Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ossify

My Cosy Home In Holland

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thanks! I happen to check out one ofthe hardware shop near my office today during lunch, they also sellng $10 per pair! Haha...

But i can't buy the bamboo there because i dunno how to transport home, unless i drive lorry. :-p

Em... i still can't figure out what is an L-trim from the figure... but nevermind i call Lena tomorrow to ask. Thanks!

Good to know you got your laundry hooks, actually i think most neighbourhood hardware shops sell at this price. Don't get chop carrot by the expensive ones :D

Lena is not back yet. If you want to contact her, try Thursday morning.

oh ya.. bro i want to see ur white alpha v6..

pic pic pic leh...

Haven't install, wait 1-2 days bah.

:o white V6 ... OOS le. I was told even agent dun hv stock. em... ...

well, can't decide if I wanna diy painting cos 4rm seems tough :sport-smiley-003:

Yes agent don't have stock, but some retailers have stock. I found one :D I still need 2 more, when agent have stock, I let you know.

Yah DIY paint is no joke! but if you are like me (i fill up the holes between trunking and wall/ceiling before painting), you'll enjoy it :D

hi ossify

always wanted to ask, what software you use to develop your floor plan design?

floorplanner.com

:dribble: ya thanks bro. I need 1 white V6 too. I went to A Lighting to get some stuff but the fan gotta wait "N" days.

Still outstanding 2 bedrm lights for me. Most probably will scout ard Balestier & get back to Alex if I spot any ideal design again.

Haha, Alex is really nice. Thanks for your recommendation :deal:

just had a discussion with my kitchen door guy

attached is the bird's eye view schematic of my top hung frameless sliding glass door. grey = walls, yellow = cabinet, red = fixed panel, cyan = sliding panel

sliding panel has to overlap fixed panel by 50mm when fully closed. when fully open, the walkway should be 900mm. when fully closed, the closing point will be 80mm off-center. no choice as my kitchen is off center due to concealment of gas pipes :D

kitchenschematic.jpg

Edited by ossify

hi ossify

been following your t-blog. hopefully can collect my keys to my 3-room in late march. really admire your DIY reno. will definitely be asking for your advice.

Good to know you got your laundry hooks, actually i think most neighbourhood hardware shops sell at this price. Don't get chop carrot by the expensive ones :D

Lena is not back yet. If you want to contact her, try Thursday morning.

I called her just now, she said she will send me her telephone bill wahahaha.

She said i must top up for L-trim. Decide to give it a miss, not because of the $.. but because i still dun understand what is a L-trim. Think must see actual picture then know. Describe by words hard to understand.... Cut short the convo.. in case she really send me her phone bill hahaha :D

just had a discussion with my kitchen door guy

attached is the bird's eye view schematic of my top hung frameless sliding glass door. grey = walls, yellow = cabinet, red = fixed panel, cyan = sliding panel

sliding panel has to overlap fixed panel by 50mm when fully closed. when fully open, the walkway should be 900mm. when fully closed, the closing point will be 80mm off-center. no choice as my kitchen is off center due to concealment of gas pipes :D

kitchenschematic.jpg

IMO 80mm is quite negligible... dun stare at it, u hardly notice it....

I called her just now, she said she will send me her telephone bill wahahaha.

She said i must top up for L-trim. Decide to give it a miss, not because of the $.. but because i still dun understand what is a L-trim. Think must see actual picture then know. Describe by words hard to understand.... Cut short the convo.. in case she really send me her phone bill hahaha :D

wah, you actually call her ah, i only sms :D

no wonder she never waive off for you :P

basically it's like a skirting, except that it's about 2mm tall.

IMO 80mm is quite negligible... dun stare at it, u hardly notice it....

sure to be noticeable.. when it's done up, you'll see :P

Day 34

technically skipped one day as didn't do anything on Sun. Mon was the start of plumbing piping works.

pretty much a one man job

plumber.jpg

pipes and bender

pipes.jpg

zoom in on the pipes

pipeszoom.jpg

my toilet's basin cabinet, very good fit :P

tightfit.jpg

my baron one piece (no bracket, no cement, only silicone glue)

49275712.jpg

Total cost for the day's work: $0

Hacking 50ft walls and clearing of debris: $1000

Accumulated cost for labour: $5500 (including clearing of debris)

Accumulated cost for raw materials: $2340.21

Total reno bill as of now: $8840.21

Plumbing: $880

Electrical: $2000

Day 35

aircon people came for installation of compressors and fcu (noticed that gantan's and my aircon look the same)

aircon in living room (previous bedroom 2) which is connected solely to compressor

aircon1solo.jpg

aircon in living room which is linked to mbr aircon so i shouldn't switch on both mbr aircon and living room aircon at the same time.

aircon1twin.jpg

aircon in mbr. it will be colder than the one in previous bedroom 2 if the one in living room is turned off. suitable for my enlarged mbr :P

aircon2twin.jpg

aircon man and safety harness

bungee.jpg

compressor sitting pretty in the sun, no bird poo yet

compressor.jpg

Total cost for the day's work: $0

Hacking 50ft walls and clearing of debris: $1000

Accumulated cost for labour: $5500 (including clearing of debris)

Accumulated cost for raw materials: $2340.21

Total reno bill as of now: $8840.21

Plumbing: $880

Electrical: $2000

Edited by ossify

continued DIY and preview of my zencelo

fixed up my 40cm base cabinet

40cm.jpg

fixed up my 60cm base cabinet with legs

60cm.jpg

one of my concealed zencelo switches, argh my wall looks horrible. need to sand down and paint

zencelo.jpg

Edited by ossify

Day 35

aircon people came for installation of compressors and fcu (noticed that gantan's and my aircon look the same)

Its the same, jus that yours is system 3, mine is system 2. The green colour portion match my wardrobe door which is almostsame colour.

:)

Edited by gantan88

Its the same, jus that yours is system 3, mine is system 2. The green colour portion match my wardrobe door which is almostsame colour.

:)

huh you mean the green colour cannot be removed? i thought it's just a protective sticker