Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thanks, what about all the necessary permits for renovation? Hobee will apply right?

With all these ID value-add services that the contractor is not providing, will Hobee's renovation package be cheaper than ID firms like weiken etc?

i am installing window, Patrick has settle our permit for that window.

I dun know abt weiken. but i did a comparison with Rest n Relax, ***** and Intra Design b4. for the almost same thing of work done, the price is cheaper by 4k-6k. But if u compare to other contractor companies like New Ranger, etc, then it is a bit more expensive but HB workmanship is good and quite transparent.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

any idea using 2x13W PC downlight (day) for the living room is adequate to use as our main light?

Any hard and fast rule on this?

I see some reno pic that uses PLC light to light up their house, whereas some use one main light only.

any idea using 2x13W PC downlight (day) for the living room is adequate to use as our main light?

Any hard and fast rule on this?

I see some reno pic that uses PLC light to light up their house, whereas some use one main light only.

downlights covers only a small area dont think 2x is enough.

Hi all.. I am new here. I juz ROM on 15 Mar... I have been trying to get a new flat but my balloting number always suck, and right now resale n condo are too ex and couldn't afford... so me and my wife decided to stay in my current flat which I have been staying alone for many years (flat is under my own n my father's name). And we will revamp the house :)

Anyway, my father spent a lot of money renovating this house (expensive cabinets n floorings but all look "uncle") almost 10 yrs back.. n I will not be removing what he has done last time cos it will break his heart. I asked his permission to do some changes... so I called up a contractor which my friend gave me.. happened to be Ho Bee.. Haa.. I have called Patrick and Ah Keong, will wait for their reply to set a date n come my house for discussion. I told them it will be minimal carpentry work, but they ok to do it 8|

I didn't search for any contractors.. Ho Bee is my first contact I got from my friend and I am happy to find this forum n read so many good comment about them... Can't wait to meet up with Patrick n Ah Keong for discussion.. :dancingqueen:

Ho Bee now must be Sheng Yi Shing Long. suddenly heard so many ppl using their service. :rofl:

Wolverine, Congrats on your ROM and all the best for the meet up with Patrick and Ah Keong. :D

Thanks a lot... I am looking forward to start revamping my house.. just got a simmons mattress, $1519, but I haven't got any frame yet... :)

Ho Bee now must be Sheng Yi Shing Long. suddenly heard so many ppl using their service. :)

Wolverine, Congrats on your ROM and all the best for the meet up with Patrick and Ah Keong. :jammin:

Congrats too :lol: Wanted to get a simmons mattress too. But very expensive. In the end, since all brands give me the same feeling except hard and soft, I bought a max coil. Ever read from an article that if you cannot feel the diff between a $1K mattress and $100 mattress, go for the $100 one :bangwall:

Oh yes, pretty good business with Patrick now. He told me he is renovation 10 units at the moment. Just b4 CNY, he was renovating 20 units :P Biz too good also no good for flat owners like us, cos he will have limited time and attention to provide the best service to you. Sometimes, I realised he did not have time to drop by my flat to see the progress and leave all to his workers to handle.

It was a Saturday afternoon when I was in my flat, his tiler was not told by Patrick about the mounting of my kitchen sink and started to apply cement under the sink. I told him I wanted to overmount the sink and asked if that was the way to do it. He stopped and rang Patrick to clarify. Well, if I was not there, Patrick would probably have to buy me a new sink cos the current one cannot use leow :unsure:

Even Patrick is a very nice guy, but as his biz is so good, he might forget to pass down instructions to his workers on what you want. You probably have to help him to supervise the work, just to make sure everything is going smoothly. Now, his tiler is so scared of me that he quickly leaves my flat at end of the day, just before I finish work & drop by my flat to check on the progress :bangwall:

I also enage Ho Be. Will strating work this coming Monday. I got to consistently remind him on my reno requirement cos' he sometime don't jot down things and will forget.

Congrats too :jawdrop: Wanted to get a simmons mattress too. But very expensive. In the end, since all brands give me the same feeling except hard and soft, I bought a max coil. Ever read from an article that if you cannot feel the diff between a $1K mattress and $100 mattress, go for the $100 one :lol:

Oh yes, pretty good business with Patrick now. He told me he is renovation 10 units at the moment. Just b4 CNY, he was renovating 20 units :deal: Biz too good also no good for flat owners like us, cos he will have limited time and attention to provide the best service to you. Sometimes, I realised he did not have time to drop by my flat to see the progress and leave all to his workers to handle.

