Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jthk18

Jm's Habitat

Eh how come the report will need 2weeks. No compass how does the master know the direction??

Nekorin, 2 weeks is becos my wife not in town, so we will meet after my wife coming back. He has compass, normal N,E,S,W kind, but not the special FS compass.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Gorilla, may i know when the HDB officer suppose to check the unit? anytime between 1st n 2nd appointment? Thx

hi Jthk18

yes. the officer will normally visit between the 1st and 2nd appointment (normally 1 week after 1st - depend on the availabiltiy of the officer). before the 1st meeting, they will do paper work checking.

gorilla

hi Jthk18

yes. the officer will normally visit between the 1st and 2nd appointment (normally 1 week after 1st - depend on the availabiltiy of the officer). before the 1st meeting, they will do paper work checking.

gorilla

Thanks Gorilla :)

Quite big, but still can't accomodate an island. Eerrr maybe it's ok to land a 747 :D

i'm planning to build a partion to form a small service balcony for laundry n drying my clothes outside common toilet. But worry it will block the ventilation and nature light.

4011225764_70763ce05c_m.jpg

hi.. ur layout quite similar to mine.. its in pasir ris too but EA... i wanted to do a partition for service balcony for the washer too but hubby not too keen on the idea for the same reasons u mentioned.. :rolleyes:

we will probably be hacking off the wall between MBR and bedroom 3.. MBR will then will be WIW and study area.. still thinking of the layout for that...

our second interview shud be early nov.. cant wait... :D

Edited by butterfingerzz

Quite big, but still can't accomodate an island. Eerrr maybe it's ok to land a 747 :D

i'm planning to build a partion to form a small service balcony for laundry n drying my clothes outside common toilet. But worry it will block the ventilation and nature light.

4011225764_70763ce05c_m.jpg

Hmm, depending on your reno theme, you could utilise a bamboo divider like this:

bamboo.jpg

Or do floor-to-ceiling wooden beams spaced apart, such that it will visually break the area, but at the same time not interfere greatly with the light or ventilation.

Hmm, depending on your reno theme, you could utilise a bamboo divider like this:

bamboo.jpg

Or do floor-to-ceiling wooden beams spaced apart, such that it will visually break the area, but at the same time not interfere greatly with the light or ventilation.

heee...Hijack the thread for a while... :P These floor to ceiling wooden beams looks interesting....any idea where to get it?

Actually, am looking around for floor to ceiling partition...but just have no idea where to get it. :unsure:

hi.. ur layout quite similar to mine.. its in pasir ris too but EA... i wanted to do a partition for service balcony for the washer too but hubby not too keen on the idea for the same reasons u mentioned.. :rolleyes:

we will probably be hacking off the wall between MBR and bedroom 3.. MBR will then will be WIW and study area.. still thinking of the layout for that...

our second interview shud be early nov.. cant wait... :D

everything has proc n cons, see which u wan to compromise. to separate the washer/drying area with the kitchen is good, during cooking time we no need to worry the smoke. but the con is we will smoke ouurselves in the kitchen. hehehe

we remove the wall between MBR n Bed 3 so that our bb is reachable during night time.

Early Nov will be our first appointment.. still long way to go :(

bamboo.jpg

Great idea... thanks for sharing Yuene. but my main purpose is to prevent the smoke during the cooking time. if we utilise bamboo devider, the smoke stil can get thru :P

Is that your house. very nice....

heee...Hijack the thread for a while... :P These floor to ceiling wooden beams looks interesting....any idea where to get it?

Actually, am looking around for floor to ceiling partition...but just have no idea where to get it. :unsure:

No prob RD, we sharing idea here, so it;s ok. anyway u helping me ask the question as well :P

Great idea... thanks for sharing Yuene. but my main purpose is to prevent the smoke during the cooking time. if we utilise bamboo devider, the smoke stil can get thru :P

Is that your house. very nice....

Haha no la, not my house... I wish, though! I have no idea where to get those dividers... I was thinking if places like LifeShop or Barang Barang will have...

Hmm, if your aim is to block the smoke during cooking, but have ventilation at other times, perhaps can install a sliding glass door or something.. so that when you cook, if you don't want the smoke to get to your clothes you can slide the door close, but at other times you can leave it open... plus, a sliding glass door will not block the light significantly...

Haha no la, not my house... I wish, though! I have no idea where to get those dividers... I was thinking if places like LifeShop or Barang Barang will have...

Hmm, if your aim is to block the smoke during cooking, but have ventilation at other times, perhaps can install a sliding glass door or something.. so that when you cook, if you don't want the smoke to get to your clothes you can slide the door close, but at other times you can leave it open... plus, a sliding glass door will not block the light significantly...

Mmm... that's my plan. :)

Been to Courts MegaStore @ Tampines yesterday, accidentally found a Mattress (Orthorest - Viscopedic Plush) quite comfortable and the most important thing is the price is more than half cheaper than the one (Serta New Rochelle) i'd reserved @ T1. Immediately I called my wife and brought her to test the mattress after her work. When she reached there, the promoter intro her another higher range one (Orthorest - Platinum Ultima). Finally we confirmed and paid deposit for Orthorest - Platinum Ultima, Pocketed spring + 3 inches memory foam. The original price is $4,000+, discounted price is $2,099, but if we purchase the promotion bedsheet >$20, with the receipt we can get another 16% discount. so the final price is $1,763.

Wah... saving $2.2k for giving up Serta :P

4024690337_e6897d93a1.jpg

Those who like soft mattress n don;t mind about the brand can considering it!

Wow... it has been more than 2 wks nvr writing my Reno Blog as i spending all my RT time reading other ppl blog & searching for best deal :P

Ok, got my FS report on 27/10. Unfortunately received PMs abt my FSM after i received my report, it was a bad news :(

29/10 - meeting one of the contractors recommended by RT forumer. suppose to receive the quotation by last week but no news until now. again :(

To be continue... (back to work)

Edited by jthk18

Wow... it has been more than 2 wks nvr writing my Reno Blog as i spending all my RT time reading other ppl blog & searching for best deal :P

Ok, got my FS report on 27/10. Unfortunately received PMs abt my FSM after i received my report, it was a bad news :(

29/10 - meeting one of the contractors recommended by RT forumer. suppose to receive the quotation by last week but no news until now. again :(

To be continue... (back to work)

Wah bro so what did the FSM said ? funnie ideas ?

anyway you meeting who to get quotation from ? now i think the popular contractors in RT are all very busy leh

in fact i booked Jason 2 months b4 i got my keys else dun think he is able to do it for me also

maybe you can try all the popular ones and see how :)