Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Djorkaeff

Anybody Engage Id Note

Hidden truth number 2 – holding of payment for window never mention

Maybe U like to add in the point that henry did mention that he allow u to hold the balance of the window till it is fully rectify and to be fair to him u need to clear the remaining balance of the rest of the item . :) Never mind. It's alright . :) Can understand . Story are mean to be told 1 sided .

Hi Simon, i know you are trying to help. Are you sure Henry is telling you everything about the matter? How much is the rectification for window? $100?

To clarify 1 more thing . Henry allow fencer to hold the payment on the window (full charges for the window) - not a few hundreds but few thousands (whatever the cost of the window) since fencer didn't happy with the window and make a final decision to accept or reject totally (after meeting the big boss) Again fencer tot that it's the remaining balance of the window (10% of window ?) Miscommunication ? I suppose. But again ? It doesn't matter anymore .

And yes Simon.. Henry offered for me to retain the rest of the money until i confirm w HDB.. End story, i nd to call up HDB myself to ask abt the fireproof door. If need to change to fire-proof door, i'm in deeper ****.. e.g can the door frame take the weight of fireproof door? if need replace, need hack frame, tiles etc etc.. I'll keep a small sum for the window and cracked tile.. would seek advice from other ppl..

Hidden truth 3 - Fire rated door told but fencer chose not to listen + Holding of payment more then 10% but didn’t mention again. Btw , the total amount is 3.6k for 10% and fencer hold near to 5k

More abt fire rated door Above link for more information regarding fired rated door. I think Henry yesterday did tell u that yr unit doesn't need fired rated door as it's not near the lift . But U chose not to believe him. Anyway i think it's better for you yrself to find out from HDB since the trust between u and him already broken . Whatever he say you also dun believe. Glad that U settle the bal that u hold him up . Didn't know that U hold him more then 10% all the while. Everyone tot that u only hold 10% sia. Should tell us that U hold more then that earlier mah . quite misleading U know.

Yes.. Henry said so.. he also said previous door was not fire-proof so changed to a non fire-proof 1.. nothing wrong.. is not very assuring leh.. He is a qualified HDB licensed contractor so he shld be in the know of these.. sorry.. but at no point in time yest, did Henry assure me that my unit does not need fireproof door... "assuring" is the word.. not mentioned.. how assuring isit if i asked abt the covering of the top/bottom of door.. before said is protected.. after i discover.. he said is normal... and there is a few incidents oledi.. trust is 1 thing.. blind trust is another.. well.. the amount holding is $4k+.. dun think is very far off from the $3.8k jaskel estimated bah..

Hidden truth not told again – ASK for direct 2k discount for total bill

Holding on to the money to confirm if the window is ok is perfectly reasonable. If BCA /HDB or whoever really confirm the window is not in standard, I think it's yr right not to pay Henry the window. Same go for yr Fired rated door (new issue). But if prove that everything is alright and normal, I think it's more reasonable for u to pay him up (maybe a small deduction if u still unhappy abt the hairline crack tile) At least it's more reasonable then to ask for a direct 2k deduction from the final bill. (ops did I say something that I shouldn’t again?)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

supersimon , i think u are too sensitive about this whole issue.. this has nothing to do about u replying my pm...

take a look at how you all reply .. all leaning towards henry and gang.. if u all want to be neutral, then post out what henry told u all

then people can judge.. its all our hard earn money.. people tends to choose sides..

things are starting to surface.... so to those doing renovation, please dont blindly take up because people tell u how good the ID/Contractor is..

do more research.

This is a thread abt ID-note. anyone who like to listen to fencer story telling kindly visit his personal thread Thanks

Hmm.. no one is asking abt my story here leh.. except for trantrulla, who was already directed to my blog..

Including including walls that was hacked and should be made good (e.g straight and smooth)? wic when asked, Henry said the guys didn't have the tools to do it? How come no mention abt the pipes, loose handle? but i do suppose is ok to take just certain points from my blog..

btw, i did admit that it was mistake coz there was no plastering as thought.. and asked Henry also if could add in, he said cannot liao..

Well.. I suppose you're meaning to say that this thread was started for purpose of promotion/good side talk about ID Note only.. Sorry that i made comments then.. :o

hi simon & fencer.

