Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coffee_o

2 Storey Coffee Shop

now such tins happens,and it give us an alert not to take things for granted.

Its better to play safe than sorry and don pay more in the progress payment than we should.

Life is a learning stage.

Kopi,so it means more close-watch on the reno for u now?

does it means more upload of picture for your kopi-shop now? :D

yes bro i nvr take this kind of things for granted especially when we paid huge amt of money to do up our "dream" house hahahaha

yes i did went down today to speak to the sub-con tiler and told him abt my tiles but i realised that one of the mosaic was delivered wrongly :curse: had to check again sianz :(

anyway did informed jason abt it and he will check for me based on the sample i gave him.

for the update, they have more or less completed my 2nd floor cement screening to be ready to lay my parquet and the tiler will start tiling my toilets and kitchen by this week so hopefully i can have more pics to show by the end of the week :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yo bro, there's just too many of such lame people around. I see them everyday in the Straits Times Online Forum discussion board, in the Stomp discussion board etc. They only know how to make crude, insensitive, useless and unhelpful remarks, or they appear self-righteous and give comments that shows how 'smart' they are, often overlooking the real point of the letter or matter. It just shows how 'intelligent' these people are, or actually, how cowardly they are (since the anonymous nature of the internet kinda 'empowers' them, when in real life, most won't dare to voice out such comments)!

LOL thats the reason why i gave up on stomp since there're too many bo liao postings inside :lol:

and yes i do agree that there're many keyboard warriors out there who might be a wimps in real life hahahahaha :P

Edited by coffee_o

coffee_o dun worry about what others said...just trust your contractor because after all, you have chosen him. If everything is going smoothly now then dun need to worry too much about it yet, unless got some warning signs coming up (ie unable to contact for a long period of time, fly aeroplane frequently etc) then you can start to take certain precautions...

coffee_o dun worry about what others said...just trust your contractor because after all, you have chosen him. If everything is going smoothly now then dun need to worry too much about it yet, unless got some warning signs coming up (ie unable to contact for a long period of time, fly aeroplane frequently etc) then you can start to take certain precautions...

Thanks angel, so far none of it happen yet, even if he did not answer my calls, he will always return it so i would presume he is driving when i called him :D

i think he 1/2 times uncontactable kopi ady panick liao!haha..

seriously when they ask for more advance $$ then really need to be ALERT liao!

ya man, but so far ok leh started doing tiling and i only paid 40%, is it consider too much ? no right ? :unsure: :unsure:

My house is under renovation and is by Jason. So far, in the net, some people commented that he has a lousy attitude and does not pick up call or return call... Personally, I do not have such an issue with him most of the time.

So far, I can only remembered that he did not pick up my call for only 1-2 times out of the many calls I made to him... Normally, when he did not pick up the phone, I will call him back in an hour or two and will normally get through. Therefore, I think he maybe busy at that point time and maybe doing something (example, on the road and etc) and therefore is not able to return a call.

Personally, i do not find his attitude a problem to me at the moment yet. i think if you talk nicely to him, he will too respond nicely to you. And I can see that he is those people who 吃软不吃硬 people.

I think it is not right to link Jason and Ah Soon together as they two separate individuals. I guess the best way out for those who are worried, is to call Jason and talk to him directly about Ah Soon's case and get some assurance from him.

Lastly, this is what I feel: Don't SMS him, call him and talk to him. It is more effective. :D

My house is under renovation and is by Jason. So far, in the net, some people commented that he has a lousy attitude and does not pick up call or return call... Personally, I do not have such an issue with him most of the time.

So far, I can only remembered that he did not pick up my call for only 1-2 times out of the many calls I made to him... Normally, when he did not pick up the phone, I will call him back in an hour or two and will normally get through. Therefore, I think he maybe busy at that point time and maybe doing something (example, on the road and etc) and therefore is not able to return a call.

Personally, i do not find his attitude a problem to me at the moment yet. i think if you talk nicely to him, he will too respond nicely to you. And I can see that he is those people who 吃软不吃硬 people.

I think it is not right to link Jason and Ah Soon together as they two separate individuals. I guess the best way out for those who are worried, is to call Jason and talk to him directly about Ah Soon's case and get some assurance from him.

Lastly, this is what I feel: Don't SMS him, call him and talk to him. It is more effective. :D

eh bro i'm confused are you rainbowgal's hubby ? :unsure:

or he is renovating both rainbowguy's house and rainbowgal's house ? :unsure: :unsure:

bro kopi, u buying 707 heater? found 1 place selling the protek for $205...

Thanks bro for the info but i already bought my storage and instant heater liao :D

since both my 2nd floor toilet has rain shower, i only bought one instant heater for my 1st floor toilet nia :D

eh bro i'm confused are you rainbowgal's hubby ? :unsure:

or he is renovating both rainbowguy's house and rainbowgal's house ? :unsure: :unsure:

The rainbow shines on the gal and transform her to the "rainbowgal"!

From my previous meetings with him, I feel he's honest, simple, and is quite chin chai. I could have chosen him but I decided to use another contractor recommended by a friend. Anyway, don't SMS him cos last time when I did, he called back and said he doesn't understand what I wrote! Apparently his English isn't that good so just call and talk to him. Given his tight schedule, missing some calls is the norm as my contractor is also like that.

From my previous meetings with him, I feel he's honest, simple, and is quite chin chai. I could have chosen him but I decided to use another contractor recommended by a friend. Anyway, don't SMS him cos last time when I did, he called back and said he doesn't understand what I wrote! Apparently his English isn't that good so just call and talk to him. Given his tight schedule, missing some calls is the norm as my contractor is also like that.

thanks bro for speaking up to jason, at least you're more objective unlike some ppl here

moreover from the way some ppl says, it seems that they're able to guarantee ppl will nvr encountered problems when engaging expensive ID companies but from what i read in some blog that doesnt seems to be the case leh :rolleyes: so why penalise on jason alone ?

anyway i decided to give it a rest since ppl got the right to be mature or childish and bias or objective in their comments :)

thanks bro for speaking up to jason, at least you're more objective unlike some ppl here

moreover from the way some ppl says, it seems that they're able to guarantee ppl will nvr encountered problems when engaging expensive ID companies but from what i read in some blog that doesnt seems to be the case leh :rolleyes: so why penalise on jason alone ?

anyway i decided to give it a rest since ppl got the right to be mature or childish and bias or objective in their comments :)

Yeah bro cheap doesn't means bad but expensive doesn't means sure-good either! From the various experiences I've read about, each and every renovation has its own hiccups somehow. It's also about one's expectations of the contractor or ID. My own contractor is helpful and quite chin chai, but there were some areas which were not up to our expectations but we just have to accept, give and take.

Jason has his pros and cons. But you know lah, there are people out there who just wanna 'bash' him and 无中生有 or 火上加油 just cos he's Ah Soon's brother. There will be always such people. We'll just ignore them and not be distracted. ;)