Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ris

Where to get lightings?

Ikea lights are not bad and most are energy saving.

But take note that if u need replacements for your bulbs, u can only

go back to them, dun tink elsewhere sells the same bulbs... :D

no worry, ikea will always be around for u to get from them. i feel their lightings are really value fro $, even better than all the lighting shops.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I got most of my lights from Joevin. Lights Zone and Dreamlights are under same partners.. cos we din see any lights we liked den Joevin brought us opp the road to Lights Zone. We got 5 Germany made, medium sized PLC (2 tubes), 2 small PLC, 2 UFO lights for guest rooms, 1 pendent light for MBR, 5 square lights with 'plastic' (unbreakable) covers, 1 milo can, 1 simple light for bomb shelter, 2 ceiling fans and 1 door bell from him for $1270.. its a very reasonable price that we gave up looking further down the Balestier Road :P

Will strongly recommend Joevin as he is very patient in going through what we need.. din know that choosing lights requires so much knowledge!

Edited by krisietong

Here's my feedback for Lightings on my recent purchases:

Eurostar at Balestier:

- GOOD. I got a Swarovski crystal chandelier from them at a great price. But the clincher was Danny's service and patience in addressing all our questions when we first made enquiries. No hassle, no rush, always accomodating. Made some useful suggestions and recommendations to us. We only made the purchase after 3-4 visits to Eurostar. Lights were delivered on time and in good condition.

I-Lite at Jalan Besar:

- GOOD. Got good customer service from Gary and similarly he was kind enough to walk through with us the full range of lights we were looking for and helped us map out the lighting plan of our place based on our floor plan. Eventually bought all our PLC downlights and Halogens from him after 3 visits to his shop.

Lights N Lights at Balestier:

- BAD. This was a major disappointment. Had a bad transaction with them ending in having to cancel the purchase due to what we felt was unsavoury business practice by them. We left feeling that we had been taken advantage of and came out worse for it. So, I would not be recommending this retailer to anyone any time soon. Sales tactic they use is to promise you the lights and make you settle payment first, but after a day or two they call up to say they don't have the stock (for the next 1.5 months) and try to persuade you to switch to a different type of light. If you cancel the entire order you will have to absorb any NETS transaction costs as well. Sigh.

Here's my feedback for Lightings on my recent purchases:

Eurostar at Balestier:

- GOOD. I got a Swarovski crystal chandelier from them at a great price. But the clincher was Danny's service and patience in addressing all our questions when we first made enquiries. No hassle, no rush, always accomodating. Made some useful suggestions and recommendations to us. We only made the purchase after 3-4 visits to Eurostar. Lights were delivered on time and in good condition.

I-Lite at Jalan Besar:

- GOOD. Got good customer service from Gary and similarly he was kind enough to walk through with us the full range of lights we were looking for and helped us map out the lighting plan of our place based on our floor plan. Eventually bought all our PLC downlights and Halogens from him after 3 visits to his shop.

Lights N Lights at Balestier:

- BAD. This was a major disappointment. Had a bad transaction with them ending in having to cancel the purchase due to what we felt was unsavoury business practice by them. We left feeling that we had been taken advantage of and came out worse for it. So, I would not be recommending this retailer to anyone any time soon. Sales tactic they use is to promise you the lights and make you settle payment first, but after a day or two they call up to say they don't have the stock (for the next 1.5 months) and try to persuade you to switch to a different type of light. If you cancel the entire order you will have to absorb any NETS transaction costs as well. Sigh.

How much I-lite offers for your PLC lights? Want to get too.

hi, my lousy experience with lights arcade -

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1179238229

On the contrary, your bad experience is due to hearsay from friends that Osram is better than Phillips. Ive recently made some purchases from Lights Arcade, (served by Jane). Their service, knowledge & pricing is one of the better ones around.

This is my 2nd home, and I have no complaints about Phillips bulbs.

Cheers

Vince

I'm looking for classic-looking lamps and lights. Where is a good place to get them? Notice that most shops carry mostly stylish and designer-look lights.

Was at Palace of Lights yesterday and saw they got some of those classic looking lamps (at least to me it seems classic). Price is reasonable and very friendly with good recommendations. Speak to Steven. They are at Balestier Crescent Building. Got all our lights and fans from them and this Thur installation.

Was at Palace of Lights yesterday and saw they got some of those classic looking lamps (at least to me it seems classic). Price is reasonable and very friendly with good recommendations. Speak to Steven. They are at Balestier Crescent Building. Got all our lights and fans from them and this Thur installation.

Thanks. Do you have the exact address of Palace of Lights? Not too sure where is the Balestier Cres Building.

Thanks. Do you have the exact address of Palace of Lights? Not too sure where is the Balestier Cres Building.

320 Balestier Road #01-01 Crescent Building S329924 Tel: 6250-9750

It's along the main road but think you need to turn in one road in advance and go around it, coz the road just in front of it is a one way road. Behind the building got a few free parking lots under it. Hope you understand what I am talking about...heehee...

I hope what I saw is what you are looking for !! If not don't spam me :rofl:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...2439&st=120

Hi Everybody

Gonna repurchase my lights again.

Just to know some terms of lights so that wont get con if they started to talk big term which we layman dont understand.

what is 'gan gan gan'??? Osram is the name of the tube? how about other names in the light? I remember heard some odd name...I forgot.

please enlighten.

I've recently seen an ad in ST on a lighting warehouse sale at Eunos Warehouse 3. The prices look really attractive eg hanging lamps and ceiling lamps from $9, wall lamps from $5 etc. Has anybody gone for the sale? Appreciate if you could share on the quality/variety of lightings available and very importantly, the service provided.

For those who are interested, the locations are as follows :

Kaki Bukit Road 2

#01-08A (opp Geely Showroom)

10am - 9pm

167 Geyland Road (main road, Lor 3)

#01-01

11am - 8.30pm

Any chance you are talking about "gang" instead of "gan"? Gang refers to the switch. 1 gang - 1 switch, 2 gang - 2 switches. For example, at the main door... if you need to control three types of lights, you need a 3 gang switch.

Never heard of "gan". :)

what is 'gan gan gan'??? Osram is the name of the tube? how about other names in the light? I remember heard some odd name...I forgot.

please enlighten.