Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Wow!! what is this Kelvin Ng trying to do?...promised to return money but a lot of excuses, try to delay again and again!!!

I think he not intend to return you a single cent.

I suggest you still bank in the cheque, maybe he didn't close the account, bluff u maybe.

On another hand if issued a cheque but the account was closed is consider illegal.

cunning = Kelvin Ng !

Scary guy....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
at least u still got some amt back. we still not sure what we can do at the moment with $$$ tied up. :(

only know he had been caught and sentence 2 years. our money will need to go through civil case ourselves . . . which required more $$$ 2 engage lawyer

Hi ahockz,

I am really feel sorry about your case. I sincerely hope you reno progress is going well now.

Somehow I feel rather ironic when I saw Mrspiglet's post on 14May'09. Kelvin Ng actually complained about what Roger did. Wow, I sure hope Kelvin Ng was better than what he claimed to be.

Wow!! what is this Kelvin Ng trying to do?...promised to return money but a lot of excuses, try to delay again and again!!!

I think he not intend to return you a single cent.

I suggest you still bank in the cheque, maybe he didn't close the account, bluff u maybe.

On another hand if issued a cheque but the account was closed is consider illegal.

cunning = Kelvin Ng !

Hi Decade,

Good day.

Thanks for the advice. I must clarify that Kelvin did return 25% of the money.

I try not to get too subjective/emotional when posting here because as a project guy myself, I know that so many things could go wrong in project phases. Just to name a few: supplier problem, personal problem, customer problem, financial problem, bla bla bla... Furthermore, as an owner, it is fair to say that I must accept certain risk in choosing people like Kelvin Ng to be my designer.

That's why as long as Kelvin Ng settles this case professionally, I would not mind giving him another chance. We are all out for a living, no point destroying Kelvin Ng's reputation.

However, Kelvin Ng just crossed the line I guess.

To me, closing a current account after issuing cheque to creditor, without making any effort to inform the creditor, is definitely cheating.

Kelvin Ng may claimed that he was in health problem or whatever so. But by doing the above, Kelvin Ng was definitely taking the initiative to cheat. He simply dishonoured his payment, by actively hiding facts from me.

To all his existing clients, please be careful.

Edited by Gla

Hi , I am getting my keys soon ,looking for experience ID , can anyone recommend good ID in this company. Thanks in adv.

I am ex customer of Kelvin Ng few years ago. Our renovation experience with him is a terrible one. I am glad that finally there is someone like Gla pointed out the problem he encountered in this forum with evidences. I chose Kelvin Ng as my contractor because I naively believed in his big pool of fans. But my trust to his fans is proven to be a big mistake. I chose not to feedback in this forum at that time as I knew that it was pointless, his fans will definitely side him and shoot me back. Who will believe me?

It's being few years, can't remember the details but my anger is still there, here's my short views of him,

1) Kelvin didn't put in much effort to design my house. I told him the design concept I wanted but the 3D drawing he provided was totally different from what i described.

2) As an coordinator, he should go to our house frequently to check on the sub-contractors what they had done. But he didn't, ended up with numerous mistakes. More time and materials wasted due to his irresponsibility.

3) The schedule was delayed and he had plenty of excuses to cover himself, mainly is his personal problem and health. But is that our problem? If he can't handle the workload, why can't he pass our house to another ID to do.

4) I strongly think that he has some attitude problem.

I am not trying to badmouth him or tarnish his reputation. But in actual fact, he was irresponsible while dealing our house. I do not find myself as an unreasonable customer as I have another house just finish renovating, I do not have any problem communicate with my ID, and everything is done up well. Sincerely, I hope that he will improve on his services.

Hi all,

It's been a while since I last posted here.

We went through a small claim tribunal consultation session with Kelvin Ng during mid May.

He agreed to refund all the out-standing payment plus compensation during the consultation session.

Following payment schedule was agreed by Kelvin Ng and binded in Order of Tribunal:

- 1st payment - 50% of total amount by 30May'09

- 2nd payment - 50% of total amount by 30Jun'09

However, up to now, after 16 days of delay, we are still yet to get our full 1st payment.

