Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
synapse

When Will The Crazy Hdb Prices Go Down?

Have been looking for a 3 or 4 rm hdb in hougang for the past few mths w/o much luck. cov asking is simply not worth (e.g 20k for low floor, need total reno). no hope of getting a flat anytime soon it seems (unless choose ulu areas?)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yah i agree...hdb prices are crazy!

My own estimate is that compared to 2007, 4R in Pasir Ris has gone up by abt 80K :o

80K....it takes me a decade to save this much....maybe longer....haiz

I feel that as a buyer i dun have much choice though....either i buy now or there's every chance of HDB prices going up further.

1) Influx of PRs who buy HDB cos its makes better sense than renting long term

2) Ubelievable condominium prices for recent launches...AMK avg $1100 psf?!! >>>Spillover effect on HDB prices

3) All this price hike due to local demand without factoring in global investors in the high-end property market which may come in within the next year >>> thus driving up property prices further

And i really cant think of much that will cos a downward revision in price so I dun dare to take a risk and just wait for prices to come down.

I think government should just build more HDB flats....but its too late even if they do that immed.

1) its going to take 2-3 years to build new flats, and i cant wait that long

2) BTO priced according to market too, so prices has gone up too

3) BTO subject to balloting, if cant get within the year, the next year round if market prices continue upwards then new BTO peices continue to be priced higher too

Ridiculous. I've been helping a friend look at Clementi 5 Rooms and the valuation is already between 500k to 570k. Asking at least 30k to 70k above the valuation. It's a seller's market.

Just view one unit at Tampines - 5room with val $388K seller asking $469K - 81K cov????? normal deco.

what does the block number start with? Now Tampines selling price is so high meh??

My block is at 40x, I've been checking the HDB selling price, 5rm at only $380k+ for block that is like 401 opp library

the house is actually a Jumbo unit, 5mins to MRT.

Yesterday I just view a unit at block 43x for temp rental, the owner has just sold his EA for abt $450k ley

what does the block number start with? Now Tampines selling price is so high meh??

My block is at 40x, I've been checking the HDB selling price, 5rm at only $380k+ for block that is like 401 opp library

the house is actually a Jumbo unit, 5mins to MRT.

Yesterday I just view a unit at block 43x for temp rental, the owner has just sold his EA for abt $450k ley

they are fishing for suckers :)

ask them go :paint:

tell u all, if u wait further more it will confirm burn a bigger hole in your wallet, loan, CPF and piggy banks. the reasons why? becoz our friendly gov says they need to have more influx of foreigners to make up for the short fall of pple. next yr and next next yr, when the 2 IRs open, do u all think demand will go up? some pple who have converted to PRs will simply buy a flat, and pay for the COV.

So in my opinion, i don't think it will go down. will only go up somemore

tell u all, if u wait further more it will confirm burn a bigger hole in your wallet, loan, CPF and piggy banks. the reasons why? becoz our friendly gov says they need to have more influx of foreigners to make up for the short fall of pple. next yr and next next yr, when the 2 IRs open, do u all think demand will go up? some pple who have converted to PRs will simply buy a flat, and pay for the COV.

So in my opinion, i don't think it will go down. will only go up somemore

That's a good point!

Have been looking for a 3 or 4 rm hdb in hougang for the past few mths w/o much luck. cov asking is simply not worth (e.g 20k for low floor, need total reno). no hope of getting a flat anytime soon it seems (unless choose ulu areas?)

Wulu areas like woodlands etc is also no hope. Those units we viewed these weeks (2nd floor to 4th floor) are also asking for 30K-50K cov when we viewed them :unsure:

Edited by forgotten

Wulu areas like woodlands etc is also no hope. Those units we viewed these weeks (2nd floor to 4th floor) are also asking for 30K-50K cov when we viewed them :unsure:

**Eyes wide open**! really! i thou the friendly Mr Mah says cheaper options can be available, if you choose further away from town, how's that for that certain Mr Mah? i thou all along woodlands suppossed to be slightly cheaper leh... :o

**Eyes wide open**! really! i thou the friendly Mr Mah says cheaper options can be available, if you choose further away from town, how's that for that certain Mr Mah? i thou all along woodlands suppossed to be slightly cheaper leh... :o

It's natural that sellers want to sell as high as possible, buyers want to buy as low as possible. Who will hiam too much $$ haha?