Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

to all members who read this thread.

do take note of which year taichizi joined this forum.

i can only add one thing - hobee can never make EVERYBODY/whole world happy.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yup.... I am an oldie in this forum.... and also "semi-retire" from this forum as I seldom do posting these days in this forum...

Considering after moving in for more than 1.5 years.... I still find Ho Bee's workmanship more than satisfactory - with no complain and was glad that I've engaged him for my reno.

I can even add one more plus point for Ho Bee which was not in my blog. Less than a year after I moved in, the glass panel behind my kitchen stove, that was done by a different company which I've engaged to do my kitchen cabinet before I met up with Ho Bee, started to cracked and after 1 month of initial crack... the crack line extended to almost the whole glass panel. 27052007133nz0.th.jpg

In the end, no choice had to change... Ask Ho Bee to help.... No problem.... The glass panel was replaced in 1-2 weeks and this time Ah Keong said that the glass won't crack as it is a glass that is processed to resist heat. I can't remember what the term for this kind of glass. But, the point is.... Ho Bee came to the rescue... and help to "fix" other's incompetency. This event took place in June 2007.

And, I will remember to send him greeting card during CNY and thank him for his work. If I ever need to do a second reno, he is still my preferred choice.

to all members who read this thread.

do take note of which year taichizi joined this forum.

i can only add one thing - hobee can never make EVERYBODY/whole world happy.

Edited by taichizi

Hi all,

Does Patrick design feature wall as well?? if I require one? or I need to design for him to fabricate?

you only need to tell him what you want and how you want it to look like.

i met with patrick yday and now waiting for quote. wah! he is the choppest and most straightforward quotation for us! ard 20mins. hee..

err are all of you same as me?

we did not even go into the details of the design and wat to use for kitchen cabinet. just agar agar explain wat we want to do..

does patrick give discounts or negotiable for freebies? if not, then any other hidden costs other than the quotation if we make some changes inbtw reno?

Just wana raise my opinion too.

I also retain my old window, just change the glass panel. Cheaper than u change the whole window...

What is this mckennic? A cleaning solution specially for windows? Where to buy?

Regarding this mckenic, i saw one push cart in IMM jurong east with the sign mckenic, i think they have the solution for the household stains and dirt. two days ago, i saw one mckenic push cart at the basement of compass point sengkang. do check it out. they are having promotion now. :good:

i met with patrick yday and now waiting for quote. wah! he is the choppest and most straightforward quotation for us! ard 20mins. hee..

err are all of you same as me?

we did not even go into the details of the design and wat to use for kitchen cabinet. just agar agar explain wat we want to do..

does patrick give discounts or negotiable for freebies? if not, then any other hidden costs other than the quotation if we make some changes inbtw reno?

hmm this happen us when we were comparing quotations - his is a little exp.

but we scrutinised/compare every item in detail.... :dribble:

those quotations that were cheaper than hobee - has a lot of hidden cost.

hobee's quotation is final amount quoted that includes EVERYTHING.

i think it depends on wat hidden cost you mean. if u say abt material, eg. his quote say PVC but actually u thought ur bookshelf should be laminate or veneer. feature wall he quote us is laminate. if we want veneer need to top up cash. I think for ID company, all these material does not add to the cost, unless u ask other materials other than PVC, laminate or veneer. It's very hard to get an attractive discount from him too.

HDB got one rule that the electrical wire must go round the edge of the house and cannot go across the ceiling and conceal. But the electrician just pulled ours across the ceiling. It's all done and we can only LL. Just hope HDB won't come and check. So if you are renovating the house, maybe remind them dun do that.

We also have cove lights in our house but the electrician leave gaps in between the flourescent lights, causing shadows when we on the lights. My ID fren said these should not be happening.

Our carpenter, Ah Keong, seems to be knowledgeable and experienced. But we haven't start our carpentry work so cannot comment on their workmanship.

last weekend i went to my house and found urinate in the toilet bowl and not flushed. it is ok for us to let the workers to use the toilet or even to bath. but they didn't flush it is quite bad.

