Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I just went to Gain City and Courts, they said they don't relocate the pipings for condo because hacking of wall involved. They said i must ask the contractor to hack the wall then they go and lay the pipes and later come back to fix the blowers. So now if i engage an ID or contractor , the fellow must know how to do the hacking for the pipes. Headaches!

Perfecthouse

Hey Perfecthouse,

You're welcome, hope it helps :)

On my part, it was cheaper to get from the retailers then getting contractor to buy. Simply because firstly Patrick does not do aircon, so u need to make sure ur contractor does that service. 2ndly, although Patrick did help me to get a quote from his friend, it was more expensive than what I was quoted from Gain City. Definitely if u get ur contractor to do aircon for u, u will have lesser headache, but like in my case, I arranged for contractor and aircon guy to meet on same day to discuss with each other what they have to do. So this way there will be consistency in information updates la.

The aircon man is supposed to know how to run the pipes, but again mine starts tmr only so I cant say much now, can update u tmr... tiling can only commence after u sort out ur air con. I'm also changing the pipes because the previous air con has problems... but I'm not changing the location of the aircons, just the pipe and fan coils.

Best advice is to do ur research on the type of air con u need, u can get a free site inspection from Gain city and see what the guy says. Like for my place it's system 2 with 2 compressors. Yours may be different. After u know this, u can compare prices already and decide which is the cheapest and more comfortable way u prefer ba... But all my friends tell me same thing - GET your aircon guy & contractor in same room to talk. Because if contractor waterproof ur floor then air con guy come and hack floor for the pipes, u will end up paying extra. Plus ur contractor will be upset also lol

Good luck! :good:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I just went to Gain City and Courts, they said they don't relocate the pipings for condo because hacking of wall involved. They said i must ask the contractor to hack the wall then they go and lay the pipes and later come back to fix the blowers. So now if i engage an ID or contractor , the fellow must know how to do the hacking for the pipes. Headaches!

Perfecthouse

ok I see... My place has been hacked already because renovation started on the 12th I believe... The contractor by default should know how to hack la, this is something I felt I had to trust my contractor with since I wont know how hacking should be done right? But Patrick definitely seems to know what's going on at my place because my air con at first look he saw say immediately got problem, it was THAT obvious lol

No headache, u just have to decide whether u want contractor or ID...

Btw, started a blog (Starblume) describing all my pains and experiences. Go take a look, maybe it'll provide some insights ;)

ok I see... My place has been hacked already because renovation started on the 12th I believe... The contractor by default should know how to hack la, this is something I felt I had to trust my contractor with since I wont know how hacking should be done right? But Patrick definitely seems to know what's going on at my place because my air con at first look he saw say immediately got problem, it was THAT obvious lol

No headache, u just have to decide whether u want contractor or ID...

Btw, started a blog (Starblume) describing all my pains and experiences. Go take a look, maybe it'll provide some insights ;)

Since your place is a condo, i presume the pipes are concealed. So you need to hack the wall to change the pipes right? Did Patrick hack the wall and the aircon man just come and lay the pipes and then Patrick patch back the wall?

Edited by perfecthouse

Since your place is a condo, i presume the pipes are concealed. So you need to hack the wall to change the pipes right? Did Patrick hack the wall and the aircon man just come and lay the pipes and then Patrick patch back the wall?

Yes the pipes are concealed. Patrick hacked the wall prior to the air con guy coming today. Then I believe Patrick patch back the wall but I was not on site when that happened. When I was there, the air con guys came and Patrick was there as well, he went to ask the air con guys how they plan to run the pipes and worked on the same page with them :)

After this there will be a false ceiling built to conceal the piping again... So it wont be so ugly ;)

Update on renovation with Patrick (Ho Bee):

- air con pipes done up for entire house

- all tiles have arrived (kitchen floor & bath room wall + floor tiles)

- removal of master room built-in wardrobe

- removal of all the lighting in the house

- skirting all removed in living room

Tmr Patrick has informed me tiling commences.

Yes the pipes are concealed. Patrick hacked the wall prior to the air con guy coming today. Then I believe Patrick patch back the wall but I was not on site when that happened. When I was there, the air con guys came and Patrick was there as well, he went to ask the air con guys how they plan to run the pipes and worked on the same page with them :)

After this there will be a false ceiling built to conceal the piping again... So it wont be so ugly ;)

Update on renovation with Patrick (Ho Bee):

- air con pipes done up for entire house

- all tiles have arrived (kitchen floor & bath room wall + floor tiles)

- removal of master room built-in wardrobe

- removal of all the lighting in the house

- skirting all removed in living room

Tmr Patrick has informed me tiling commences.

Hi starblume,

Couldnt find your T blog. Please advise.

Thanks.

Here u go...I'm still working on it...haven't quite figure out how the t-blog works hahaa pls be patient with me, i'm not that great with IT lol

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...;showentry=5485

Actually it's easier if you create your blog here...this is where you can find all the t-blogs...then the readers can go into the thread and leave feedback/comment too :)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showforum=50

Do PM me your email address so that I can email it to you :)

hi.. hi.. i read through this thread and i will be getting a quotation fr mr patrick .. he will be coming to my flat on thursday .. may i have a copy of ur quoatation ? thank you.. :)

haiz, actually i got quote fr one contractor and 2 ID , for 4 rm flat .. vy exp and way above my budget :bangwall: .. Excited for this thursday..

wanna start my t -blg lei, wil do when weekend.. hee..

hi.. hi.. i read through this thread and i will be getting a quotation fr mr patrick .. he will be coming to my flat on thursday .. may i have a copy of ur quoatation ? thank you.. :)

haiz, actually i got quote fr one contractor and 2 ID , for 4 rm flat .. vy exp and way above my budget :bangwall: .. Excited for this thursday..

Good luck with Patrick! Excited for you also... :) Just saw him today and yesterday lol

What's ur budget? Simple reno only right? :)

Yea, would need your email add...you can PM me that :)

Good luck with Patrick! Excited for you also... :) Just saw him today and yesterday lol

What's ur budget? Simple reno only right? :)

Simple .. hee i suppose.. later i will go and see him, ..will update soon..