Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RyanX

Need Advice For False Ceiling And L-box

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Guest melancholic
Hi,

Can PM me the contact also? Thanks

hi Jaskel... PMed you.

Surprised that you need it though.. your house is already so nicely done up... 'droool' Makes me wanna go and see since we are so nearby... heh

'Market' Rates for a lot of IDs, before negotiation:

False Ceiling - $5psf

L-box - $10-12 pfr

L-box with cove lighting - $17pfr

after negotiation

False Ceiling - $3psf

L-Box - $9 to $10 pfr

L-box with cove lighting - $13-14 pfr

If ID is boss of company, which happens to be the rates contractors will charge you:

False Ceiling - can push to $2.50psf

L-Box - $7 pfr

L-box with cove lighting - $10pfr

Market Rate for actual sub-contractor doing the work (I didn't have my ceiling work done by my ID but by my uncle's relative's work partner)

False Ceiling - $2 psf

L-Box - $4.50 pfr (Correction, it's actually $6-6.50 pfr)

L-box with cove lighting - $7pfr

I saved at least $1k by getting my own contractor to do the false ceiling!!!

hi.. just got my house key last week.. plan to do L-Box **** room... can PM me the contractor? Many thanks...

hi Jaskel... PMed you.

Surprised that you need it though.. your house is already so nicely done up... 'droool' Makes me wanna go and see since we are so nearby... heh

Ya lor, neighbour wanted to do so I try to source for him lor. :D U can drop by anytime. :D

Guest melancholic
hi.. just got my house key last week.. plan to do L-Box **** room... can PM me the contractor? Many thanks...

PMed you already.

Ya lor, neighbour wanted to do so I try to source for him lor. :D U can drop by anytime. :D

I see. So nice of you to help source such stuff. :)

Thanks. Will see how we can arrange to visit your castle. :D

Guest melancholic

Hi there,

I've been receiving quite a few requests for the contacts of the guy who did my false ceiling. If any of you did use him in the end, do let me and the rest in RT know if he did a decent job. Cos while he did the job well enough for me, I dun want to keep recommending him if any one has a bad encounter with him.

cheers!

Hi there,

I've been receiving quite a few requests for the contacts of the guy who did my false ceiling. If any of you did use him in the end, do let me and the rest in RT know if he did a decent job. Cos while he did the job well enough for me, I dun want to keep recommending him if any one has a bad encounter with him.

cheers!

Hi, Can you PM me the cotacts too?

Hi there,

cheers!

got you sharp n clear there,will certainly use and keep u posted of his service standrads mate! =)

'Market' Rates for a lot of IDs, before negotiation:

False Ceiling - $5psf

L-box - $10-12 pfr

L-box with cove lighting - $17pfr

after negotiation

False Ceiling - $3psf

L-Box - $9 to $10 pfr

L-box with cove lighting - $13-14 pfr

If ID is boss of company, which happens to be the rates contractors will charge you:

False Ceiling - can push to $2.50psf

L-Box - $7 pfr

L-box with cove lighting - $10pfr

Market Rate for actual sub-contractor doing the work (I didn't have my ceiling work done by my ID but by my uncle's relative's work partner)

False Ceiling - $2 psf

L-Box - $4.50 pfr (Correction, it's actually $6-6.50 pfr)

L-box with cove lighting - $7pfr

I saved at least $1k by getting my own contractor to do the false ceiling!!!

hI MELANCHOLIC,

does the price mentioned includes the plastering and repainting of the ceiling/falsewall? i asked cos i've read horror stories of some forummers whose contractor says painting not included

Guest melancholic
hI MELANCHOLIC,

does the price mentioned includes the plastering and repainting of the ceiling/falsewall? i asked cos i've read horror stories of some forummers whose contractor says painting not included

He's purely a contractor dealing with the false ceiling. So, in a way you are right, painting is not included in the cost. In a reno job, the main reno contractor or ID firm will take care of the painting. Not sure what you mean by plastering.. all I know is that mine was smooth before the painters painted over. of course I could see the faint box lines...

He's purely a contractor dealing with the false ceiling. So, in a way you are right, painting is not included in the cost. In a reno job, the main reno contractor or ID firm will take care of the painting. Not sure what you mean by plastering.. all I know is that mine was smooth before the painters painted over. of course I could see the faint box lines...

i second melancholic's saying as i have contacted and will most prob be using him as his is the most economical 'ceilling contractor' i found so far.Ah soon says he charge $1.1k for a complete paint job (includes plastering) for a standard 4 rm flat.

We just need to provide him with a proper ceilling blueprint design drawn to scale.

hi melancholic,

may i have your false ceiling contractor's contact? i got an existing false ceiling with 14 holes (existing spotlights) which i needed patched and reopen to fit new spotlight fixtures. i realised spotlight fixtures these day are much smaller than the old type (about 5yrs old). many thanks!