Edited by buibui

i think it depends on wat hidden cost you mean. if u say abt material, eg. his quote say PVC but actually u thought ur bookshelf should be laminate or veneer. feature wall he quote us is laminate. if we want veneer need to top up cash. I think for ID company, all these material does not add to the cost, unless u ask other materials other than PVC, laminate or veneer. It's very hard to get an attractive discount from him too.

HDB got one rule that the electrical wire must go round the edge of the house and cannot go across the ceiling and conceal. But the electrician just pulled ours across the ceiling. It's all done and we can only LL. Just hope HDB won't come and check. So if you are renovating the house, maybe remind them dun do that.

We also have cove lights in our house but the electrician leave gaps in between the flourescent lights, causing shadows when we on the lights. My ID fren said these should not be happening.

Our carpenter, Ah Keong, seems to be knowledgeable and experienced. But we haven't start our carpentry work so cannot comment on their workmanship.

last weekend i went to my house and found urinate in the toilet bowl and not flushed. it is ok for us to let the workers to use the toilet or even to bath. but they didn't flush it is quite bad.

U use glossy laminate for your capentry work?

U use glossy laminate for your capentry work?

no i am using those normal laminate material which i have to choose those that cost less than $50/sqf. my feature wall which is 5 ft, is quoted in laminate. if i want veneer, then have to add $300.

Edited by buibui

no i am using those normal laminate material which i have to choose those that cost less than $50/sqf. my feature wall which is 5 ft, is quoted in laminate. if i want veneer, then have to add $300.

Why there is restriction to type of laminate used? All IDs that quoted me can use all type of laminate except for those metal type. My 6ft full height laminated TV feature wall cost ~1k. How much was yours?

Yeah.. that's what i thought too. normally the quotation has got no limit of material used unless is those special kind one.

My 5ft full height feature wall is $900. Maybe cos it's cheaper bah.

when i did my renovation with ho bee (a few months back) there was no restrictions on the type of laminate we can choose

which are the kinds that are above $50psf?

veneer is a totally different material so the price increase can be understood

even buy ready-made furniture, veneer also more expensive than laminate :)

Yeah.. that's what i thought too. normally the quotation has got no limit of material used unless is those special kind one.

My 5ft full height feature wall is $900. Maybe cos it's cheaper bah.

Laminate got many types. Lamitak is the better ones that most IDs used.

Last time i designed a curved feature wall but Ho bee said his laminate cannot bend, nust use verneer and top up $600. My current ID is able to it with Lamitak coz most of them have with blue dots indication that are designed for curved profile.

when i did my renovation with ho bee (a few months back) there was no restrictions on the type of laminate we can choose

which are the kinds that are above $50psf?

veneer is a totally different material so the price increase can be understood

even buy ready-made furniture, veneer also more expensive than laminate :)

how to explain which kind of laminate? but then luckily most laminate is less than $50. only certain kind of laminate then is more than $50. Anyway, now the reno is in progress..

Just find that the electrician is not good. I have nothing to fault Patrick. But the workers seems like bo chap ppl, cos as mentioned, they never flush toilet after use, anyhow throw cigeratte butts in the toilet floor. it's not just 1 or 2. it's a few. The metal gauze in the toilet is torn but Patrick say he will replace it.

Laminate got many types. Lamitak is the better ones that most IDs used.

Last time i designed a curved feature wall but Ho bee said his laminate cannot bend, nust use verneer and top up $600. My current ID is able to it with Lamitak coz most of them have with blue dots indication that are designed for curved profile.

Ho Bee got any brand of veneer. U can just choose and top up the difference. Say if u want Lamitak, u can request then he can purchase it.

How come ur veneer need to top up $600 when u only have 6 ft? mine is 5 ft and need to top up $300 for veneer.