Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bluesky76

A Need To Change Aircon ?

Hi guys,

just got a HDB resale flat, and they have 2 inverter aircons already installed. It's being used for like 6 years.

The blower looks kinda yellowish / dirty...

Do you guys think there is a need to change the aircon ?

Was thinking if i am on budget can i just change the aircon blower will do ? Does people do that ?

Any advice?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

6 yrs old.. how long u plan to live there?

If planning for say.. 5 yrs.. then.. u expect AC to last 11 yrs?

Is very messy to redo AC system while living inside.

Furthermore.. 6 yrs ago is R22 system.. today is R410..

if R22 system breakdown.. parts going to be harder to get.

Hi guys,

just got a HDB resale flat, and they have 2 inverter aircons already installed. It's being used for like 6 years.

The blower looks kinda yellowish / dirty...

Do you guys think there is a need to change the aircon ?

Was thinking if i am on budget can i just change the aircon blower will do ? Does people do that ?

Any advice?

If you're planning to do renovation to your place, advicable to take the opportunity to change the aircon. What I understand, aircon after 5 years will start giving problems - their lifespan is between 6-8 years.

If you're planning to do renovation to your place, advicable to take the opportunity to change the aircon. What I understand, aircon after 5 years will start giving problems - their lifespan is between 6-8 years.

I agreed. If you are renovating,might as well done up everything nicely at 1 go rather having to go through the mess of drilling here and there if 2 or 3 years down the road,your aircons boycotts you. Then will be a great headache. :bangwall:

hi, in order to cut cost, just change the compressor and blower will do. If you r not going for a major renovation. However, ask yr air con guy to do a pressure test which comes with a price too, est $250? Once confirm no leak, just change the blower and compressor. I did it the same way, just change the compressor and blower, brand Mitsubishi for $2050 system 2, 9000 & 12000 btu using r410 gas. Cost includes dismantle the old unit set of 4 and replace with new set of 2.

hi, in order to cut cost, just change the compressor and blower will do. If you r not going for a major renovation. However, ask yr air con guy to do a pressure test which comes with a price too, est $250? Once confirm no leak, just change the blower and compressor. I did it the same way, just change the compressor and blower, brand Mitsubishi for $2050 system 2, 9000 & 12000 btu using r410 gas. Cost includes dismantle the old unit set of 4 and replace with new set of 2.

hi, may i know what you mean when you say "just change compressor and blower" to cut cost?

isnt that the whole package already??

also, where will the pressure test be done to check for leakage?

i keen to cut cost too :)

hi, may i know what you mean when you say "just change compressor and blower" to cut cost?

isnt that the whole package already??

also, where will the pressure test be done to check for leakage?

i keen to cut cost too :)

Usually test on the compressor side i think