Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhiz

Lessons From The Id Selection Process

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

key is set your own budget first. then speak to a few id to get ideas from them. they are the best ppl to talk as they have more experience. of course at the end of day their advise must make sense.

for your kitchen wall tiles, you can overlay them but this is provided your wall tiles wouldnt pop out in future. to remove wall tiles and expecting it not to damage kitchen cabinet might be a little tough.

for flooring might be better leave to your id as a lot of coordination has to be done if you wanna diy and coordinate yourself.

Zhiz

Can PM me your ID's contact? I just started the shortlisting process. Thank you very much.

Edited by ladygeorgette

Hi, I have been talking to my IDs/ contractors for about a month now without confirming any. Main reason being pricing and layout and the worry that the quotes are not accurate resulting in VOs...

Can I ask if it's normal, or do most people out there take lesser time to confirm?

Hi, I have been talking to my IDs/ contractors for about a month now without confirming any. Main reason being pricing and layout and the worry that the quotes are not accurate resulting in VOs...

Can I ask if it's normal, or do most people out there take lesser time to confirm?

some people takes longer, some shorter. depending on whether you have keys already or not. if you have your keys already, then the quote will be more accurate as you can see all pipes and beams if you want to box up and hide them. but if only based on floor plan, then there will be some VO which should not be a lot if you no need to box up if during reno you don't want VO.

Thanks May_dream1!

I have gotten my keys.. but not sure if ID is quoting based on on-site or just floor plan :(

did you ask your ID to go on site? if go on site, then sure will be more accurate loh... i also have the same worry but then my contractor went with me to the flat (with seller approval) and did a lot of measurement. so my reno is quite accurate, the only VO is because i wanted some additional box up which i told you just now.

once reno start, then those places you thought you can live with it without box up, you will want to box up too... hehehe... so will have VO on these.

did you ask your ID to go on site? if go on site, then sure will be more accurate loh... i also have the same worry but then my contractor went with me to the flat (with seller approval) and did a lot of measurement. so my reno is quite accurate, the only VO is because i wanted some additional box up which i told you just now.

once reno start, then those places you thought you can live with it without box up, you will want to box up too... hehehe... so will have VO on these.

May_dream1, he did come to my house, but din take much measurements...

May_dream1, he did come to my house, but din take much measurements...

then get a few more to compare. have you sign the contract? if not, try to get more contractors and you will know who is giving you accurate quote based on sqf or pfr.

I guess that's the reason for me starting my thread, to share what I went through.

After sieving out the ridiculously priced id, I asked the remaining id to show me completed work.

I observed not just the reno but relationship of owner and id. Plus friend recommendation n seeing her completed work, I chose my Id this way

Outcome was smooth reno process n prompt response and retification and at a good prIce

Hi Zhiz,

Im getting my keys in a couple of mths. Searching for reliable ID. Could you pls PM me your ID? Thx.

Hi smart_user,

Im getting my keys in a couple of mths. Searching for reliable ID. Could you pls PM me your ID? Thx.

To all who PMed me for a peep into my kitchen and dining, here they are:

316655_2378878904826_1036236163_32694002_1973951723_n.jpg

302306_2378875984753_1036236163_32693996_777385525_n.jpg

Kitchen's original wall facing the dining area was hacked off and cooking area extended. Hope the photos show up here...cheers

I will pm you.

It has been good so far as she is a lady and can attend to my wife's request easily cos she is more emphatic. I cannot imagine if its a male ID handling my wife demands. haha

Hiya can you share with me yr ID contact? Is yr ID good?

Thanks

Yours looks good, mine was slightly different:

10% on signing of contract

40% after finished hacking

25% commencement of wet works (but actual payment was in the midst of wet works)

20% upon completion of carpentry work

5% after handover (1 week afer i moved in)

Hiya is yr id/contractor good? Can share with me yr contact?

Thanks