Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Joel Ng

Be Careful With This Furniture Shop

i had very bad experience with this company Silver Rxxxx

earlier, i had bought a $1200 sofa from this company (from salesgirls A) after seeing their advertisment in the newspaper, my 2nd trip there purchase a $600 TV console, while my 3nd trip here to look for a dining table, i had saw a dining table which we like very much cost $1200 but the design will not be compatible with the sofa which we had bought earlier, we ask the sales girl B (salesgirl A was serving other customer at that time) that we would like to change the sofa to another model and puchase the dinning table, even through the sofa had not been delivered or special indent for us, we had even offer to purchase a sofa which are more expensive than b4, salegirl A rejected our request thru salesgirl B, dun even bother to answer my call when i look for her to discuss.

even through our request was not agreed, we decided to proceed with the dining table since we had went to many shop and couldn't find anything we like.

next, their office did not arrange for my delivery for my TV console and dining table even through the salesgirl B had put down the date beside the invoice no , their reply was that i had put down ASAP on the delivery date, knn, they dun even called up asking for date since they claim i had put ASAP on the invoice, after we had agreed to postpone the delivery date since they claim could not arrange it for next day,

next day, i had received called from salesgirl B again, she asking if they can arrange 3 weeks later as they got no stock, i was very pissed off since i had already wait for 4 weeks for the stock to arrive. I told her NO, and her reply was unless i willing to accept the display set which are not in very good condition. FK up, no choice i just wait for another 3 week for both of them to arrive.

Glad that our dining table and TV console finally arrived, i had check thru everything and the condition are acceptable,

after 2nd day, i saw some scatches (not those deep scatches) which was not there during the first day, i believe they appear only after we had start using the table, this so called marble table couldn't even withstand normal usage, i had called the salesgirl B again to talk about this problem and demand they sent someone down to check, she agree to talk to her office to arrange for her ppl to come down to check, 2nd day, her office called up my wife claiming they will not sent anyone down as THIS is our fault, we had SCRATCH the table on our own, my wife FK her until she slam down the phone and said will get back to her again, without any response the next day, i called the salesgirl B again, she said she still waiting for her manager to reply agreed to contact me soonest, today, she called me again and said her office still claim I am the one who had SCRATCH the table but will still arrange someone to come down and TEACH us how to maintained this table, I FK her outside down and ask her, YOUR OFFICE HAD NOT EVEN COME DOWN TO CHECK HOW WOULD YOU KNOW I AM THE ONE WHO HAD SCATCH IT??? PROOF IT TO ME AND I WILL ACCEPT IT WILLINGLY. she nodd... i continue, I AM KIND ENOUGH AND DID NOT REQUEST YOU TO SENT SOMEONE DOWN IMMEDIATELY, I WILL GIVE YOU 2 WEEK TO ARRANGE FOR SOMEONE SINCE YOU CLAIM YOUR OFFICE ARE SHORTAGE OF PPL(LAME EXCUSE)IF YOU DID NOT ARRANGE, I WILL COME DOWN AND LOOK FOR YOU, I TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY....

Today they sent someone to see the table, just as expected, the worker bring along a car wax, spend less than 5 minute and say cannot help, said all customer bought this table got this problem...

This is a stupid way of handling a customer, i am sure this company will lose not only my business in the future and also all my friend and relative...

Edited by joemit7850

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

earlier, i had bought a $1200 sofa from this company (from salesgirls A) after seeing their advertisment in the newspaper, my 2nd trip there purchase a $600 TV console, while my 3nd trip here to look for a dining table, i had saw a dining table which we like very much cost $1200 but the design will not be compatible with the sofa which we had bought earlier, we ask the sales girl B (salesgirl A was serving other customer at that time) that we would like to change the sofa to another model and puchase the dinning table, even through the sofa had not been delivered or special indent for us, we had even offer to purchase a sofa which are more expensive than b4, salegirl A rejected our request thru salesgirl B, dun even bother to answer my call when i look for her to discuss.

even through our request was not agreed, we decided to proceed with the dining table since we had went to many shop and couldn't find anything we like.

next, their office did not arrange for my delivery for my TV console and dining table even through the salesgirl B had put down the date beside the invoice no , their reply was that i had put down ASAP on the delivery date, knn, they dun even called up asking for date since they claim i had put ASAP on the invoice, after we had agreed to postpone the delivery date since they claim could not arrange it for next day,

next day, i had received called from salesgirl B again, she asking if they can arrange 3 weeks later as they got no stock, i was very pissed off since i had already wait for 4 weeks for the stock to arrive. I told her NO, and her reply was unless i willing to accept the display set which are not in very good condition. FK up, no choice i just wait for another 3 week for both of them to arrive.

