Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ossify

My Cosy Home In Holland

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i did windows and gate with him only. did not do bi-fold door. you can ask gantan88, he got alex to install his bi-fold doors.

Yes, i did my bifold door thru' alex.

Actually now i got a little confused on what is a top-hung bifold door. The one i had has a full frame - top, bottom, left and right. But the main sliding mechanism is on top track. Below only has a small piece of thingy to guide the door when sliding so that the door below do not sway when u r operating it.

Doing this Wed...

Hi Ossify,

Did you encounter any problem bringing the poles home? How long are the poles and can they fit into a car?

Hi gantan88,

Where did you get your poles from?

I bought it from a hardware shop nearby my house. So hand-carry. Bought the bamboo one, under $2 per piece. Super long. I think normal hatchback car u fold down backseat also cannot fit in. Prepare to saw it to required length myself...

Those aluminium extendable very expensive, $7+ for one...

I looking for someone to do a glass sliding door for my kitchen too! going to call pang giap

hmm i think you might want to get quotes from Sun Sun glass and Besglas too.

For the same door, Sun Sun glass quoted me $1750, Besglas quoted me $1600. Weird :P

Yes, i did my bifold door thru' alex.

Actually now i got a little confused on what is a top-hung bifold door. The one i had has a full frame - top, bottom, left and right. But the main sliding mechanism is on top track. Below only has a small piece of thingy to guide the door when sliding so that the door below do not sway when u r operating it.

Doing this Wed...

Er yours doesn't sound like what I want. I want top-hung bottom-no-track

I bought it from a hardware shop nearby my house. So hand-carry. Bought the bamboo one, under $2 per piece. Super long. I think normal hatchback car u fold down backseat also cannot fit in. Prepare to saw it to required length myself...

Those aluminium extendable very expensive, $7+ for one...

think my mom got chopped carrot for the alum poles. :(

hmm i think you might want to get quotes from Sun Sun glass and Besglas too.

For the same door, Sun Sun glass quoted me $1750, Besglas quoted me $1600. Weird :P

Er yours doesn't sound like what I want. I want top-hung bottom-no-track

think my mom got chopped carrot for the alum poles. :(

yah i think mine is not a top mount track. Top mount only is not robust enuff n more expensive. Also when u shower, water confirm 'escape' out thru the gap below n yr area outside toilet will be wet after a shower. less u diy something?

hw much y mum pay for the alu pole?

i oso nearly kana chop carrot for the hooks. $28 per pair...

Edited by gantan88

Day 39

skipped saturday and sunday as nothing was done. today hails the arrival of furniture from ikea and vhive.

assembly of ikea furniture

ikeaassembly.jpg

tv console (besta on the left and middle, billy on the right)

bestaup.jpg

elga wardrobe (found that i can only fit one in *sigh*)

elgaup.jpg

vhive storage cushions

vhiveup.jpg

ugly DIY drilling of kitchen cabinet for water pipes

kitchenugly.jpg

Total cost for the day's work: $0

Hacking 50ft walls and clearing of debris: $1000

Accumulated cost for labour: $5500 (including clearing of debris)

Accumulated cost for raw materials: $2340.21

Total reno bill as of now: $8840.21

Plumbing: $880 (remaining $380)

Electrical: $2000 (remaining $500)

after the installer told me the other elga wardrobe wouldn't fit, i decided to return it. apparently ikea delivery has this interesting service called "RD" or recovery delivery. they allow me to have another delivery (for free) of items to replace this rejected item. so off i went to ikea today to buy a blackbrown PAX 100cm x 201cm wardrobe, a blackbrown BILLY shelf 40cm x 202cm, BILLY glass door, KOMPLEMENT drawer, 2x Besta Norum 60x128 doors. Spent a total of $460. All to be delivered on Friday, for free :D

thinking of adding another 120cm x 20cm x 202 cm besta shelves on the left of the tv console, should i do it? or wait till next time? paid electrician another $500 today. informed by electrician that white alpha v6 had missing metal brackets. oh noes :(

Edited by ossify

oh about that broken tile in my MBR shower room due to aircon installer's fault, Natural Cool gave me a discount for compensation. Very good service :thumbs up:

now facing an issue with chipped glass from my Besta TV console due to laminate installer's fault. wonder how it can be resolved.

attached are some pics.

Side view

sideview.jpg

Top view

cornerchip.jpg

Zoom in on pieces of glass chipped off

zoominp.jpg

Day 39

skipped saturday and sunday as nothing was done. today hails the arrival of furniture from ikea and vhive.

after the installer told me the other elga wardrobe wouldn't fit, i decided to return it. apparently ikea delivery has this interesting service called "RD" or recovery delivery. they allow me to have another delivery (for free) of items to replace this rejected item. so off i went to ikea today to buy a blackbrown PAX 100cm x 201cm wardrobe, a blackbrown BILLY shelf 40cm x 202cm, BILLY glass door, KOMPLEMENT drawer, 2x Besta Norum 60x128 doors. Spent a total of $460. All to be delivered on Friday, for free :D

thinking of adding another 120cm x 20cm x 202 cm besta shelves on the left of the tv console, should i do it? or wait till next time? paid electrician another $500 today. informed by electrician that white alpha v6 had missing metal brackets. oh noes :(

You are really Ikea's BEST CUSTOMER OF THE YEAR already!!! :D

OK I shall give sun sun and beglas a call. Need this top hung sliding glass door for kitchen. :/

You are really Ikea's BEST CUSTOMER OF THE YEAR already!!! :D

OK I shall give sun sun and beglas a call. Need this top hung sliding glass door for kitchen. :/

ya i know! but i lost my cash voucher and they say don't do replacement of lost cash vouchers :( dunno why they have serial number if they can't trace it.

hope you get them to quote you soon! i think sun sun glass is faster so if you can't wait, get from them. besglas seems a bit slow, many they're too popular or their factory too packed with orders :D

i was told my shower glass from sun sun glass will come in tomorrow! but no news from besglas :(

hi ossify .. read u had a missing part on your V6, so did u got replacement?

