Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eugela

Whats The Current Duration Between 2nd And 1st Appt

would like to ask if its necessary to write a letter to request for earlier completion date or can we simply request for it during our 1st appointment?

my 1st appt is in 2 days time (finally..!) and we also would like to request for an earlier completion date..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

- Legally maximum 8wk from 1st to 2nd appiontment, anything longer than this will render the OPT doc void.

- HDB will usually try their best to have 2nd appointment after 1st appointment within/at end of 6th wk. If buyer & sellers lawyers are from HDB, process will be faster. Lawyers like "black & white", and these "B&W" need to be exchanged hand to both party. That is why all the time spent.

- Before/during 1st appointment, get common verbal agreement between 2 parties to fix a date for 2nd appointment, then let the HDB officer know, if agreed, this date will be printed on the paper.

- If you(buyer) want earlier day to start renovation, can ask agent to draft a letter( experienced agent has used this letter ) many time!, signed by both parties to receive key earlier., though in eye of Singapore law, this paper is not recognised. REMEBER, reno permit application has to be signed by seller, meaning that "anything wrong" during the reno, seller is held responsible.

Edited by bepgof

- Legally maximum 8wk from 1st to 2nd appiontment, anything longer than this will render the OPT doc void.

- HDB will usually try their best to have 2nd appointment after 1st appointment within/at end of 6th wk. If buyer & sellers lawyers are from HDB, process will be faster. Lawyers like "black & white", and these "B&W" need to be exchanged hand to both party. That is why all the time spent.

- Before/during 1st appointment, get common verbal agreement between 2 parties to fix a date for 2nd appointment, then let the HDB officer know, if agreed, this date will be printed on the paper.

- If you(buyer) want earlier day to start renovation, can ask agent to draft a letter( experienced agent has used this letter ) many time!, signed by both parties to receive key earlier., though in eye of Singapore law, this paper is not recognised. REMEBER, reno permit application has to be signed by seller, meaning that "anything wrong" during the reno, seller is held responsible.

Hello thanks for your advice.

Just spoken with our housing agent who noted that because of our CPF grant processes , usually the 2nd appointment will only be given at best 5 weeks.

We are just measuring the chances of 2nd appointment at the 3rd week from first appointment and gathering more information & views on this. =P

Quiet impatient on getting the house key . sigh :]

Edited by velv

Legally it's 8 weeks. However if it's more than 8 weeks (or maybe the agreed date), both parties can do the following:

- Claim the Late Completion Interest Rate. This is computed by House Price * 10% / 365.

- Waive the above Interest Rate.

- Cancel the whole process (and the whole new set of side effects).

The reno permit would be signed by seller but the buyer would sign an Indemnity Form to make sure the buyer is the one who is responsible for the whole reno process.

I did this process however I would not advise people to do it. It's not worth the risk.

what to do when i find all this illegal fixtures? Do i report them to HDB??

The Techinical Officer should have done the inspection, after 1st appointment, and seller to rectify them if any. If not rectified, take pictures or whatever, report them to this block's AREA OFFICE, not Toa Payoh HDB. Town Council takes care maintenance only.

Edited by bepgof

hello back from our 1st appointment. . the hdb officer simply refuse our early suggestion for 3-4 weeks. we were given 5weeks completion.

guess it really depends on luck :unsure:

hello back from our 1st appointment. . the hdb officer simply refuse our early suggestion for 3-4 weeks. we were given 5weeks completion.

My friend just had his 1st appointment 2 days before you. He and his seller requested for earlier completion date, and he was given 5.5 weeks completion.

Edited by forgotten

I think you are lucky to be given as 5weeks is the earliest. My 1st appt is 14weeks and 2nd appt is 5weeks after requesting from them.

Edited by davidbslee

Had my 1st appt (flat that we're buying) on 24 March and officer in charge asked how long we want for completion.

We said asap and she put as 5 weeks. Then we went to lawyer office and they said they can only do 6 weeks earliest but if we pay cash for legal & stamp duty then can 5 weeks.

As we wanted to use all cpf, no choice but to complete 6 weeks, so 2nd appt is 5 May but we don't have to go down, only seller and agent will do.

Had my 1st appt (flat that we're buying) on 24 March and officer in charge asked how long we want for completion.

We said asap and she put as 5 weeks. Then we went to lawyer office and they said they can only do 6 weeks earliest but if we pay cash for legal & stamp duty then can 5 weeks.

As we wanted to use all cpf, no choice but to complete 6 weeks, so 2nd appt is 5 May but we don't have to go down, only seller and agent will do.

Where got such thing. I am using private lawyer and also use CPF to paid legal & stamp fees and we had it all completed at 5week. You are using HDB lawyer or Private lawyer?

Mine was 5 weeks, using bank loan plus cpf...private lawyer, at first hdb officer say 6 weeks, but we give nice story, so she said if lawyer can do it in time, 4 week also can... :P , but later lawyer give storey, said seller lawyer cannot make it for 5 weeks, so ask agent to call seller agent and lawyer, yesterday received lawyer letter, date stated is 5 weeks from 1st appt.... :)

Normally it is 6 to 8 weeks

On the day of 1st appointment before going in, we discussed with owner and agreed to be 5 weeks ( since they already shift around 3rd week ) We didnt prepare any letter. Just tell the officer will do.

HDB officer agreed. She said not earlier than 5 weeks because CPF board side also need time to check your HPS application.

However on our sales of current flat.... die die we must stretch to at least 6 weeks ( even though we know buyer wanted earlier ) because we need time for reno and house shifting.

Edited by purecat

Mine was 5 weeks, using bank loan plus cpf...private lawyer, at first hdb officer say 6 weeks, but we give nice story, so she said if lawyer can do it in time, 4 week also can... :P , but later lawyer give storey, said seller lawyer cannot make it for 5 weeks, so ask agent to call seller agent and lawyer, yesterday received lawyer letter, date stated is 5 weeks from 1st appt.... :)

We took the loan from OCBC but not sure the lawyer is appointed by HDB or OCBC.

We took the loan from OCBC but not sure the lawyer is appointed by HDB or OCBC.

If it's a bank loan, your lawyer will not be from HDB. It will be from one of the law firms under OCBC list.

I took OCBC loan too.

Edited by forgotten