I've agreed previously to not comment on henry when simon said that I'm commenting based on one-sided. but i did continue keeping track of the situation of fencer. My point of view from looking at both parties comments as below. I do not intend and also do not want to side any party.....

first, i can understand for simon and hcbing, henry did a good job for ur place, no mistake abt this and u have since become friends with him. this is good. it may also seems like since u are friends with henry, u tend to feel defensive for him when someone says something bad abt him.

we are all house owners who are here to share all info abt our reno and how we felt abt it. what we feel gd and what is not. similarly, shd my contractor in future when he is doing my house, did a bad job, i will not hesitate to air it here even though he did a good job for others. Different ppl view the standard of quality differently. It's for the rest of the RT members to see for themselves and decide.

my feelings abt the whole situation is that i feel comments are currently very much based on emotion as well from your side. no offence meant but whenever something bad abt henry comes out, you tend to defend him very strongly. not saying u are wrong but i hope u also do not c it one-sided. you mentioned u wanted to hear both sides but i feel u have been only trusting what henry says till now. I feel that if fencer only says with no pics to prove then he may be just simply accusing henry but if he is able to produce pics, then maybe u shd also step back and re-think wat henry says as well. what he tells u may not necessary be the whole truth as well. Let's not all put too much emotion into this. ultimately it's a issue between henry and fencer. by shooting everyone who has something to say abt henry is not doing henry good as well.

fencer may be being picky and fussy and unreasonable....this i dunno....but ultimately what every house owner wants is a nice home to be proud of. it is definitely not nice living in a house of defects. I hv already feel that u are going very strong towards fencer and calling his review "story telling"...step back and give a more objective ear to both parties.

my 2 cents. no offence to either party.

Edited by samgalz

my feelings abt the whole situation is that i feel comments are currently very much based on emotion as well from your side. no offence meant but whenever something bad abt henry comes out, you tend to defend him very strongly. not saying u are wrong but i hope u also do not c it one-sided. you mentioned u wanted to hear both sides but i feel u have been only trusting what henry says till now. I feel that if fencer only says with no pics to prove then he may be just simply accusing henry but if he is able to produce pics, then maybe u shd also step back and re-think wat henry says as well. what he tells u may not necessary be the whole truth as well. Let's not all put too much emotion into this. ultimately it's a issue between henry and fencer. by shooting everyone who has something to say abt henry is not doing henry good as well.

fencer may be being picky and fussy and unreasonable....this i dunno....but ultimately what every house owner wants is a nice home to be proud of. it is definitely not nice living in a house of defects. I hv already feel that u are going very strong towards fencer and calling his review "story telling"...step back and give a more objective ear to both parties.

my 2 cents. no offence to either party.

Gal , dun worry me not offend , glad that you been following the whole story , in fact to be truth , I'm one of fencer fan too . His blog is my number 1 visit thread now cos I always want to see if anything "new' happen.

However I disagreed that u mention abt me tend to side Henry whenever fencer mention anything bad . If u re visit fencer thread again , U will notice that I never post stuff against fencer finding nor did I ever doubt abt the defect that fencer post.

However my post is simple and clean cut . There is certain thing that fencer try to hide and was never mention. He only tend to post thing one sided without post the option that henry provide. I just bring it out and he always admit it :)

Talking a bias , if u look carefully on how Fencer "camp" post , u will notice that regardless what Henry do or any other pp post good stuff abt henry , they tend to say some -ve.

However I am really offend by bugetice saying that we are posting fake stuff. Hence I list all the example when one tend to write certain thing in 1 sided to show him.

Daydream case , I never really talk to henry , so I can't comment on that.

And fencer , I totally got no objection when U try to post -Ve comment on Henry . Forum are a place to share , be it good or bad , however I like dislike when people post thing that "they feel" or they anticipate will happen.

Don't think words like "maybe" "possible" is truth ba.

And pp who feel or think that henry will become AS number 2. U think possible ? If Henry really want to all out to cheat money , U think he will start to reject customer when his hand is full ?