Glad that our dining table and TV console finally arrived, i had check thru everything and the condition are acceptable,

after 2nd day, i saw some scatches (not those deep scatches) which was not there during the first day, i believe they appear only after we had start using the table, this so called marble table couldn't even withstand normal usage, i had called the salesgirl B again to talk about this problem and demand they sent someone down to check, she agree to talk to her office to arrange for her ppl to come down to check, 2nd day, her office called up my wife claiming they will not sent anyone down as THIS is our fault, we had SCRATCH the table on our own, my wife FK her until she slam down the phone and said will get back to her again, without any response the next day, i called the salesgirl B again, she said she still waiting for her manager to reply agreed to contact me soonest, today, she called me again and said her office still claim I am the one who had SCRATCH the table but will still arrange someone to come down and TEACH us how to maintained this table, I FK her outside down and ask her, YOUR OFFICE HAD NOT EVEN COME DOWN TO CHECK HOW WOULD YOU KNOW I AM THE ONE WHO HAD SCATCH IT??? PROOF IT TO ME AND I WILL ACCEPT IT WILLINGLY. she nodd... i continue, I AM KIND ENOUGH AND DID NOT REQUEST YOU TO SENT SOMEONE DOWN IMMEDIATELY, I WILL GIVE YOU 2 WEEK TO ARRANGE FOR SOMEONE SINCE YOU CLAIM YOUR OFFICE ARE SHORTAGE OF PPL(LAME EXCUSE)IF YOU DID NOT ARRANGE, I WILL COME DOWN AND LOOK FOR YOU, I TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY....

Today they sent someone to see the table, just as expected, the worker bring along a car wax, spend less than 5 minute and say cannot help, said all customer bought this table got this problem...

This is a stupid way of handling a customer, i am sure this company will lose not only my business in the future and also all my friend and relative...

Yes I agreed with you sometime as a consumer we do feel frustrated too but I see no point screaming at them as they just a sales person and they have limited position to make a say and got to go thru proper channel, I'm in sales line too and we also face the problem that the management doesn't seem to agree with salesman too. Got to be patience and hold your cool.

Yes I agreed with you sometime as a consumer we do feel frustrated too but I see no point screaming at them as they just a sales person and they have limited position to make a say and got to go thru proper channel, I'm in sales line too and we also face the problem that the management doesn't seem to agree with salesman too. Got to be patience and hold your cool.

i also in sales line as well, i am angry not cos of salegirl B, i know she tried to help but hand are tight cause of the management, i angry cos the manager push all the blame on me instead of trying to help

i also in sales line as well, i am angry not cos of salegirl B, i know she tried to help but hand are tight cause of the management, i angry cos the manager push all the blame on me instead of trying to help

Sad to be saying this but you were not the first and wont be the last....

i find that you are the type of customer who are hard to please and think your money is super big.

Look, you admit the scratch wont there when you received it, and it appeared thereafter. So what can you complain about ? Obviously it is due to your own usage which caused the scratch, and you want them to be responsible ? Where got product that covers damage due to own misuse one ? Even if it is a marble table, if you scratch it, it is your problem. Just a small scratch and you spoil the company's name like that as if it is a rogue shop. At least they attended to you already, what else are you not satisfied with ? And you are the one being nasty here. I am sure many forumers feel the same about you, just that they keep quiet about it only.

Some customers just are very ngeow and self centred... tsk tsk.

i find that you are the type of customer who are hard to please and think your money is super big.

Look, you admit the scratch wont there when you received it, and it appeared thereafter. So what can you complain about ? Obviously it is due to your own usage which caused the scratch, and you want them to be responsible ? Where got product that covers damage due to own misuse one ? Even if it is a marble table, if you scratch it, it is your problem. Just a small scratch and you spoil the company's name like that as if it is a rogue shop. At least they attended to you already, what else are you not satisfied with ? And you are the one being nasty here. I am sure many forumers feel the same about you, just that they keep quiet about it only.

Some customers just are very ngeow and self centred... tsk tsk.

small scratch??? have u saw the "small scratch" ??? that's show the table are so fragile that we got to put a table cloth to protect the table, so ironic.....

and well i havn't not even tell you that the sales girl had even swap my credit card twice for same purchase.

well i cannot deny that they might be ppl who will think diff as me, some ppl like yourself think i neow or created trouble ,

that's because you are not in this shoe yet, let's hope that you will not will face this problem next time.

and if you are thinking my propose for telling everyone here are to spoil that company name, i shall keep my mouth shut now since my warning to you are not appreciated.

Edited by joemit7850

small scratch??? have u saw the "small scratch" ??? that's show the table are so fragile that we got to put a table cloth to protect the table, so ironic.....

and well i havn't not even tell you that the sales girl had even swap my credit card twice for same purchase.

well i cannot deny that they might be ppl who will think diff as me, some ppl like yourself think i neow or created trouble ,

that's because you are not in this shoe yet, let's hope that you will not will face this problem next time.

and if you are thinking my propose for telling everyone here are to spoil that company name, i shall keep my mouth shut now since my warning to you are not appreciated.

what's done is done. now should see if can rectify the problem. if it's really marble, there are products out there that can remove fine scratches. i think bigger handy shops will have this. only thing is you will need a lot of arm strength and patience.

Dining table tops are difficult to maintain. Even with glass top, after a while, scratches appear.

Joemit, i sympthasie with you, my only bad experience with Silver is their bad quality furniture. bought a wardrobe from them the cheapest at $399 a few yrs old, have to top up another $100 for changing to another colour, after that top up another delivery charge at $50. so the cheap wardrobe is not so cheap after all. okie, then i used the wardrobe for about roughly 1 & a half yrs, the whole wardrobe door came tumbling down and whitish spots started to appear in the wardrobe too. so the quality is like............ very bad. wouldn't advise anyone to buy, so poor quality

I hope is the last. It's really frustrating if you expect a good quality product but they will only give you a trash.

I hope there will be thread here that post all the list of the worst shop out there.

--------------------

canopy beds

Is this a marble or granite table? Marble surface is very prone to scratches. I think this is quite common. Sometimes, I feel the local customer service is pretty horrible. Not because our money is very big but I feel every salesman must know their products well. I have seen some great salesmen who give very good advise to customers whereas some just want to get that piece of furniture out and earn some commission.

Sad to say, the knowledge of local salesman is average. If you have been to Japan, you should see their level of customer service. They just show pride in their work

Edited by htng

hi..

Thanks for give a use full detail for a bad company..

Thanks

That is a good idea. If we consumers get together and inform each other of the bad business ethics of the offending company, they will have to close shop soon.

Hi joemit,

Just happen to read your thread which remind me of my experience.

My wife I just went down to that company this afternoon, after seeing their ad in the paper. We were approached by a 40+ yr old man who asked us politely what we need. When we told him that we are just browsing to look for idea as we will only get our flat in 3-6 months' time, he suddenly changed his tone. But he still followed us as we combed thru 1st floor into the bedding area. When I asked him "can i lie down to feel the mattress?', he replied "can...but no point u feel now....u wont buy now wat".....although surprised by his reply, I chose to ignore him and continue with other mattress. All the while this uncle is following us so afterwards i ask him another time whether he has storage bed as my wife prefers it.....he replied "this one have lor (while pointing to a bed frame next to me)", then i asked "how do u open?"...he just simply said "of course u pull up lah" while he just stood there and waiting for me to finally find the finger opening and pull it up myself.

At that point my wife signal to me to just leave......which we did in less than 5 sec.

We visited 7 other furniture stores today and while all salespersons obviously disappointed knowing we are not buying on the spot, nobody can rival the "courtesy" of SILVER Rxxxx......looking at your experience with other 2 salesgirls, it seems like that is the acceptable attitude in this company.....i will surely inform my friends to visit this place only if they 1) looking for cheap stuff with cheaper workmanship standard and 2) need some blood rush to wake up :P

I did not buy from Silver but i can totally empathasize with u . I did not have a good experience with ***. I feel that these furniture shops attitude is like "i already sold u very cheap, so u stop being fussy and make full payment and quietly wait for delivery date". They had totally forgotten wat is service or the power of internet and forums.

Prob to them, jus getting the sales done once with a customer is more impt than having a good reputation. Apparently, they are r short sighted.