Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gantan88

My 3ng - Starting My Life Anew

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, do you intend to do a major revamp on yr new place. Yr floor plan is exactly the same for my old hse, let me know if you wanna see my old hse before hand over to the new owner, alot of goodies over there lolz. I would prefer to coordinate on my own but before you do that, compare all the prices.

Heya Gantan.

Your layout looks pretty good and easy to work with.

One of the ways to create a more spacious effect is to break down the wall between kitchen and living area and have an open concept.

You could do an L-shape kitchen counter too and save the back (where the basin is now) for your washing machine and dustbin.

Just to note, you'd most likely find that the air-con trunking and pipes will have alot of criss-crossing at the passageway between the store and 2 bedrooms so can explore false ceiling to conceal those. :)

Hi New,

Sorry, i abit slow leh haha. Actually i have one more clock even more retro than this, even older design, in the storeroom, i believe still working, runs on electricity one but didnt use it. :)

Edited by gantan88

Hi, do you intend to do a major revamp on yr new place. Yr floor plan is exactly the same for my old hse, let me know if you wanna see my old hse before hand over to the new owner, alot of goodies over there lolz. I would prefer to coordinate on my own but before you do that, compare all the prices.

Hi blackcar,

Yes, i have to do a total revamp. The existing condition really *shake head*. Decided to go for a designer for this time, for my reno, if there is even a chance, maybe i 'll try engaging conractors...

Got what goodies ah? Decor items is it? :)

Edited by gantan88

Heya Gantan.

Your layout looks pretty good and easy to work with.

One of the ways to create a more spacious effect is to break down the wall between kitchen and living area and have an open concept.

You could do an L-shape kitchen counter too and save the back (where the basin is now) for your washing machine and dustbin.

Just to note, you'd most likely find that the air-con trunking and pipes will have alot of criss-crossing at the passageway between the store and 2 bedrooms so can explore false ceiling to conceal those. :)

Yo Adrian. Yes, i have seen lotsa ppl breaking down the wall btw living rm and kitchen, but subjected to HDB approval leh... sigh... i hope can hack! I actually stayed in 3-rm for more than a decade before, so the layout is not new to me also. But back then the condition is really original, from HDB. Really want to do something different now to have a fresh start in everything. Including the position and orientation of my furnitures! Thanks for the advice yah! Conceal yr those trunkings and cables. :)

Edited by gantan88

really meh?then where is the green wall?show me the green wall. :P

so u bot this unit from mocca.com ah? :D

the green wall hor... i dunno la... maybe he has painted the wall with another colour le :D:D:D

Frankly, i have never assessed mocca.com, dun like it :D

Does anyone know whether is it a must to get Singtel to do the telephone point and starhub to do the SCV/Tv points?

Can my contractors do it?

I read somewhere, it says that by getting Starhub to do the SCV points, Starhub technicians has the tools to test the strength of the signal and all that. Wherea asking my contractor to do it, there is no mean to check.

Advice pls!! :)

Edited by gantan88

Does anyone know whether is it a must to get Singtel to do the telephone point and starhub to do the SCV/Tv points?

Can my contractors do it?

I read somewhere, it says that by getting Starhub to do the SCV points, Starhub technicians has the tools to test the strength of the signal and all that. Wherea asking my contractor to do it, there is no mean to check.

Advice pls!! :)

if i am not wrong, starhub only come down to activate the ports and test the signal strength. do update on this again as my new place will need to add in a new scv point all the way to the utility room :) quite a distance i should say.

If I'm not wrong, your contractor should be able to lay the scv points for you but if you got more than 4 scv points in your house, starhub will have to come down and test the signal.

Hi blackcar,

Yes, i have to do a total revamp. The existing condition really *shake head*. Decided to go for a designer for this time, for my reno, if there is even a chance, maybe i 'll try engaging conractors...

Got what goodies ah? Decor items is it? :)

Nah, the usual stuffs, walk-in wardrobe, kitchen cabinets, study table set at the kitchen area, small portion of foyer at the living room, shower screen etc.

Your house pics, kitchen and toilet all looks the same as mine. so original! but then my concrete stove is on the right hand side. looking forward to your transformation pics!

Hi New,

Sorry, i abit slow leh haha. Actually i have one more clock even more retro than this, even older design, in the storeroom, i believe still working, runs on electricity one but didnt use it. :)

eh u bad la... 吊我的口味!

show me show me!

lagi best is give me... hehe....