Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tansiong

Where To Buy Plates, Bowls ......etc

I find that TOTT has a wide selection but I have yet to compare prices...

I will very likely buy from there. Wide selection so i can mix and match everything in the same place.

Saw a premium china bone bowl, super nice but $25 per pc. *heart pain*

also shortlisted a few other designs. Very impressed with their collection.

I also checked out Landex at Bendemer (next to audio house).

realized their collection similar to TOTT but did not manage to compare prices as they were closing when I arrived at 5:45pm.

Is Moderne at Temple Street still there? I cannot find leh. and why Sia haut not open on Sundays? Alamak. I wanna go tomorrow.

Also checked out Tangs at Vivo. They have a plain white range of bowls with slightly curvy edges which really fit my expectations but don't have plates and I really wanted one full set.

Will go check out Sia Huat and then make my final decision.

sigh, wish I had time and budget to go BKK to check out the stuff there.

Edited by cheryllee

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

there is one on EUNOS avenue 4 towards singpost.

that one i cant remember the name or d shop name. they r supplier to coffee shops, restaurants & hotels.

quite cheap.

also, SIA HUAT on temple street also got alot of things.

I find that TOTT has a wide selection but I have yet to compare prices...

ya, i went down to tott over the week as well, and they do have lots, but not sure if the prices are good. anyone with more experience can help out?

there is one on EUNOS avenue 4 towards singpost.

that one i cant remember the name or d shop name. they r supplier to coffee shops, restaurants & hotels.

quite cheap.

also, SIA HUAT on temple street also got alot of things.

I think you are referring to Kitchen Mart =)

Refer to this link for more details

http://www.mywoklife.com/2010/01/place-to-...n-utensils.html

There are some stuff cheap niah unless u buy alot, you can haggle for discount else pricing is normal thou you may find some decent price stuff.

I recommend ikea as well =)

Hi all, do you all know where can i buy cheap and nice bowls, plates, spoon and other untensil for my new house? I'm been searching here and there but still can't find. The ones selling at metro (CORELLE) are too expensive for me. Please do help!

Thanks in advance for all your reply.

Hi,

Can try along Joo Chiat Road, I saw few wholesale shops there selling bowl & plates.. :D

There is a wholesaler for beautiful porcelain cutlery ranging from oriental style (those blue intricate prints on white porcelain) to those high-end stylish designs for expensive restaurants or 6-star hotels.

Tony Teo Import & Export Pte Ltd

49 Sims Avenue

Singapore 387413 (opp Geylang Lor 7)

Tel: 6-7468-431 / 6-7452-893

(operating from 10am - 7pm; try to call before dropping by)

Directions:

Drop at Kallang mrt station; walk in the same direction as the traffic flow going down towards Sims Avenue. A bus-stop infront of the mrt track will come into view. New HDB flats will be seen just behind the mrt track too.

Continue walking until u see the entrance of an old folks home (I think it's known as Ming-Chong & is very rundown). The pottery shop is just right next to the gate of this old folks home.

U will see a variety of porcelain vases on display outside the shop.

Hi bobztoise,

I'm deleting this post because I misread ur earlier post & thought that u were saying that this sims avenue porcelain wholesaler is related to Sia Huat.

Thanks for highlighting to me that Tott Store is the one that's related to Sia Huat.

:)

Edited by edenstrauss

What kind of bowls and plates are microwavable?

what must we look out for when buying these? Must be can use for microwve and also in oven right?

How much is one set usually?

Saw Luminarc porcelain set going a $68 and thought should be cheap. Bought the last 2 sets there and added soup bowls and rice bowls and 1 big fish serving plate.

Is a set of 20 going at $68 cheap? Will share pics soon.

What about cutlery? What's the norm price?

Edited by pills

luminrc_zps639f2712.jpg

This is the set I got, Made of porcelain and made in France. It is microwavable and I didn't want all white at first unless there's patterns on it. 1 set is meant for 6 pax.

This isn't my first choice of pattern but it was cheap to me at $68 so we bought it. I like the feel and that it an be used for both more formal and casual setting.

Anyone know if this brand is good?

Edited by pills

most ikea stuff are microwavable and suitable for oven...i think in general, ceramic and glass are good for both...best to check each brand...

i like ikea :good: cheap and good especially the plain ones, albeit a bit heavy...then u can buy one off expensive serving bowls or salad bowls to give your whole set a bit of zing...i like crate and barrel serving bowls... :D

I read that porcelain is a more hardy material. Bone china is the top notched. That's why decided to get my above tempered porcelain. Hopefully, it won't chip easily.

There's this store in the same building as audio house at bendemeer. Couldn't remember if it's called Lucerne or something. Their bowls n plates are of good quality. I got some nice big bowls and plates from there.