Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhiz

Lessons From The Id Selection Process

I trusted my ID and I paid them almost 80% at the start of the job and I didnt have any problem at all. In fact, they sped up the job for me and I was very pleased with their works and high quality of materials. Their attention to detail is very good as they're used to doing a lot of mid-upp class jobs. However, their fees are very reasonable and I was indeed surprised to see my unit featured in their tastefully done website.

I guess one has to do enough homeworks b4 engaging their contractors. Paying them more than what they should be getting progressively is ok if enough trust has been built among you. Not all ID/Contractors are basta*ds...well, at least I know mine wasn't. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them to anyone at all. Cheers

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Smart_user,

under the contract with my ID, we also have to pay up to 95% before most of the works will be completed because the bulk of my works is all carpentry. although I already know the clauses of the contract and sign willingly, I am sort of having 2nd thoughts of this whole payment terms...sigh!! can only hope for the best. He has not started work. He went holiday after we signed on the dotted line. We are putting all our trust on him.

Praying for everything to be shun shun...

now you feel like you are being squeezed down there. But how much have you already paid up?

Since you sign already, then no choice lor. you have to honor.

been a while since i posted. Any more ideas and input for id selection process, kindly share with everyone here!

Hi Zhiz, can you also share your ID with me? I just started my process of searching for a reno contractor/ID.

Thanks! :D

Hi Zhiz, can you PM me your ID as well? Thks.

Actually when u approach an ID, what are they supposed to provide to you other than the quotation and what will be done? Will they provide some drawing or something to help you visualize how the whole thing is supposed to look like?

Most of the time, ID do not provide you with design.

Mostly discussion about what can be done, what ideas they can provide so that he/she can come up with a more accurate quote.

I trusted my ID and I paid them almost 80% at the start of the job and I didnt have any problem at all. In fact, they sped up the job for me and I was very pleased with their works and high quality of materials. Their attention to detail is very good as they're used to doing a lot of mid-upp class jobs. However, their fees are very reasonable and I was indeed surprised to see my unit featured in their tastefully done website.

I guess one has to do enough homeworks b4 engaging their contractors. Paying them more than what they should be getting progressively is ok if enough trust has been built among you. Not all ID/Contractors are basta*ds...well, at least I know mine wasn't. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them to anyone at all. Cheers

Hi Smart_User, I'm currently looking for a ID. Can you PM me the contact for your ID? Thanks!

Hi all,

I've received quite a few PM asking me to share the pictures of my condo. I'm just wondering how to post them here (or am I allowed to)? Can anyone help me? Thanks

Cheers