Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
catseyes2004sg

Cosy Small Home In North East

i tot of getting a lappy,heard window 7 release liao,anyone here use it before?!

a number of us is reviewing it now and till now the result has been promising :)

a word of advice dun get a lappy now, wait till new lappy which is deisgned to work with win 7

cos if you do that the price of the current hardware lappy price will drop drastically and most of the company do provide OS upgrade by purchasing win 7 for abt USD30 nia so it's more worthwhile

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i tot of getting a lappy,heard window 7 release liao,anyone here use it before?!

if u are getting a windows pc/laptop, go for windows 7. if you've used vista before, 7 will run a lot smoother.

I also eyeing to buy a new lappy/pc at Sitex.

Wan to ask the IT expects here for advise...I am currently using Singtel broadband using ADSL modem and cable.

But for my new place, I want to set up wirelss internet.

May I know what are the equip I shld buy? Any models to recommend?

And most impt, how do I setup and plan my rewiring?

I also eyeing to buy a new lappy/pc at Sitex.

Wan to ask the IT expects here for advise...I am currently using Singtel broadband using ADSL modem and cable.

But for my new place, I want to set up wirelss internet.

May I know what are the equip I shld buy? Any models to recommend?

And most impt, how do I setup and plan my rewiring?

there's a few ways to do it assuming u are not using the mio modem/router from singtel.

if you want a setup a wireless environment, buy a wireless router and then plug the adsl modem to wireless router. after which all your pc/laptops can connect wireless-ly to access the internet, provided they are in range.

or you can get a wireless router with the adsl modem built in. this way, you don't need your adsl modem anymore.

get a N router if you want to have better coverage. my preference is linksys or dlink.

get a N router if you want to have better coverage. my preference is linksys or dlink.

ask u ar , If N router is it backward compatible with wireless b/g devices ? Say my psp is wireless b and Iphone is wireless G

Alamak,

The wireless router with the adsl modem built in seems a good idea!

But is the N router for better coverage necessary if my unit is a 3rm flat?

As in the wireless coverage for bedrm and living rm?

tks :P

Alamak,

Actually I think wireless G is more then enough .... N is suppose to be faster and longer distant ....

my place (4room) using wireless G nia . so far so good. All my device using the same network

1 desktop

2 note book ( my tentant each got 1 )

1 netbook (my media center :) )

1 psp

1 Iphone

Alamak,

adsl modem built in, models will be quite limited so u need to have a look around.

abt the coverage, hard to say. depends a lot on where you intend to place your wireless router. there is a chance a wireless G is able to cover the whole unit, that's the case for my parent's place. best if you can test it out.

ask u ar , If N router is it backward compatible with wireless b/g devices ? Say my psp is wireless b and Iphone is wireless G

yah, backward compatible. by default the wireless n router should work in a/b/g/n mode unless you specifically set it to n-only mode.

problem for wireless b is that u cannot use wpa encryption in your N or G router, only wep is supported which is easily crackable.

Supersimon27,

I am a IT idiot :unsure:

Do u mean for my 3 rm flat, getting a wireless G router with ADSL modem build in

will be all I need?

Actually I use singtel default wireless modem . Good enough. Just need to place it at the center of yr place can le . I place it in the living room . quite center . So all my room - even kitchen will have signal :)

yah, backward compatible. by default the wireless n router should work in a/b/g/n mode unless you specifically set it to n-only mode.

problem for wireless b is that u cannot use wpa encryption in your N or G router, only wep is supported which is easily crackable.

Actually we dun need until wireless N speed right ? Cos unless we are doing internal data transfer . If not I think we can never reach N router speed for internet connection . cos our internet speed is limit by the singetl/starhub bandwidth

Kcsek, Rondy: I love the design but like u mentioned, it is ex. A forummer here told me a shop have and I just found out fm the shop the price is $890 :o

I saw it at elmark show room

address: 55 ubi ave 1, #02-04

u can check their web, more design.... ;)

NMD5.gif

Actually we dun need until wireless N speed right ? Cos unless we are doing internal data transfer . If not I think we can never reach N router speed for internet connection . cos our internet speed is limit by the singetl/starhub bandwidth

yah.. G is good enough. unless cannot cover the area u intend to cover or u intend to do a lot of internal transfer, then no need to go N. save quite a bit of $$ also if staying with G.

yah.. G is good enough. unless cannot cover the area u intend to cover or u intend to do a lot of internal transfer, then no need to go N. save quite a bit of $$ also if staying with G.

Actually if I'm not wrong , we still got G+ before N .... but for my case - can use can le .... So i still use back my old singtel modem , unless it spoil then i will consider an upgrade