Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
francine

What To Bring On 1st Appt?

thanks!

anws my hubby called HDB direct, said the birth cert is important if applying to stay with parents or near parents.. to verify that we're their kids.. :)

my 1st appt is also next week. And the HDB officer confirms we don't need to bring our Birth Cert EXCEPT if we apply for grants to be near parents & kids.

BTW, our Seller Agent also requests us to pay his agent fees on 1st appointment. Is this a norm here or should we wait till his company sends us an official invoice??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
my 1st appt is also next week. And the HDB officer confirms we don't need to bring our Birth Cert EXCEPT if we apply for grants to be near parents & kids.

BTW, our Seller Agent also requests us to pay his agent fees on 1st appointment. Is this a norm here or should we wait till his company sends us an official invoice??

No, in fact my agent told me to pay after the key had been handover (2nd appointment).. So you need not to pay agent fee on the 1st.

No, in fact my agent told me to pay after the key had been handover (2nd appointment).. So you need not to pay agent fee on the 1st.

can i check if it is a requirement to pay cov on first appointment? if yes, pay to HDB?

can i check if it is a requirement to pay cov on first appointment? if yes, pay to HDB?

hopefully didnt remember wrongly. if cov is more than 10% of the purchase price, you only pay 10% within 10 days from date of 1st appointment to HDB. balance of the cov is paid on 2nd appointment also to HDB.

If you COV is less than 10%. you pay them in full within 10 days from date of 1st appt to HDB.

On 2nd appmt, HDB will then pay whatever that need to be paid to the sellers.

hopefully didnt remember wrongly. if cov is more than 10% of the purchase price, you only pay 10% within 10 days from date of 1st appointment to HDB. balance of the cov is paid on 2nd appointment also to HDB.

If you COV is less than 10%. you pay them in full within 10 days from date of 1st appt to HDB.

On 2nd appmt, HDB will then pay whatever that need to be paid to the sellers.

my cov is less than 10%. on first appointment, do i pay to HDB or the seller???

if pay to seller, the seller dont turn up for second appointment then how???!!!

so do we request the agent to prepare the invoice to bring along to the first appointment if we are to pay then?? what if he take the payment cheque and then disappear?!!!

sorry..my first time...very panicky... :unsure:

so do we request the agent to prepare the invoice to bring along to the first appointment if we are to pay then?? what if he take the payment cheque and then disappear? !! !

sorry..my first time...very panicky... :unsure:

i think it depends on what u discuss with ur agent.. we gave her half of the commision after 1st appt, and the remainder after 2nd appt.. cheque to be written to the company, not the agent..

as for the invoice, she came to our place a few days after we gave her the 1st half commision to pass us the invoice... :)

u can try to negotiate with ur agent, if he/she's willing to wait till the handover of keys for the commision.. :)

i think it depends on what u discuss with ur agent.. we gave her half of the commision after 1st appt, and the remainder after 2nd appt.. cheque to be written to the company, not the agent..

as for the invoice, she came to our place a few days after we gave her the 1st half commision to pass us the invoice... :)

u can try to negotiate with ur agent, if he/she's willing to wait till the handover of keys for the commision.. :)

oic. thanks. my agent request for half on first appointment and we agree too.

didn't know is to write the cheque to the company...is that common practice?

Hi,

Need help, i dun have a agent using Seller agent and she not prompt in reply me :(

What i need to bring down for my 1st appt, taking HDB loan. Do i pay in full for the agent fee on 1st appt??

and do i need to pay off the COV to seller on 1st appt?

Bring the document that the HDB letter stated. I just did my 1st 3days back and do remember to bring a marriage cert too if you are married.

Edited by davidbslee

Hi my COV is less than 10% of purchase price, when i went for 1st appt the HDB officer confirmed that we have to pay full amount of COV within 10 days. So We issued a cheque to HDB. Meanwhile HDB will keep this money til our 2nd appt date, and pay to Sellers on that date when transaction is fully finalised.

Regards to agent commission, my agent also asked for full payment on 1st appt, then tried to nego for 50% commission 1st. But after asking around with many frens and colleugues, ALL of them pay only on/after conclusion of deal on 2nd appt.

Plus my agent really sucks big time, if i had given him commission earlier I am 100% sure he cant be bothered to do anything after that. Now we are still awaiting 2nd appt still needed him to liase and check some details with Sellers so lucky never pay him else he will just disappear. And same case, he is actually Seller's agent so tend to side with Seller side more....

Edited by cacabi111

awaiting 2nd appt still needed him to liase and check some details with Sellers so lucky never pay him else he will just disappear. And same case, he is actually Seller's agent so tend to side with Seller side more....

can i know what are the things we need to check on the seller?

how do we check

1. financial background?

2. whether they had fulfil the MOP?

3. whether they are the legitimate seller?

etc

etc

TIA.