As of now, we only receive half of the 1st payment. On top of that, a returned check given by Kelvin Ng, several delays and couple of technical faults (Kelvin claimed so) from reputable banks (such a coincidence!!).

Hence my conclusion, based on my experience so far: please exert more caution when dealing with Kelvin Ng on monetary and scheduling issue.

Being friendly is one thing, delivering result is another.

It really sadden me to see that one of the more talkabout IDs in this forum would actually do this.

Summary of the incident can be found at below webpage:

http://renoexp.blogspot.com/

To all Kelvin Ng's clients and suppliers, please contact me if you are encountering similar difficulty in dealing with Kelvin Ng. We should group together to see how we could work something out .

Just a brief recap of our renovation experience with Kelvin Ng:

Kelvin Ng delayed renovation schedule of our flat earlier this year.

When asked to put all schedule on writing, after all the delays, Kelvin Ng opted to terminate the renovation contract on 07Apr'09.

Up to now we are still yet to receive our refund from Kelvin Ng, 2.5 months after he terminated the contract on 07Apr'09.

We are not here to badmouth anybody. We still keep all the receipts, returned check copy, court order, contract and SMS as evidence.

Edited by Angry or Happy

I am ex customer of Kelvin Ng few years ago. Our renovation experience with him is a terrible one. I am glad that finally there is someone like Gla pointed out the problem he encountered in this forum with evidences. I chose Kelvin Ng as my contractor because I naively believed in his big pool of fans. But my trust to his fans is proven to be a big mistake. I chose not to feedback in this forum at that time as I knew that it was pointless, his fans will definitely side him and shoot me back. Who will believe me?

It's being few years, can't remember the details but my anger is still there, here's my short views of him,

1) Kelvin didn't put in much effort to design my house. I told him the design concept I wanted but the 3D drawing he provided was totally different from what i described.

2) As an coordinator, he should go to our house frequently to check on the sub-contractors what they had done. But he didn't, ended up with numerous mistakes. More time and materials wasted due to his irresponsibility.

3) The schedule was delayed and he had plenty of excuses to cover himself, mainly is his personal problem and health. But is that our problem? If he can't handle the workload, why can't he pass our house to another ID to do.

I am not trying to badmouth him or tarnish his reputation. But in actual fact, he was irresponsible while dealing our house. I do not find myself as an unreasonable customer as I have another house just finish renovating, I do not have any problem communicate with my ID, and everything is done up well. Sincerely, I hope that he will improve on his services.

Hi Angry or Happy,

Good evening.

You are definitely angry now, even after a few years. I guess if I were in your situation, very likely I would do the same. It really irritated me when Kelvin Ng started giving me all his reasons.

After reading your post, it seems like Kelvin Ng's health problem has been an issue since few years ago. I hope it's fair to say that it is difficult for us to judege whether Kelvin was truly sick or what. We are not doctors...

To be honest, I didn't expect Kelvin to behave like this a few years back.

However, I hope you don't mind if I must say something for the "big pool of fans".

I met couple of house owners who engaged Kelvin Ng as their ID previously. I truly believe that Kelvin Ng did a good job for them in the past. Those house owners have shown a lot of goodwill in allowing strangers like us visiting their home and intruding their private time. I hope you would agree with me that, they do not want all these to happen also. They are nice people.

Hello Angry or Happy , thank you for sharing your experience , I sympathise your situation. I have learnt alot from this forum and things to take note . I must really look for ID with good reputation, at least reliable and responsible as this is my first house .

Hi Angry or Happy,

Good evening.

You are definitely angry now, even after a few years. I guess if I were in your situation, very likely I would do the same. It really irritated me when Kelvin Ng started giving me all his reasons.

After reading your post, it seems like Kelvin Ng's health problem has been an issue since few years ago. I hope it's fair to say that it is difficult for us to judege whether Kelvin was truly sick or what. We are not doctors...

To be honest, I didn't expect Kelvin to behave like this a few years back.

However, I hope you don't mind if I must say something for the "big pool of fans".