And yes , sam, abt yr last point , some time I also find it funny . Y older henner like us got no problem with him and newer henner like hcbing / england also got no issue, why Fencer got so many issue.

so sensitive for what? if i want to tharsh henry or u , i would have stalk all ur threads and starts bashing him..

old time AS customer also have no issue.. then problem starts to surface.. Im not saying henry will become AS

u want to how people in ID note work now?

they make comments like u know my boss henry? he big timer in renotalk now.. etc etc

why i know? i have been there , u gave me their contacts remember?

to me, thats a big no no comment..

Edited by budgetice

Long time never visit our "Henner club" liao...seem like my bro simon is under attack from all sided...

First of all, I will like to say that Simon is a very helpful guy and he tried his very best to help out forumer by introducing good lobang for all of you...like ID Note, Lighting.com etc.

but when the lobang cannot fits into people liking, he end up being call biasing...

I believe all of the henner members including myself had stated in our t-blog the good and bad about henry's work but some of us had more positive comments than the negative ones.

For Fencer case, I had given my opinion in his t-blog and occassionally vsited his blog...any hidden truth? I cannot comments as I have no time to call Henry to verify...but 1 thing for sure, Fencer is more demanding then me...haha.

During my time of renovation, I thought I will be "blacklisted" by Henry as I am chasing him daily for progress and ensure his handover in time before my boy new school term started...

Seriously, I am very grateful that Henry keeps his promise by helping to ensure his subcontractor turned up for work although I must say I do most of the close work monitoring myself to ensure things are done according to my expectation...

In my renovation, Henry's work make up for about 65% as Laminated flooring, electrical work, wall paper and warobe done by other contractors...as such I must ensure that my other contractors will not be delayed by his work.

Due to this common understanding and objective that "You arrange things swee swee, I ensure my payment soon soon" my renovation went on smooth and handed over to me about 2 days before the HO date.

We are still friends now, and I can always be sure that if any problem with the work done, he will response...

Look here, we are customer but we must also be a reasonable customer and dun hold back payment simply because some 5% issues but 95% are done up...they as contractor also need to pay their sub-con and suppliers too...

Anyway, this is just my 1 cent of advice...

Wah...so many posts since I last logged in. My Mio is giving me headaches...sigh. Moving to a new house is giving me even MORE headaches! haha.

Wah...so many posts since I last logged in. My Mio is giving me headaches...sigh. Moving to a new house is giving me even MORE headaches! haha.

Relax bro .... ha ....

But u quite funny .... usually pp like us buy all the furniture way b4 reno start ... lol

Relax bro .... ha ....

But u quite funny .... usually pp like us buy all the furniture way b4 reno start ... lol

haha...no choice lah...tight budget...prioritize loh :P now shopping starts for furniture liao! haha

haha...no choice lah...tight budget...prioritize loh :P now shopping starts for furniture liao! haha

Brother hcbing,

Whoa! That means your house is done up swee swee, congrats!

Do you have a shower kerb in your bathroom or step down as recommended by Henry? What's a step down by the way, I am lost here. Maybe brother simon can shed some light on step down in bathroom.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Brother hcbing,

Do you have a shower kerb in your bathroom or step down as recommended by Henry? What's a step down by the way, I am lost here. Maybe brother simon can shed some light on step down in bathroom.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Haha...moved in a few days back. Stuff still hogging all the space in the living hall...messy :(

We opted for a step-down coz we've installed shower screens for the bathrooms. Basically a step-down would usually mean the floor level of the shower area is lower than the other side of the shower screen (which commonly refers to the dry area). IMHO, it's nice to have :)

Cheers!

Brother hcbing,

Thanks.

Cheers.

Yup as what bro hcbing had mention. I try to take some photo and post it for u over the weekend if I got time :)

Brother hcbing,

Thanks.

Cheers.

Haha...moved in a few days back. Stuff still hogging all the space in the living hall...messy :(

We opted for a step-down coz we've installed shower screens for the bathrooms. Basically a step-down would usually mean the floor level of the shower area is lower than the other side of the shower screen (which commonly refers to the dry area). IMHO, it's nice to have :)

Cheers!

BTW , where is the yrs T-blog ???

1 finish liao , 1 starting I guess .... but i still haven't see any new henner T-blog yet :P

rem to use flickr hor . Thanks in advance