It was a Saturday afternoon when I was in my flat, his tiler was not told by Patrick about the mounting of my kitchen sink and started to apply cement under the sink. I told him I wanted to overmount the sink and asked if that was the way to do it. He stopped and rang Patrick to clarify. Well, if I was not there, Patrick would probably have to buy me a new sink cos the current one cannot use leow !!

Even Patrick is a very nice guy, but as his biz is so good, he might forget to pass down instructions to his workers on what you want. You probably have to help him to supervise the work, just to make sure everything is going smoothly. Now, his tiler is so scared of me that he quickly leaves my flat at end of the day, just before I finish work & drop by my flat to check on the progress :bleah:

I also enage Ho Be. Will strating work this coming Monday. I got to consistently remind him on my reno requirement cos' he sometime don't jot down things and will forget.

That is the problem. U have to be very free in order to supervise for him.

Pay $$ and yet have to supervise for him, not for me. If do minor reno still ok, for the whole house better leave to ID. Find him no design taste.

Managed to get the number from earlier pages. I have some questions:

As contractor, I suppose Hobee will not provide any 3D drawings (or sketches) and we need to tell him what we want exactly for the wardrobe, bookselves, feature wall etc?

Also Hobee will not go with us to choose tiles, lightings etc, all matchings and designs are to be decided by ourselves only?

Thanks.

no pretty 3D drawings - but ah keong will draw something that will look exactly as the real product.

btw, ah keong is one of the reputated carpenters in sg.

if you need a consultant to follow you around buying products - you pay for the premium. nothing is free.

Congrats too :notti: Wanted to get a simmons mattress too. But very expensive. In the end, since all brands give me the same feeling except hard and soft, I bought a max coil. Ever read from an article that if you cannot feel the diff between a $1K mattress and $100 mattress, go for the $100 one :)

Oh yes, pretty good business with Patrick now. He told me he is renovation 10 units at the moment. Just b4 CNY, he was renovating 20 units :P Biz too good also no good for flat owners like us, cos he will have limited time and attention to provide the best service to you. Sometimes, I realised he did not have time to drop by my flat to see the progress and leave all to his workers to handle.

It was a Saturday afternoon when I was in my flat, his tiler was not told by Patrick about the mounting of my kitchen sink and started to apply cement under the sink. I told him I wanted to overmount the sink and asked if that was the way to do it. He stopped and rang Patrick to clarify. Well, if I was not there, Patrick would probably have to buy me a new sink cos the current one cannot use leow :curse:

Even Patrick is a very nice guy, but as his biz is so good, he might forget to pass down instructions to his workers on what you want. You probably have to help him to supervise the work, just to make sure everything is going smoothly. Now, his tiler is so scared of me that he quickly leaves my flat at end of the day, just before I finish work & drop by my flat to check on the progress :notti:

Unlike other ID/contractors patrick's team of tilers/electricians/painters/carpenters either been working with him for DONKEY YEARs or blood related. He doesnt have to monitor them CLOSELY like what others have to.

As for mistakes - have no worries, he will rectify them for free and wont play punks like trying to persuade you to accept the mistake.

do ignore some of the idiotic posts in here - a adolescent kid who has some tiny misunderstanding with hobee keeps badmouthing hobee instead of moving on with his/her life.

i engage Ho Bee means I have trust in Patrick. No sweat here. :help:

He's friendly and responsive, sometime contractor and customer must be friend friend abit lah... then easier to talk. :~

You know what is relationship or not?

Edited by flyersummer

no pretty 3D drawings - but ah keong will draw something that will look exactly as the real product.

btw, ah keong is one of the reputated carpenters in sg.

if you need a consultant to follow you around buying products - you pay for the premium. nothing is free.

Unlike other ID/contractors patrick's team of tilers/electricians/painters/carpenters either been working with him for DONKEY YEARs or blood related. He doesnt have to monitor them CLOSELY like what others have to.

As for mistakes - have no worries, he will rectify them for free and wont play punks like trying to persuade you to accept the mistake.

do ignore some of the idiotic posts in here - a adolescent kid who has some tiny misunderstanding with hobee keeps badmouthing hobee instead of moving on with his/her life.

I agree with the no pretty 3D drawings comment.. However the drawings produced by Ah Keong is quite good that even without 3D drawings, I can still imagine how my wardrobes and kitchen cabinet is going be like.

As for the badmouthing, that kid should move on with his life...