I met couple of house owners who engaged Kelvin Ng as their ID previously. I truly believe that Kelvin Ng did a good job for them in the past. Those house owners have shown a lot of goodwill in allowing strangers like us visiting their home and intruding their private time. I hope you would agree with me that, they do not want all these to happen also. They are nice people.

Who know maybe they get some benefit from Kelvin before u visited them...? Of course there is not easy to know a person is it a good guy in a short time. But I believe can judge whether him/her is a good or bad while u are talking with him/her, this is depend on are u a smart person or alert enough or not.

Wish all the best to the house owner who still deal with Kelvin Ng!

Who know maybe they get some benefit from Kelvin before u visited them...? Of course there is not easy to know a person is it a good guy in a short time. But I believe can judge whether him/her is a good or bad while u are talking with him/her, this is depend on are u a smart person or alert enough or not.

Wish all the best to the house owner who still deal with Kelvin Ng!

hi Decade and all the others

I am a owner who previously engaged Kelvin who was formerly from GPlan.

I must say, we never had issues with our reno except for minor delays due to Hungry Ghost mth. No ID is perfect, no Contractor is perfect too. Getting a project completed successfully is the responsibility of both the owner and the ID. We can't just pay the ID and expect them to finish everything perfectly and on time, without any Owner intervention.

If things are not coming up as per our expectation, we have to voice out. I have done that and explained to Kelvin clearly how i would prefer certain things to be done. I believe when we all monitor the progress regularly and explain our expectations clearly to the ID, bridges won't be burned.

I am not sure why some owners in the forum are having issues with Kelvin lately. I am not sure why Kelvin has to behave this way. But I am sure he is not stupid to let his reputation, which he built with so much effort over all these years, to just go down the drain with stupid acts.

It's been 3 years since I moved in. Even till today, when we require minor repairs or touch up due to wear & tear /everyday usage, he sends his ppl down to fix without any complaints/delays.

I hope whatever issues Kelvin is facing, he better resolve it before it gets worst. Lastly, we owners are NOT getting anything from him for allowing strangers into our house to view his work. We are doing this simply out of goodwill. I believe other owners who have allowed strangers to view their house will agree with me too.

Hello Angry or Happy , thank you for sharing your experience , I sympathise your situation. I have learnt alot from this forum and things to take note . I must really look for ID with good reputation, at least reliable and responsible as this is my first house .

Hi Shan, the lesson I learnt are,

1) Never be fooled by the number of pages in a topic. A topic of a renovation firm can have a lot of pages or the most pages. But Many pages NOT = Reliable and responsible ID.

2) Use any forum as a guide ONLY. Do not completely believe in a particular ID's fans, because I don't believe 100% of the fans are genuine. Who knows some of the posts are created by the ID himself/herself.

3) Look for ID recommended by relatives or friends who had used them before. This is what I did for my 2nd house. The standard of Kelvin Ng and my 2nd ID is far apart.

4) ID often bring house owner to their recommended furniture shops, lighting shops...saying there is discount for the house owners. Never Believe! Kelvin Ng brought me to one of his recommended shops, I didn't buy his suggested stuffs straight away because I wanted to compare the price in other shops. Then, I bought almost similar products from another shop with a difference of $300! Reason? I heard from the shop owners that the ID will earn commission.

Shan, I hope you can find a reliable and responsible ID!

I juz don understand why u owners keep complaining here after so many mths.

Don't u even check Kelvin's background before sign contract with him? That's the basic principle in business rite?

He is bankrupt since 2002. It is so easy to chk online yet u all don't do it. No wonder he can just start a company and take all your money away. He will thank u all for the help to pay his debt.

Kao peh here will not solve the case. Part of it is ur own fault!

Do ur homework first before complain here!

Hi to all,

Further to my last post, nevermind just my 2 cents for all who are still looking for ID.

U may ignore my advise but do be careful to handle such a person.

Thank you.

Edited by ngkelvin

out curiousity, what is your agenda, by putting your nick as "ngkelvin" and a first post taking aim at "kelvin ng"?

Hi to all,

It has been a long time since i came in to this forum and was surprised to see all of your mishap with Kelvin Ng.

Edited to remove potentially slanderous remarks from quote.

Edited by minee