Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Wow! What can I say? Solid! Which one is your carpenter? I think there are 2 designers? Mine is a bit plump one...Lol! Forget to ask him name.

i will always ask their name, dun call people... the plump one!!!! LOL! i guess probably long-ge... the one who talks softly and doesnt talk much. so funny, there's this little corner on the study desk covered, so i asked him, long ge, why din do door for me? he said, the space so small... i said: but i can put 10 packs of tissue paper!! (i turned my head behind and laugh) :D he took it so seriously and showed me a very difficult face!! wahahahaha! very sure he very scared of me... cos i rejected kitchen drawers where a lot of space was wasted, my super tiny kitchen already no space for plates & pots le... :~ actually, he made my utensil drawers too tall (i could stack 2 trays in a drawer), took up the space that i wanted to put my plates... but i din tell him this, cos if i reject, the whole 4ft cabinet got to redo, and he did a really nice glossy microwave cabinet... so dun add misery to his life further...

but these few days, there's another carpenter at my place, also plump plump one, call... xiao-long... then there's a young guy whom everyone calls him xiao-di, they are nice and helpful!! so helpful that they stayed till late and patrick text me to release them as he has no money to pay ransom!!! :lol:

they are nice people!! :) but am very sure if long ge sees me again, he will faint! cos i'm super fussy!

honestly, am very appreciative about the study desk, cos some contractors told me, cannot la! how to do!!... neh... see see see.. who says cannot do? ho bee can do!!

and then i'm going to put frames on the walls, arrange in tis manner, overlap!! xiao-long says, wa! yi-shu (arts) ah, i can do for you! dun worry! :rolleyes: what else can i say? :lol: i have not got a 'NO' so far from ho bee... only the 10 packets tissue paper compartment!! :lol:

picture26i.th.png

Edited by vermilion

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i will always ask their name, dun call people... the plump one!!!! LOL! i guess probably long-ge... the one who talks softly and doesnt talk much. so funny, there's this little corner on the study desk covered, so i asked him, long ge, why din do door for me? he said, the space so small... i said: but i can put 10 packs of tissue paper!! (i turned my head behind and laugh) :D he took it so seriously and showed me a very difficult face!! wahahahaha! very sure he very scared of me... cos i rejected kitchen drawers where a lot of space was wasted, my super tiny kitchen already no space for plates & pots le... :~ actually, he made my utensil drawers too tall (i could stack 2 trays in a drawer), took up the space that i wanted to put my plates... but i din tell him this, cos if i reject, the whole 4ft cabinet got to redo, and he did a really nice glossy microwave cabinet... so dun add misery to his life further...

but these few days, there's another carpenter at my place, also plump plump one, call... xiao-long... then there's a young guy whom everyone calls him xiao-di, they are nice and helpful!! so helpful that they stayed till late and patrick text me to release them as he has no money to pay ransom!!! :lol:

they are nice people!! :) but am very sure if long ge sees me again, he will faint! cos i'm super fussy!

honestly, am very appreciative about the study desk, cos some contractors told me, cannot la! how to do!!... neh... see see see.. who says cannot do? ho bee can do!!

and then i'm going to put frames on the walls, arrange in tis manner, overlap!! xiao-long says, wa! yi-shu (arts) ah, i can do for you! dun worry! :rolleyes: what else can i say? :lol: i have not got a 'NO' so far from ho bee... only the 10 packets tissue paper compartment!! :lol:

picture26i.th.png

LOL! :D I never call him plump plump one lah..I always address them as Master "Shi Fu" or Mr "Xian Sheng". Haha! I never ask for their name actually because I am rarely at home when they work. I ask my mother to help liase with them during the weekday and my mum usually call them either "Shi fu" or "Xiao Di" if they look very young...Haha!

My mum say they are pretty good lah but she ask them to go home at 6pm as she dont want them to work too late..Haha! Wa lau! No wonder I tell mother my project drag so long... :P

Anyway, I am ok as long as they do nice nice. I dont believe in doing OT also because I feel productivity drop and also more prone to mistakes. Usually unless very very urgent, I wont ask for OT. I rarely even call Patrick lately as I try not to disturb him. Usually I try to email Mrs Quek if my things are not urgent.

picture26i.th.png

Haha same for my case, he also never said no to me...my husband also very fussy one as he is also in the design field...got a few things also asked them to rectify but they never showed black face even once...

Haha same for my case, he also never said no to me...my husband also very fussy one as he is also in the design field...got a few things also asked them to rectify but they never showed black face even once...

Are you going to have photographs inside the frame? Look very nice! Great arrangement! Haha!

wa lao!! you know my work start end may or not (but my aircon installation is on 9 june)... my tiling is only 8ft x 5ft only!!! and is cement screed (cos i do laminate flooring), and i know patrick got few projects handover this week, i told him to finish you all one first ah! thank me!!!! (ok la, i know i'm troublesome!)

for mine, can still continue in jul as long as dun dirty my house and furniture (most probably will push my furniture delivery), cos jul i have no maid to help me le... but i die die must move in 30th june cos my present house is tenanted, if not i gonna move and stay with patrick liao!! not a lot of things i have... besides chairs, lamps, piano, ottoman etc, i only have 35 boxes nia...

i also never ask them do OT, infact i asked them how come they dun go home that day! but i know they have been working till very late last week as rushing for completion lor... i also try not to call patrick unless its urgent/defects which i wanna tell him before workers go further and then later redo will delay my completion, but am a night owl, so i usually send him emails, sometimes, cruel enough to text him but i really dun expect a reply, as long as he gets the message will do.

the frames got no picture, its only visual decoration, i have gold, black and white frames!

yup, they try to fulfill our requests one... and i'm really very pleased with my house reno till now. and i did a mistake by asking them to do shelve above my study desk la :~ , mounted too high and kinda unmatch!! should not have done it :bangwall:

and i wanna 8| the carpenter liao, told them not to remove the protective layer (though they said so that they can wipe for me, but i rather wipe myself than to have it scratched!), they removed again for my newly installed wardrobe drawers, and i dropped my vacuum cleaner and hit on 1 of the drawers! :o scratch liao la~~ :~ stupid me, so angry with myself :~ and thereafter i get the maid to wrap up all the drawers. as tomorrow is floor lamination, if the workers scratch, i will go crazy!!

Edited by vermilion

wa lao!! you know my work start end may or not (but my aircon installation is on 9 june)... my tiling is only 8ft x 5ft only!!! and is cement screed (cos i do laminate flooring), and i know patrick got few projects handover this week, i told him to finish you all one first ah! thank me!!!! (ok la, i know i'm troublesome!)

for mine, can still continue in jul as long as dun dirty my house and furniture (most probably will push my furniture delivery), cos jul i have no maid to help me le... but i die die must move in 30th june cos my present house is tenanted, if not i gonna move and stay with patrick liao!! not a lot of things i have... besides chairs, lamps, piano, ottoman etc, i only have 35 boxes nia...

i also never ask them do OT, infact i asked them how come they dun go home that day! but i know they have been working till very late last week as rushing for completion lor... i also try not to call patrick unless its urgent/defects which i wanna tell him before workers go further and then later redo will delay my completion, but am a night owl, so i usually send him emails, sometimes, cruel enough to text him but i really dun expect a reply, as long as he gets the message will do.

the frames got no picture, its only visual decoration, i have gold, black and white frames!

yup, they try to fulfill our requests one... and i'm really very pleased with my house reno till now. and i did a mistake by asking them to do shelve above my study desk la :~ , mounted too high and kinda unmatch!! should not have done it :bangwall:

and i wanna 8| the carpenter liao, told them not to remove the protective layer (though they said so that they can wipe for me, but i rather wipe myself than to have it scratched!), they removed again for my newly installed wardrobe drawers, and i dropped my vacuum cleaner and hit on 1 of the drawers! :o scratch liao la~~ :~ stupid me, so angry with myself :~ and thereafter i get the maid to wrap up all the drawers. as tomorrow is floor lamination, if the workers scratch, i will go crazy!!

they are at my place today to do the carpentry. Hehe! Sometimes even need to ask Patrick to come collect cheque else maybe he finish reno, I run without paying him. Haha!

I realize Patrick didn't laminate the internal removeable shelving in the cabinet. Ie, those expose side is laminated while those facing on to wall is not. Is it the norm practises?

they are at my place today to do the carpentry. Hehe! Sometimes even need to ask Patrick to come collect cheque else maybe he finish reno, I run without paying him. Haha!

I realize Patrick didn't laminate the internal removeable shelving in the cabinet. Ie, those expose side is laminated while those facing on to wall is not. Is it the norm practises?

ya, he also din collect fr me, nothing yet!!! Told him I confirm running away le cos changing lock on tues!!!

Yes, it's norm, only exposed area got laminate... Ya hoh, y my study desk exposed parts some glossy some Matt... Must ask them le...

ya, he also din collect fr me, nothing yet!!! Told him I confirm running away le cos changing lock on tues!!!

Yes, it's norm, only exposed area got laminate... Ya hoh, y my study desk exposed parts some glossy some Matt... Must ask them le...

Ok, let's run away and change HP number. Haha! Just kidding

Ok, let's run away and change HP number. Haha! Just kidding

he can still ask long ge, xiao long and xiao di they all to wait for us, even he can sit downstairs wait for us... we should quickly sell the house and change tel no...

he can still ask long ge, xiao long and xiao di they all to wait for us, even he can sit downstairs wait for us... we should quickly sell the house and change tel no...

fast and furious. Yesterday saw them finishing up my kitchen, tv console and shoe cabinet liao. They must be rushing like mad. Haha! I wanted to ask them don't do so fast bcos now world cup season. Haha!

Dunno they watching world cup or not, later work till very sleepy like me in office. My wife got super eagle eyes and despite I am doing design, I let my wife inspect the defects because the way she check, all renovation company guarantee close down. Haha!

Anyway, I ask her to discuss with long ge directly and see whether he faint or not. Haha!

fast and furious. Yesterday saw them finishing up my kitchen, tv console and shoe cabinet liao. They must be rushing like mad. Haha! I wanted to ask them don't do so fast bcos now world cup season. Haha!

Dunno they watching world cup or not, later work till very sleepy like me in office. My wife got super eagle eyes and despite I am doing design, I let my wife inspect the defects because the way she check, all renovation company guarantee close down. Haha!

Anyway, I ask her to discuss with long ge directly and see whether he faint or not. Haha!

anyone ask them to do tv console with feature wall?

I think im the rare unlucky ones who got very bad experience from hobee :-( ...i do not want to talk about my incident just yet...just full with frustration and anger..

hi mei ling, i use patrick from ho bee, his mobile is 96792934, or you can contact his wife at 97736584, patrick is super busy one... so sometimes i talk to his wife.

Hi Vermilion,

Thank you! :)

I think im the rare unlucky ones who got very bad experience from hobee :-( ...i do not want to talk about my incident just yet...just full with frustration and anger..

no contactor is perfect, bcos a lot of things are beyond their control. Accidents do happen n everyone makes mistake. As long as it's solved swiftly, problems = no problem :) it's just how you look at things... I won say hobee is perfect, can't be anyway... but I would he is reliable n u need not worry, problems will be solved :) I just moved in my new place today! Very pleased.