Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi starblume

I bought a resale condo and am looking for either an ID firm or contractor to hack and re-do the whole house except for the bedrooms' parquet flr.

I have seen one of the flat done by Ho Bee. Workmanship is quite good. I am thinking of approaching A&D Interior, Summit Design Studio, Impress 21 and Ho Bee for quotation. Did you get quotation frm any ID firm? If you have, is the price alot more than from contractor? Can you share your quotation from Ho Bee with me?

I am interested too. Can someone share Ho Bee's quote with me?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hehe, glad that everything went so smoothly :)

My husband and I also experienced his "speed" when he was renovating our house...hacking also finished within 1 - 2 days...then tiling also done very fast haha...but the quality of workmanship remains high :)

Do create a t-blog and showcase the process of your reno! I, for one, is very interested to see! :P

Hi worldangel

I am undecided to whether to use an ID or contractor to do up my house. From what i gather from this forum, contractor and ID price is about the same. Is it possible to share your quotaion from Ho Bee with me so that i can have an ideal. Tks

Hi worldangel

I am undecided to whether to use an ID or contractor to do up my house. From what i gather from this forum, contractor and ID price is about the same. Is it possible to share your quotaion from Ho Bee with me so that i can have an ideal. Tks

Hi perfecthouse,

Actually price between contractor and ID is definitely not the same! An ID can easily charge you 5 to 10k more as compared to what a contractor might charge you for your renovation...simply because an ID will help you plan your layout, help you design your house, give you advice on colour scheme, manage the arrival of the items you have ordered, come out with 3D drawings...so if you decide to hire a contractor, you have to do all the above on your own (and Ho Bee is a contractor..)

Do PM me your email address so I can send the quote for your reference :)

Hi Guys, is there anyone currently using Ho Bee for renovation works in this thread?

Before I confirm my reno-works with them, I need assurance from anyone of you who is using them and your renovation is still ongoing.

Progress updates and pics will really helps alot.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

SU

Hi Guys, is there anyone currently using Ho Bee for renovation works in this thread?

Before I confirm my reno-works with them, I need assurance from anyone of you who is using them and your renovation is still ongoing.

Progress updates and pics will really helps alot.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

SU

I think starblume is currently engaging them.

Ho Bee renovated my house around 4 months ago, so if you like, you can visit my T-Blog (link is in my signature) and take a look at their workmanship...

Hi all,

Sorry have been mia lately... renov is really taking up alot of time! And on top of that I have been scouting for materials for home such as taps, sinks, cabinets etc...

Those who want quotation, pm me ur email please, I will email u the quotation. I CANNOT POST quotation here la...not nice ;)

So far Patrick has been really prompt still with everything, the only problem I am facing is my air con, which has drainage problems and the piping seems to be screwed up. So Patrick has been rushing me to get my air con done (he does not do air con) so that he can start tiling and doing other stuff. He did rec a guy for air con but the price was a bit high, so I went to do my research on this forum and went to Gain City(Marina) and turns out price was cheaper by approx. S$400 :o

Problem with Gain City - their schedule is super packed. Installation is next available in 3 weeks time which I cannot wait but the guy who did site inspection today promised me he will try his best to fit me into Monday to do the piping so at least my tiling can continue. Keeping fingers crossed.

So ONE BIG Tip folks, especially if u are a newbie like me for renov - GET your aircon quotation FIRST & liase with ur contractor, make sure they both understand each other and work together. Without air con piping up, u cannot do any of your toilet tiling or kitchen tiling (esp. if your air con unit is linked to Kitchen like those in condos) :bangwall:

Also, another thing, get your contractor to tell u exactly what needs to come in first, second and so on... Patrick was patient enough with me to keep reminding me ".... please lar, ur aircon must come in can? Otherwise I cannot do tiling u know..." LOL

Hi starblume

I bought a resale condo and am looking for either an ID firm or contractor to hack and re-do the whole house except for the bedrooms' parquet flr.

I have seen one of the flat done by Ho Bee. Workmanship is quite good. I am thinking of approaching A&D Interior, Summit Design Studio, Impress 21 and Ho Bee for quotation. Did you get quotation frm any ID firm? If you have, is the price alot more than from contractor? Can you share your quotation from Ho Bee with me?

Hi Perfecthouse,

I got another quote from an ID recommended by my current neighbour, says the ID is her friend. The quotation turned out slightly cheaper than Ho Bee's, approx. $1-1.5k cheaper only. BUT I decided to go with Patrick because he was more on-the-ball; honest; flexible ; and he understood what I wanted. I didnt really approach IDs because I had a tight budget and I roughly know what designs I wanted. For Patrick right, u need to show him pictures or sketch for him if u want a design...otherwise it is gonna be simple basic reno ok?

The other ID was not as professional, kept forgetting to include this and that in the quotation, and even a newbie like me could pick those "mistakes" out, so it must mean either I'm really observant or she is really forgetful / pulling a fast one. Do go through everything in detail in ur quotation!

