Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Mace... =)

Together with FSM if i'm getting one to look over?

yupz.

Btw, was wondering if Patrick whd mind if we happen to outsource certain part like windows to another party... Any idea? Was afraid he might mind even though i know we can do so...

he dont mind...but best is to let him do it. less trouble less co-ordination.

my grilles and windows done by patrick...no headaches.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
yupz.

he dont mind...but best is to let him do it. less trouble less co-ordination.

my grilles and windows done by patrick...no headaches.

I had gotten a quote from him y'day, quite fast... err.... 4 hrs? i called @ abt 4pm+, got it in my email @ 8+. Mine will start after cny (for those who were wondering how come so fast). But like you guys mentioned, it was the 1st quotation, so (to me) quite high. But then, i had included my wish list items, which i can take out.

Had some queries on those with big price tags...

I had to re-polish the existing marble flooring... $1650... :notti: Wow...

Windows (i didnt put grilles but had intention to chg) is $2700 (windows only) - for info, i have 6 'sets' of windows.

Cabinets (he didnt mention top and bottom) @ $95pfr. Solid surface top @ $80 pfr. Dunno if we get to choose the materials bo...

What do you guys think? The other are similiar to Vincenzo70's quote. =)

definitely not. he will always ask you to go for the cheaper source

for my air-con, he actually told me that whatever he source he will charge $50 'admin fee' so better i go source myself

as long as you don't expect him to chase the contractor you engage can liao :bangwall:

No wonder my quote bo aircon. Remembered i told him wanted aircon de. Haha!

Edited by skywolf

I had gotten a quote from him y'day, quite fast... err.... 4 hrs? i called @ abt 4pm+, got it in my email @ 8+. Mine will start after cny (for those who were wondering how come so fast). But like you guys mentioned, it was the 1st quotation, so (to me) quite high. But then, i had included my wish list items, which i can take out.

Had some queries on those with big price tags...

I had to re-polish the existing marble flooring... $1650... :bangwall: Wow...

Windows (i didnt put grilles but had intention to chg) is $2700 (windows only) - for info, i have 6 'sets' of windows.

Cabinets (he didnt mention top and bottom) @ $95pfr. Solid surface top @ $80 pfr. Dunno if we get to choose the materials bo...

What do you guys think? The other are similiar to Vincento's quote. =)

No wonder my quote bo aircon. Remembered i told him wanted aircon de. Haha!

casement windows are expensive...go for sliding ones to cut down cost.

since only 1st quotation, still can neg.

casement windows are expensive...go for sliding ones to cut down cost.

since only 1st quotation, still can neg.

Mace... he mentioned "alum sliding windows"... not casements. :bangwall:

Btw, do you guys head to one of his current works areas to see how they work, etc? Before finalising on which contractor that is.

Edited by skywolf

Mace... he mentioned "alum sliding windows"... not casements. :rofl:

Btw, do you guys head to one of his current works areas to see how they work, etc? Before finalising on which contractor that is.

wah that means you really have LOTs of windows....are the old windows from hdb? if it's teh old type hdb aluminium windows - no need to change, some proper cleaning can restore back.

wah that means you really have LOTs of windows....are the old windows from hdb? if it's teh old type hdb aluminium windows - no need to change, some proper cleaning can restore back.

Dun tell my hubby, but i like the unit coz the windows (for those opp corridor ones) are full width kind. Err... the 2 bedrms, mbr, then the living rm (used to be balcony). How to know it's the old type of windows? The unit is 14 yrs old, and i'm gonna be the 3rd owner. And erm, i hate cleaning them, though i like them. :rofl:

Dun tell my hubby, but i like the unit coz the windows (for those opp corridor ones) are full width kind. Err... the 2 bedrms, mbr, then the living rm (used to be balcony). How to know it's the old type of windows? The unit is 14 yrs old, and i'm gonna be the 3rd owner. And erm, i hate cleaning them, though i like them. :rofl:

those hdb stock windows are very HARD solid aluminium - 10 times better than the quality of those availiable now. go look around the flat, some units should still have the stock windows.

those hdb stock windows are very HARD solid aluminium - 10 times better than the quality of those availiable now. go look around the flat, some units should still have the stock windows.

MaCe are those white aluminium windows you are referring to?

I got those sliding ones in the unit I am getting soon. Are they good?

I am wondering if I should change them as they been there since Day 1 the flat was build and also cause I prefer casement

Huh... hw to identify it's stock windows? Sorry for the qtns, but i really dunno. :sport-smiley-004:

MaCe are those white aluminium windows you are referring to?

I got those sliding ones in the unit I am getting soon. Are they good?

I am wondering if I should change them as they been there since Day 1 the flat was build and also cause I prefer casement

not white.... as long as they are the stock windows from hdb - they are good.(old hdb flats)

nowadays the new aluminium are soft and flimsy, you easily POKE a dent on it with a screwdriver.

I just use mckennic to clean them and now they look like NEW windows!:sport-smiley-004:

corr2.jpg

Oic... no, mine are not these kinds. They are already sliding ones (those standard ones commonly used nowadays).

Hey, hang on... are you referring to those windows which i used to see in my pro/sec schs in the late 80s? Those you flick up and down to open, or the middle sliding ones? Coz if the middle ones, most sliding ones are already those liao. Then hw to identify?

Edited by skywolf

Oic... no, mine are not these kinds. They are already sliding ones (those standard ones commonly used nowadays).

Hey, hang on... are you referring to those windows which i used to see in my pro/sec schs in the late 80s? Those you flick up and down to open, or the middle sliding ones? Coz if the middle ones, most sliding ones are already those liao. Then hw to identify?

the sliding windows.

how to identify? use a screwdriver to poke? :sport-smiley-004: check around other units who didnt do any reno lor.

:sport-smiley-004:

I think... i may know what u are talking abt. those that when u press against (at the window track), is those quite hard ones, as compared to the newer pgl units which my kakis stays... not sure if it's correct bo...

talking about mrs mckenic, i'd really have to take my hats off

it's so powerful :dribble: :dribble: :P

my stove was badly stained due to food stains left uncleaned

tried means and way to remove it but can't

sprayed the tile cleaner and wait for a min, wipe and the stains are gone

really worth the price :P :P

:dribble:

I think... i may know what u are talking abt. those that when u press against (at the window track), is those quite hard ones, as compared to the newer pgl units which my kakis stays... not sure if it's correct bo...

yupz.