Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

ah keong only show me the lamitak catalogue

coz i remember seeing that the only kind of laminates that are more expensive are those metallic ones :)

he also didn't tell me cannot use, but i look at the price difference (at the back of the catalogue) and i auto 'remove' them from my want list :yamseng:

i have to agree that the electrician is really :) :)

but have to :notti::P to ah keong for his patience of clearing the electrician's s.h.i.t work

three time he gotta change the laminate for my wardrobe coz the electrician just suka suka put the socket

bottom line for me, i can tolerate mistakes if they are rectified pronto

just like what ho bee did :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I remember wat i choose for laminate liao. It's Lam Chuan and Seng Lee. Yeah those metallic one more exp.

Actually my hubby and I speculate that the metal gauze in the toilet is destroyed by the electrician but he kk put the blame on the workers. Ur electrician is it call Ah Meng? Well this is only our speculation so never tell Patrick. we just told him it's spoilt, dunno who do it. then he say he will replace it. One thing good about him is, if it's their fault, he will resolve it. My hubby say, as long as upon delivery, everything is in good order, he will close one eye.

ah keong only show me the lamitak catalogue

coz i remember seeing that the only kind of laminates that are more expensive are those metallic ones :)

he also didn't tell me cannot use, but i look at the price difference (at the back of the catalogue) and i auto 'remove' them from my want list :yamseng:

i have to agree that the electrician is really :) :)

but have to :notti::P to ah keong for his patience of clearing the electrician's s.h.i.t work

three time he gotta change the laminate for my wardrobe coz the electrician just suka suka put the socket

bottom line for me, i can tolerate mistakes if they are rectified pronto

just like what ho bee did :notti:

I think so far Ah Keong very straight to the point. IMO, i think he look cute. haha. dun look like someone who is a carpenter. Anything that is not good, he will come straight to the point and say it's not good.

hahaha next time i see ah keong i shall tell him you say he look cute :notti:

for me as long as the process is smooth (i don't have to take leave to oversee) and handover is done with all defects rectified, i'm a satisfied customer

even their painter uncle also very good

i was at my unit for air-con installation while the painter was painting

after the air-con workers are done, the painter actually go and check the affected areas and told the workers that they need to patch up the chipped areas :yamseng::notti:

did not encounter the electrician coz i spent all my leave on the HDB rectification works :)

but i believe should be the same guy, same as MaCe also :)

Edited by applefreak

hahaha next time i see ah keong i shall tell him you say he look cute :P

for me as long as the process is smooth (i don't have to take leave to oversee) and handover is done with all defects rectified, i'm a satisfied customer

even their painter uncle also very good

i was at my unit for air-con installation while the painter was painting

after the air-con workers are done, the painter actually go and check the affected areas and told the workers that they need to patch up the chipped areas :yamseng::notti:

did not encounter the electrician coz i spent all my leave on the HDB rectification works :)

but i believe should be the same guy, same as MaCe also :)

aiyo.. dun wan lah.. haha my hubby also think he look cute. u still keep in contact with him ah?

i've never seen the painter. he just started the painting i think last friday or today. so far i see his work quite neat. he put all the masking tape on all the places that might leak out the colours when he paint.

so far the carpenter, painter and patrick is :notti:

the electrician and some of the workers need to :):)

Edited by buibui

no lah, just that might add on some carpentry items

if i still can't find my chest of drawers, i'll get ho bee to make one for me

then i'll see ah keong again loh :) :)

the plumber also good, and the tiler also not bad

they actually made a 'cover' for my drainage hole under the sink using the same tile as the sink support :yamseng:

how to explain which kind of laminate? but then luckily most laminate is less than $50. only certain kind of laminate then is more than $50. Anyway, now the reno is in progress..

Just find that the electrician is not good. I have nothing to fault Patrick. But the workers seems like bo chap ppl, cos as mentioned, they never flush toilet after use, anyhow throw cigeratte butts in the toilet floor. it's not just 1 or 2. it's a few. The metal gauze in the toilet is torn but Patrick say he will replace it.

Ho Bee got any brand of veneer. U can just choose and top up the difference. Say if u want Lamitak, u can request then he can purchase it.

How come ur veneer need to top up $600 when u only have 6 ft? mine is 5 ft and need to top up $300 for veneer.

My feature wall designed with curved profile that he said diffcult to make. Need to use verneer coz laminate will break if bend. The feature wall costs me $ 1600. This current ID's capentry can make ~1k, the design I wanted.

I met up with Patrick & Ah Keong last week. Ah Keong passed me his binded laminate catalogue. Can't remember the brand, need to check. It's still in my rm. And best part - we had not confirmed lor, coz we are viewing one more fellow's work. :lol:

I believe i mentioned Apple's name. Muah haha! But Ah Keong really dun look like a carpenter lor. I like the fact that he can do a concrete support plus hide it inside the normal wood cabinet. The other 2 contractors/IDs we met say cannot cannot, where got ppl do concrete support these days, etc... :lol: I'm not tt old lor, and it's my hse, not theirs. Although they say they can still do when i insisted, i have no confidence in them. What if end result cmi??

Mention Apple's name got discount is it? haha. Then i must also mention Apple's name to Ah Keong already. :lol:

He also did mention to us abt the concrete support thing. My ID fren was around and he said can support meh, etc. Then Ah Keong explained to him and showed us a flat that does the concrete thingy. My fren say no need to do such a thing cos need to add $$ n also we not doing undermount sink. but the thing is brilliant. U doing?

Mention Apple's name got discount is it? haha. Then i must also mention Apple's name to Ah Keong already. :sport-smiley-004:

He also did mention to us abt the concrete support thing. My ID fren was around and he said can support meh, etc. Then Ah Keong explained to him and showed us a flat that does the concrete thingy. My fren say no need to do such a thing cos need to add $$ n also we not doing undermount sink. but the thing is brilliant. U doing?

Well... i think i mentioned MaCe also. Hee... *Scrambling away in case MaCe :P me*.

Actually, i'm still figuring the sink mounting thingy; pros n cons. So cant advise. I was thinking of long term, if the sink/piping leaks, am i gonna change all the wooden cabinets? That alone and my hubby said ok. Initially he also thinks no point. But since he is the one gonna fork out the $ if re-do, he decides otherwise.

So when are you starting to renovate?

Mine in progress. Actually say by end of Mar can finish, now say early Apr then can finish. But we dun mind lah as long as they can do a good job. Dun want to rush them. Just hope they use toilet bowl must remember to flush. else wait stain and smell.

I dunno. Had not confirmed with anyone yet as we are meeting up 1 more chap from another company. Anyway, had some fs stuff to settle first.

Good luck for yr reno! :notti:

Any comment about Patrick's tiler? Considering 600 by 600 marble tiles or 900 by 900 marble tiles.

Edited by bobo_girl

Met up wif Patrick a few weeks ago. Very prompt in quotation n we are happy wif his quote too. Except that his painting work is at least a few hundreds more than others. Anybody can shed some light on this? :sport-smiley-004: