Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gantan88

My 3ng - Starting My Life Anew

how much did you buy that tap for? i got something similar for $9 from IMM's Asia Excel.

i think it's quite odd for your plumber to fix his own tap for you... i guess he didn't ask you where's the w/m tap...

think you should ask him to replace the tap. or you DIY it. remember to turn off the water before replacing :D rather a waste for you to keep your tap unused since you already bought it.

those 4 holes look like screw holes. maybe you need to use screws to secure it. i dunno, my w/m pipe can be screwed directly into my w/m tap.

I got it at $7 at Summer...

Ya, i will ask the plumber to replace it...

But still there is no way for the pipe/hose to attach to the tap securely, except to force it in...

I think i may have accidentlally throw one part away when moving house... oh.....

think have to get a new hose....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Today's work:

Morning, eleectrician came and fix up the power point at the kitchen cabinet. His job is done after this. I asked him to help me fix up my clothes ceiling mount hook at the kitchen.

After he left, everyone come almost at the same time.

Plumber to fix up the kitchen sink and tap. They left. I forget to tell them toliet tap is leaking.

Kitchen sink mounted abit slanted....

Painter came to finish up the remaining works.. now still doing....

Plastering guy came and saw away part of the ceiling partition for my kitchen entrance and put the woods (needed as a support for mounting my glass door track). They previously add the wood at the wrong place.

Also discuss about the partition which which was done at wrong dimension.

I got it at $7 at Summer...

Ya, i will ask the plumber to replace it...

But still there is no way for the pipe/hose to attach to the tap securely, except to force it in...

I think i may have accidentlally throw one part away when moving house... oh.....

think have to get a new hose....

ya $7 seems more reasonable, i bought it at $9 at IMM so didn't expect it to be a good buy :P

this is how my tap looks like, with W/M hose attached.

42822195.jpg

yes, i think you need to get another hose.

Today's work:

Morning, eleectrician came and fix up the power point at the kitchen cabinet. His job is done after this. I asked him to help me fix up my clothes ceiling mount hook at the kitchen.

After he left, everyone come almost at the same time.

Plumber to fix up the kitchen sink and tap. They left. I forget to tell them toliet tap is leaking.

Kitchen sink mounted abit slanted....

Painter came to finish up the remaining works.. now still doing....

Plastering guy came and saw away part of the ceiling partition for my kitchen entrance and put the woods (needed as a support for mounting my glass door track). They previously add the wood at the wrong place.

Also discuss about the partition which which was done at wrong dimension.

leaking taps are quite common, i had a leaky one too.

how can kitchen sink be mounted slanted?! never use the water level ruler? make sure that when you drain the sink after filling it up, the water doesn't accumulate at one corner.

hope you're using the nippon odourless paint since you have already moved in. it has low VOC (volatile organic compound) so it's safer for your family.

how can kitchen sink be mounted slanted?! never use the water level ruler? make sure that when you drain the sink after filling it up, the water doesn't accumulate at one corner.

hope you're using the nippon odourless paint since you have already moved in. it has low VOC (volatile organic compound) so it's safer for your family.

Kitchen sink slanted.. means, u sort of like put the sink on the hole (top mount), then u rotate it. So it is slanted on the x-axis, not the y-axis.

Yes it is odourless, but i still smell something, and it makes me nauseous. Dunno why....

I just found out that my contractor went to Thailand. Never inform me also. My kitchen entrance partition wall and glass door dimension doesnt match, he also not aware, lucky i go and take measurement then i realise.

Then from the sales guy i know that he is quitting the company. WTF.

I just came to learnt that the person monitoring my site work is dismissed from the company. Maybe that is y he has gone to Thailand.

My partition wall and glass door confirm after CNY then do.

My guess is he screwed up big time, not just my house, but other people houses as well.

I am lucky as my impact to CNY is considered minimal. But it has been coming 2.5 months since my reno started work. And it is is only a 3 room.

If i hasn't make noise along the way... i guess i can't even move in on time.... must sleep void deck already.

Updated my signature... my contractor company. Anyone same company as me?

i didnt follow up all ur blog,only some..how much is your total over-haul ah?

my gauge is 20k

my gauge is 20k

Rondy and Ossify,

I have not do the final sum, but it should hover around 25 to 26k region.

Consist of all infrastructure works:

Hack, tile and laminate flooring,

cabling works (elect and water),

carpentry (kitchen cabinet only),

painting and plastering

change all doors and windows in house (less louvre windows in toilet),

Ceiling works,

did i miss out any? um..

edited:

+ kitchen partition wall and glass door

Edited by gantan88

U think i DIY like u ah...... :rolleyes:

:o

if DIY like me, won't be 20k :D

15k enough :D

i didn't notice any glassworks in your house

:o

if DIY like me, won't be 20k :D

15k enough :D

i didn't notice any glassworks in your house

Oh yes, i miss out the kitchen entrance partition wall and sliding glass door also.

But this have to be done after CNY.

Cos when they come to install the glass door, they realise that there is no wood support inside the partition wall to support the glass door track.

So they left the glass in my house and left.

After work i got home curse and swear becoz only 1 week away from CNY.

Then i took the chance to measure the width of the glass door and the partition wall. Difference of 8 inches (sticking out from the doorway from each side - i know they did it wrongly, highlight to them - they say too late. CNY - all workers left.

WTF...

ya $7 seems more reasonable, i bought it at $9 at IMM so didn't expect it to be a good buy :P

this is how my tap looks like, with W/M hose attached.

42822195.jpg

yes, i think you need to get another hose.

Just an update, i got the w/m tap and hose problem solved. Go hardware shop buy the connector to fit it in. No need buy the whole hose...

End result looks similar to yours. With the new connector, just screw it into the tap.

Just an update, i got the w/m tap and hose problem solved. Go hardware shop buy the connector to fit it in. No need buy the whole hose...

End result looks similar to yours. With the new connector, just screw it into the tap.

post pic pls :D

post pic pls :D

I using mobile BB now, only 1MB bandwidth download... upload got problem leh....

where else can i upload my file? Currently i using photobucket.com...