Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Prune

Will Agent Purposely Delay 1st Appt?

My agent said she submitted the application to admin on Tuesday and her admin will submit to HDB, but after a week, no news from HDB regarding my fist appt date leh. Will she purposely delay it to buy more time for the seller to get a new place? Btw the option money cashed by the seller so it is a valid contract now. And this agent also one kind, think she charging me admin fees for manual submission while her office is one of the biggest in Singapore which they can submit online.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My agent said she submitted the application to admin on Tuesday and her admin will submit to HDB, but after a week, no news from HDB regarding my fist appt date leh. Will she purposely delay it to buy more time for the seller to get a new place? Btw the option money cashed by the seller so it is a valid contract now. And this agent also one kind, think she charging me admin fees for manual submission while her office is one of the biggest in Singapore which they can submit online.

the answer is YES! Check your resale application status online using your Singpass

I am not too sure why will he be delaying the submission...the only thing that I can think of is that both seller and buyer have the

same agent so maybe the seller talk to the agent and ask him to delay it first..

Yes you need to check it to HDB site and see the status.

Seller & buyer using same agent??..Oh no..not a gd idea coz there's tendency for conflict of interest to arise and complicate matters..Wish you luck yeah! Hope everything goes on smoothly for you..

Neway, I just called HDB today & realised that its taking 11wks+3days from the application submission date for one to get a 1st appt...Reason - High volume of appln. received at HDB end. OMG!!! :jawdrop: Can't believe it...almost 3mths to get a 1st appt. & another 2mths to complete the sale process... :angry2:

Seller & buyer using same agent??..Oh no..not a gd idea coz there's tendency for conflict of interest to arise and complicate matters..Wish you luck yeah! Hope everything goes on smoothly for you..

Neway, I just called HDB today & realised that its taking 11wks+3days from the application submission date for one to get a 1st appt...Reason - High volume of appln. received at HDB end. OMG!!! :jawdrop: Can't believe it...almost 3mths to get a 1st appt. & another 2mths to complete the sale process... :angry2:

My agent told me that it's taking longer to get 1st appointment recently, some of the waiting was 12 weeks, mine was submitted in May so I was lucky.

My agent told me that it's taking longer to get 1st appointment recently, some of the waiting was 12 weeks, mine was submitted in May so I was lucky.

It is now really about 12 weeks.

My first appt is at 26th Oct... 3 months from now. fainted...

Dear All

I m a newbie here...

To my understanding, recently there has bn a long Q for hdb submissions. Hence the wait can be as long as up to about 3mths. My agt submiited one on 21 Jul & the EARLIEST date he gotten for his seller was 7 Oct. So u can imagine, tats abt 10wks of wait.

It's also true tat agts can play around w/ the date for 1st appt. Bt given the situation now, 10 - 12wks is the min wait. For us, we compromise w/ our sellers & buyers cos we r doing a contra, so end up when my agt submiited for us las wk, our appt is towards end Oct, approx 3mths (12wks).

I think HDB has hired more temp staff to rectify this long queue, it was on Straight Times this week, maybe you can check with your agent again if there is any changes.

I think HDB has hired more temp staff to rectify this long queue, it was on Straight Times this week, maybe you can check with your agent again if there is any changes.

But my first appt is already fixed, how can it be change to earlier date?

Hi all, thank you for your advise, yes we are using same agent because it was an Open House, so think the seller agent will not co-broke. Anyway F her on Monday, ask her her admin got cho kang bo, then she LL go submit and came back with 16th October.

Sure is long wait.

No harm asking your agent to check, since you are paying agent for the service ... i think, worse case the date remains the same, right?

I just check HDB

"the earliest date for your first appointment is 22 Oct 2009. "

Before excercising the OTP, seller agent ask me if mine is normal sales, I say yes.

Both seller, buyer same agent because not allow co broke. 1st appointment can be early August, but agent opt for mid Aug, cause seller don't want too early.

And claim that I must respect the seller and not for my convenience.

Just an example to agent taking seller sides.

Sometimes, feel like just calling off the deal :horse: