meng very terrible. Like that will spoil Ho Bee's reputation wor... :bleah: If given a choice, I also don't wanna use him. But how to put it to Patrick?

I think i am the only one saying abt Ah Meng. Mace say Tao Chew also no good.

I think Ah Meng must remind him to lay the electricity properly. else he will just lay the wire across the ceiling.

I think i am the only one saying abt Ah Meng. Mace say Tao Chew also no good.

I think Ah Meng must remind him to lay the electricity properly. else he will just lay the wire across the ceiling.

tao chew = master electrician/senior electrician

that guy's name is ah ho.

Really? Mine 17ft, $1190 leh. :jawdrop:

Thought his price is quite reasonable already. Some more I'm not very good at bargaining. Juz hope everything goes well will do. :P

Ya... This Ah Meng very terrible. Like that will spoil Ho Bee's reputation wor... :) If given a choice, I also don't wanna use him. But how to put it to Patrick?

wah.. then mine is overcharge by quite alot! extra $35pfr :P

must bargain this with me when we meet him..

is your kitchen layout L solid surface or just a straight line? btw, any idea wat brand of solid surface is he quoting you?

tao chew = master electrician/senior electrician

that guy's name is ah ho.

ohh so the problemetic electrician guy is ah ho or ah meng now? hehe..

probably can hint to patrick that alot of reviews on the problems with electrician not laying wires properly.. we duno how the guy look like leh.. how to know if he still engage him or nt to do ur home?

Edited by lxiul

wah.. then mine is overcharge by quite alot! extra $35pfr !!

must bargain this with me when we meet him..

is your kitchen layout L solid surface or just a straight line? btw, any idea wat brand of solid surface is he quoting you?

He can't be over charging u lah. Maybe some misunderstanding. Can double check wif him loh. :notti:

Mine is L. He didn't say which brand but I guess it should be the standard one. :rofl:

Anyone any idea how much deposit muz we give once confirm his service? :notti:

Ixiul : To add on to your post about the kitchen cabinets part, here's my belated reply 'cos I didn't see that part while reading your post. hehe I better :notti: myself for being blur also.

Anyway the kitchen cabinet was not done by Ho Bee as my parents in law recommend a kitchen contractor to us instead. So we engaged him after working out the quotes. Ho Bee did the tiling works for the kitchen & balcony only. The kitchen size, when i say counting by the kitchen length, not the cabinet length... It's about 18 ft long and kitchen cabinet length is about 13ft long. I also have recess area at the other side of the wall where washing machine is by. I had also checked with a few contractors on the kitchen quotation including Ho Bee, quite ex to do a long kitchen length like ours and not much difference in the pricing. Which is why we engaged the contractor by my parents in law since his quotation is cheaper in comparison. You can do a comparison with other contractors besides Ho Bee's quotation to see how they'd do a rough calculation of your kitchen costs