If budget is not a problem but timing is, I def suggest an ID. However be prepared to pay more because ID's will charge for services rendered. So it really depends on what you want actually.

PM me ur email for quotation :)

Hi all,

Sorry have been mia lately... renov is really taking up alot of time! And on top of that I have been scouting for materials for home such as taps, sinks, cabinets etc...

Those who want quotation, pm me ur email please, I will email u the quotation. I CANNOT POST quotation here la...not nice ;)

So far Patrick has been really prompt still with everything, the only problem I am facing is my air con, which has drainage problems and the piping seems to be screwed up. So Patrick has been rushing me to get my air con done (he does not do air con) so that he can start tiling and doing other stuff. He did rec a guy for air con but the price was a bit high, so I went to do my research on this forum and went to Gain City(Marina) and turns out price was cheaper by approx. S$400 :o

Problem with Gain City - their schedule is super packed. Installation is next available in 3 weeks time which I cannot wait but the guy who did site inspection today promised me he will try his best to fit me into Monday to do the piping so at least my tiling can continue. Keeping fingers crossed.

So ONE BIG Tip folks, especially if u are a newbie like me for renov - GET your aircon quotation FIRST & liase with ur contractor, make sure they both understand each other and work together. Without air con piping up, u cannot do any of your toilet tiling or kitchen tiling (esp. if your air con unit is linked to Kitchen like those in condos) :bangwall:

Also, another thing, get your contractor to tell u exactly what needs to come in first, second and so on... Patrick was patient enough with me to keep reminding me ".... please lar, ur aircon must come in can? Otherwise I cannot do tiling u know..." LOL

Oh yea, forgot to mention about that lolz...we also have to chase the air-cond man to do everything fast for us so that Patrick can continue on with his work. We also got our air cond unit from Gain City (Woodlands branch).

Besides that, also make sure you get your tiles, bathroom accessories (toilet bowls, basins etc) ready so that all the renovation works can proceed smoothly and according to the schedule :)

Oh yea, forgot to mention about that lolz...we also have to chase the air-cond man to do everything fast for us so that Patrick can continue on with his work. We also got our air cond unit from Gain City (Woodlands branch).

Besides that, also make sure you get your tiles, bathroom accessories (toilet bowls, basins etc) ready so that all the renovation works can proceed smoothly and according to the schedule :)

Yup agree with worldangel, it's very important to do all your research (like prices, model number, order from where) prior to agreeing to quotation. It will really save u alot of time & stress! Regret not doing that earlier, now pulling hair out and rushing about to get all the materials... :sport-smiley-003:

Btw, there is a 20% discount at Nan Wah (Jalan Besar) if you are looking for basins, WC and lightings. Not sure if the one at Changi South have, but was told personally by the guy in the store (Jeffrey) that it started today(19/03) and lasts for one week. Hope this helps :)

Hi Perfecthouse,

I got another quote from an ID recommended by my current neighbour, says the ID is her friend. The quotation turned out slightly cheaper than Ho Bee's, approx. $1-1.5k cheaper only. BUT I decided to go with Patrick because he was more on-the-ball; honest; flexible ; and he understood what I wanted. I didnt really approach IDs because I had a tight budget and I roughly know what designs I wanted. For Patrick right, u need to show him pictures or sketch for him if u want a design...otherwise it is gonna be simple basic reno ok?

The other ID was not as professional, kept forgetting to include this and that in the quotation, and even a newbie like me could pick those "mistakes" out, so it must mean either I'm really observant or she is really forgetful / pulling a fast one. Do go through everything in detail in ur quotation!

If budget is not a problem but timing is, I def suggest an ID. However be prepared to pay more because ID's will charge for services rendered. So it really depends on what you want actually.

PM me ur email for quotation :)

Hey Perfecthouse,

Sent you quotation liao... Good luck with ur reno! :D

Hey Perfecthouse,

Sent you quotation liao... Good luck with ur reno! :D

Hi StarBlume,

I am in the process of finding an ID or Contractor for my new place. Would you be kind enough to email me Ho Bee's quotation?

Thanks!

Hey everybody!

Here's another update on my reno progress, today I went to order the following items -

Nam Wah:

WC x 2 (Cotto)

basins x 2

towel rack x 2

towel ring x 1

mirror x 1

lighting x 1

Total = S$95X (including GST) less 20% warehouse discount

Gain City:

Mitsubishi System 2 non inverter (total 4 units)

Total = S$42XX including GST & installation charges

Poh Joo:

basin taps x 2

bath tub x 1

rain shower x 1

normal shower spray x 1

shower mixer x 1

storage heater x 1 (15 gallon)

toilet roll holder x 2

glass shelf for toiletries x 1

corner rack for toiletries x 2

hand sprays x 2

moveable shower holder x 1

bath mixer x 1

Total = S$19XX

At Poh Joo, the lady who helped me was really professional and non pushy, name was Emeline. Service was excellent and although there wasn't much discount, we walked away feeling like royalty haha