Looking forward to see your white V6 .. i passed by Hans ytd & they've the black ones.

:dunno: still waiting for my lights & fan .. no luck scouting ard. Guess I'll wait till March then.

Looks like you may need to replace the chipped glass.

My recent IKEA purchase is the LOCK ceiling light (an all times favourite) :deal:

hi ossify .. read u had a missing part on your V6, so did u got replacement?

Looking forward to see your white V6 .. i passed by Hans ytd & they've the black ones.

:dunno: still waiting for my lights & fan .. no luck scouting ard. Guess I'll wait till March then.

Looks like you may need to replace the chipped glass.

My recent IKEA purchase is the LOCK ceiling light (an all times favourite) :deal:

my white v6's had missing parts so it can't be installed. called the company i bought from, said they will call me once agent sends them the parts. hope it'll be soon. my dining area needs ceiling fan :D as of today, agent doesn't have stock in yet. maybe i should call the agent directly :D i think it's rather crazy to have to wait 2 months for ceiling fan...

as for the chipped glass, i think i can replace it if i bring it to a glass shop to ask them to fabricate another one for me.. might be costly though. no news from Lena about the compensation, she said she'll do something though :D

the following are my functional ceiling fans.

fan in mbr, black alpha v6 $270

blackv6.jpg

fan in kitchen, colourful baby $240

babyfan.jpg

white one will have to wait.. it's annoying :P

Day 40 Wednesday

skipped tuesday as nothing was done. today hails the arrival of the long awaited eubiq power track (update: uploaded new pics with adaptors)

box of unopened adaptors

points.jpg

living room tv console with 1.2m eubiq power track (1.1m with .1m of blank) with phone socket

tvconsole.jpg

dining area with 0.8m eubiq power track (with internet socket)

dining.jpg

kitchen with 1.2m eubiq power track (1.1m with .1m of blank) inclusive of mounted towel rail

kitchenn.jpg

mbr with 0.8m eubiq power track (with phone and internet sockets)

mbr.jpg

received news that my MBR shower glass will be installed tomorrow!

ordered 1x PJ OEM sink from Poh Joo $150 600x460 thinking it can fit into my toilet but it's too big :( there was a bulge in the middle so it can't fit into my toilet... don't think i can sand it down to fit :( added PVC bottom trap $2, total $152 (no pic as not installed yet) will install this in MBR, buy already have to use :(

guess this means i have to wait for Crizto to replenish their stock for 590x460 sink. the supplier said it'll come in next week.

my plumber will come in on thu or fri. movers will move my furniture on fri morning. ikea RD will come on fri morning too. it'll be crowded on friday :( hope all things go well

no news from besglas yet on the installation. should be next week, if what they promised me initially is true.

Edited by ossify

Guest Goobii

Bro ... since page 21 till now.. ur RENO BILL still the same $8840.21????

Sure or not... so DIRT cheap meh?

Mine anyhow here and there already costed me about $30k without those toys

:horse:

Edited by Goobii

Guest Goobii
my white v6's had missing parts so it can't be installed. called the company i bought from, said they will call me once agent sends them the parts. hope it'll be soon. my dining area needs ceiling fan :D as of today, agent doesn't have stock in yet. maybe i should call the agent directly :D i think it's rather crazy to have to wait 2 months for ceiling fan...

as for the chipped glass, i think i can replace it if i bring it to a glass shop to ask them to fabricate another one for me.. might be costly though. no news from Lena about the compensation, she said she'll do something though :D

the following are my functional ceiling fans.

white one will have to wait.. it's annoying :P

Something to warn u before you regreted...

Please try to use a white tape to mask the screw thread of the fan light cover screw as the rotating motion can cause it to vibrate and eventually cause the screw HEAD to loosen and then the WHOLE glass cover will drop.

I was advised by my own client who installed the baby fan before accident happens which happen in the middle of the night and shocked his baby boy.

Edited by Goobii

Bro ... since page 21 till now.. ur RENO BILL still the same $8840.21????

Sure or not... so DIRT cheap meh?

Mine anyhow here and there already costed me about $30k without those toys

:horse:

erm that reno bill of 8840.21 only includes all the hacking, wetworks, walls, plastering, tiling, painting. does not include carpentry (as total items not completely purchased yet), electrical+plumbing (which i already listed separately), glass works (as total pricing not confirmed yet), door works (total pricing not confirmed yet). 8840.21 only includes the hacking by 1st contractor, paying the 2nd contractor for labour cost, raw materials and tiles. the rest of the cost for items purchased you can see in my signature

Something to warn u before you regreted...

Please try to use a white tape to mask the screw thread of the fan light cover screw as the rotating motion can cause it to vibrate and eventually cause the screw HEAD to loosen and then the WHOLE glass cover will drop.

I was advised by my own client who installed the baby fan before accident happens which happen in the middle of the night and shocked his baby boy.

ooo i see. is this for the baby fan or the alpha v6 or both?

thanks for the advice!

Edited by ossify