Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ris

Where to get lightings?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi piwi

possible to advise which shop in balestier quoted u 28 bucks?

maybe u can try geylang and jln besar

got some shops there worth your while

ermermerm....i cant find the name card!pai seh but it's in the row of shophouse quite near Light Vault. :P walk near there and ask?? either way, you now know how low it can go already. $28 is for the biggest size round downlight.

anyway i bought my lights already...

2x13W, round downlights, with lid, osram bulbs and ATCO ballast (i thought was "echo" rofl)

18 bucks per piece, donno if it's a good deal or not. Chanced upon the sale at in Ubi :P

they were also selling ceiling fans (low ceiling KDK 1unit = $175, some singapore brand ceiling fan $165 with install i think, he was chatting with my hubby) and water heaters (Jovan storage heater 45L for $260+??)

actually it's a bit difficult to compare by prices purely by the brand of the ballast and tubes they provide and the single or double tube. The quality of the holder plays an impt part too.. got to take a tube and try to pluck into the downlight holder and feel for the difference..

actually it's a bit difficult to compare by prices purely by the brand of the ballast and tubes they provide and the single or double tube. The quality of the holder plays an impt part too.. got to take a tube and try to pluck into the downlight holder and feel for the difference..

you mean to say the quality of the light fixture itself?

you mean to say the quality of the light fixture itself?

Yep.. the light holder (term used by lights shopkeeper) has got good and lousy type. a shopkeeper taught me how to see the difference and how a good one even if spoiled by lousy tube or prolong use will still be safe and usable for donkey years wheareas a cheap one after maybe short circuit or prolong use will no longer be able to use anymore and may even pose some safety issues when changing of light bulb.

I also got attracted by the $18 downlight with 2 tubes initially until i got to learn the above.. and for long term sake still feel more investment is needed rather than to look for those on sales which translate to lousy light holder even if they are giving you osram tube and atco ballast.

Try to walk around a few stores and try for yourself and ask more qns to the sales staff. Though not many are willing to teach..

thanks piwi

LGG agree with u

basically balestier area some of the lighting shops willing to teach

i went to chelsea lightings pxs are amongst the best and variety is ok

jln besar and genting many of them looking for sales now lor

A lighting Alex is really nt bad for product knwledge (introduced to me by other forummers) and light craft nt bad for prices.

bought my lights at the lights arcade in balestier. Their shop a bit small but Andrew willing to help you and give you advice on which one to buy. Knowledgeable guy.

Went down to Palace of Lightings last week.... very happy with their service and recommendations. Bought all the lightings and ceiling fan from them.

Their aft service is very good too.

Thought that they given me 2 wrong tubes (cold light)... cos we wanted (warm light)... no question asked.. went down to change it..... come back and realised that it was we mix-up... cos the warm light is quite bright.... so we thought they give us the wrong one. hahaha....

Anyway.. Raymond serve us well. :good:

Just bought my whole house lights yesterday. Totally spend around 2.3K for 20 Lights. All my lights from DE lite @ balestier road. Still waiting to see their after sales service. Wonder if I spend too much on lighting :)

Here are my shopping list.

1. 1 Ceiling mounted crystal light for Living (~800) big size c/w remote

2. 1 Ceiling mounted crystal light for MBR (~700) medium c/w remote

3. 12 X square downlight (2tubes) OSRAM and ATCO ballast (20 ea)

4. 2 rectangular 2 tubes light for common rooms.

5. 2 toilet lights (frosted glass)

6. 1 dining light looks like ice cube (3 hanging) (~300)

7. 1 kitchen light (3 adjustable bulb) with cracked glass (~100)

Any comments? Anyone have used DE lite before?

Just bought my whole house lights yesterday. Totally spend around 2.3K for 20 Lights. All my lights from DE lite @ balestier road. Still waiting to see their after sales service. Wonder if I spend too much on lighting :)

Here are my shopping list.

1. 1 Ceiling mounted crystal light for Living (~800) big size c/w remote

2. 1 Ceiling mounted crystal light for MBR (~700) medium c/w remote

3. 12 X square downlight (2tubes) OSRAM and ATCO ballast (20 ea)

4. 2 rectangular 2 tubes light for common rooms.

5. 2 toilet lights (frosted glass)

6. 1 dining light looks like ice cube (3 hanging) (~300)

7. 1 kitchen light (3 adjustable bulb) with cracked glass (~100)

Any comments? Anyone have used DE lite before?

anyone bought from light vault along balestier before?

their service and price looks okie lei.

why no one talk about them