And also, I mentioned previously I had problems with my air con, turns out today I got a call from Gain City to confirm that I got a slot for plumbing and installation this Monday!! Omg... :dribble: Now I can finally sleep this weekend knowing my renovation can finally progress smoothly... Not sure whether they were bullsh!t-ing about the packed schedule but nevertheless happy la, so I'm not complaining ok? :P

Hope the numbers help you all to gauge roughly how much u will need to set aside for the items! Will update again on Monday when my air con guy and contractor meet :) Oh, Patrick was sooo nice lar, I told him Monday air con guy going down to install, and he immediately say he'll be there also. But the original plan was that on Tuesday I'm meeting him cos my other items like WC and bathtub are arriving, then he also say he will be there :good:

Today has been a good day :D

Hi StarBlume,

I am in the process of finding an ID or Contractor for my new place. Would you be kind enough to email me Ho Bee's quotation?

Thanks!

Sure, kindly pm me ur email please :)

Hi Starblume

Tks for the quotation. Is it cheaper to buy aircon frm aircon retailers than asking the contractor to buy? If the contractor can supply then we need not make sure the aircon arrive on time or chase after the aircon man so as not the hold up the reno. If the aircon pipes are run by the aircon man, will there be conflcts with the contractor? Is the contractor suppose to tell the aircon man how to run the pipes or the contractor will wait and see how the pipes are run before he start on his tiling? Mine is an old condo where the aircon are at odd location so i need to relocate all the aircons. I wonder if there will be a problem as all pipings need to be re-run.

Perfecthouse

Hey everybody!

Here's another update on my reno progress, today I went to order the following items -

Nam Wah:

WC x 2 (Cotto)

basins x 2

towel rack x 2

towel ring x 1

mirror x 1

lighting x 1

Total = S$95X (including GST) less 20% warehouse discount

Gain City:

Mitsubishi System 2 non inverter (total 4 units)

Total = S$42XX including GST & installation charges

Poh Joo:

basin taps x 2

bath tub x 1

rain shower x 1

normal shower spray x 1

shower mixer x 1

storage heater x 1 (15 gallon)

toilet roll holder x 2

glass shelf for toiletries x 1

corner rack for toiletries x 2

hand sprays x 2

moveable shower holder x 1

bath mixer x 1

Total = S$19XX

At Poh Joo, the lady who helped me was really professional and non pushy, name was Emeline. Service was excellent and although there wasn't much discount, we walked away feeling like royalty haha

And also, I mentioned previously I had problems with my air con, turns out today I got a call from Gain City to confirm that I got a slot for plumbing and installation this Monday!! Omg... :dribble: Now I can finally sleep this weekend knowing my renovation can finally progress smoothly... Not sure whether they were bullsh!t-ing about the packed schedule but nevertheless happy la, so I'm not complaining ok? :P

Hope the numbers help you all to gauge roughly how much u will need to set aside for the items! Will update again on Monday when my air con guy and contractor meet :) Oh, Patrick was sooo nice lar, I told him Monday air con guy going down to install, and he immediately say he'll be there also. But the original plan was that on Tuesday I'm meeting him cos my other items like WC and bathtub are arriving, then he also say he will be there :good:

Today has been a good day :D

Hi Starblume

Tks for the quotation. Is it cheaper to buy aircon frm aircon retailers than asking the contractor to buy? If the contractor can supply then we need not make sure the aircon arrive on time or chase after the aircon man so as not the hold up the reno. If the aircon pipes are run by the aircon man, will there be conflcts with the contractor? Is the contractor suppose to tell the aircon man how to run the pipes or the contractor will wait and see how the pipes are run before he start on his tiling? Mine is an old condo where the aircon are at odd location so i need to relocate all the aircons. I wonder if there will be a problem as all pipings need to be re-run.

Perfecthouse

Hey Perfecthouse,

You're welcome, hope it helps :)

On my part, it was cheaper to get from the retailers then getting contractor to buy. Simply because firstly Patrick does not do aircon, so u need to make sure ur contractor does that service. 2ndly, although Patrick did help me to get a quote from his friend, it was more expensive than what I was quoted from Gain City. Definitely if u get ur contractor to do aircon for u, u will have lesser headache, but like in my case, I arranged for contractor and aircon guy to meet on same day to discuss with each other what they have to do. So this way there will be consistency in information updates la.

The aircon man is supposed to know how to run the pipes, but again mine starts tmr only so I cant say much now, can update u tmr... tiling can only commence after u sort out ur air con. I'm also changing the pipes because the previous air con has problems... but I'm not changing the location of the aircons, just the pipe and fan coils.

Best advice is to do ur research on the type of air con u need, u can get a free site inspection from Gain city and see what the guy says. Like for my place it's system 2 with 2 compressors. Yours may be different. After u know this, u can compare prices already and decide which is the cheapest and more comfortable way u prefer ba... But all my friends tell me same thing - GET your aircon guy & contractor in same room to talk. Because if contractor waterproof ur floor then air con guy come and hack floor for the pipes, u will end up paying extra. Plus ur contractor will be upset also lol

Good luck! :good: