Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
furion0000

Advice On Quotation

Actually i have given up trying to negotiate with the ID for a better quote...

I was hoping kind souls here can recommended value for money ID and has first hand good experience to share...

Actually the maintainence fee is alright... but paying so much for so little is not alright... if not i would have sign on the contract and rush the work done..

Fellow friends who had value for money ID can PM me their contacts.. maybe i can quote your name too?

you can try my ID provided she is available

been a great experience so far.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I think u can go to our T-blog n take alook..my reno is still ongoing

Let's all PM u our Id's contact... than you can ask for quote n compare..

Btw, perhaps u can tell the ID.. your budget only 12-15k, cuz its not a major overhaul.

cuz if add here and there.. should come up to abt 20k...

for lightings and stuffs.. find outside can save alot

you can try my ID provided she is available

been a great experience so far.

thanks for the help rendered...

after going through you posts a few questions i hope you don't mind answering..

1) How long is your search for the ID before landing this final one?

2) How did you identify this ID [recommended by someone else? finding it after some searching?]

3) The details of the work done

4) And finally the costs..haha

thks a million

Btw, perhaps u can tell the ID.. your budget only 12-15k, cuz its not a major overhaul.

xie xie... must kowtow to u all... finally things are moving abeit slowly... but surely

my god!!! i saw your t-blog... the design and finishing very very nice.... it will be nice if i have this in my house...

BTW.. how much did you pay for all these??

;)

xie xie... must kowtow to u all... finally things are moving abeit slowly... but surely

aiyo no need kowtow.. alot of people in RT have help me in the past

so now got to pass the 'kindness' around

you dun worry.. sure can get started de.. once you have more choices.. you will auto know which ID you will go for

that time when i started looking for ID.. I tell them my budget 27k, must overhaul the whole house.. most give me a raise eyebrow

end up, most of the quotation came back was min $42k

my god!!! i saw your t-blog... the design and finishing very very nice.... it will be nice if i have this in my house...

BTW.. how much did you pay for all these??

;)

correct.. design only not finishing..cuz have not complete mah..

wahaha you guess the price!

correct.. design only not finishing..cuz have not complete mah..

wahaha you guess the price!

hmm.... seeing all these... i guess should be around $35K bah...

still out of my budget...

pls share ur cost lah

:P

thanks for the help rendered...

after going through you posts a few questions i hope you don't mind answering..

1) How long is your search for the ID before landing this final one?

2) How did you identify this ID [recommended by someone else? finding it after some searching?]

3) The details of the work done

4) And finally the costs..haha

thks a million

haha most of it is here

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24479

I started in around april, met with too many ID and waste a lot of time. In the end i stop searching cos it was getting nowhere. since i was not in a rush, i waited longer.

When it was nearer my reno date, my two friends just finished their reno. totally different experience and obviously i went for the one which my fren had a very very pleasant and great experience. she only recommended me after her reno was complete to ensure who she recommended was good.

very very thankful for her cos i am now enjoying my whole reno process as my id is extremely reliable and responsible.

my 4rm hdb full make over including hacking of all the floor tiles, toilet, kitchen, bed room wall. reno include new toilets, kitchen, living room, master bedroom with wiw, false ceiling, rewiring etc.

All amt to around 30k.

now in my final stretch of reno liao

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24480

But you dun need to do a major overhaul right? If you have seen my pre-reno pics.. nothin can be kept at all

the whole house is $30k, electrical is $1900+. Vo items i added last min is about $1k

I see you do alot of carpentry work like study table and book shelves..

I feel those not urgent, you can either buy or do later..

Use those $$ to fixed the most impt and crucial things

But you dun need to do a major overhaul right? If you have seen my pre-reno pics.. nothin can be kept at all

the whole house is $30k, electrical is $1900+. Vo items i added last min is about $1k

I see you do alot of carpentry work like study table and book shelves..

I feel those not urgent, you can either buy or do later..

Use those $$ to fixed the most impt and crucial things

actually the condition of my house is still good... maybe taking out a few things then adding in others can still meet the budget...

thks alot!!!

actually the condition of my house is still good... maybe taking out a few things then adding in others can still meet the budget...

thks alot!!!

Yes thats how it is. Sometimes we want a lot of things done but with little budget. Instead of turning you away, a good id will go down to the essentials and then advise you accordingly to what perhaps can be left as it is and/or touched up to give you the same effect at little or no cost.

We also have to managed our own expectation and not proceed with certain items first due to budget constraint. most impt these items are things that can be added easily like grilles, glass partitions etc

Yes thats how it is. Sometimes we want a lot of things done but with little budget. Instead of turning you away, a good id will go down to the essentials and then advise you accordingly to what perhaps can be left as it is and/or touched up to give you the same effect at little or no cost.

We also have to managed our own expectation and not proceed with certain items first due to budget constraint. most impt these items are things that can be added easily like grilles, glass partitions etc

that right.. infact if u lookaround in RT.. Not all of us have a huge budget to start with.

Ist u have to indentify which are the thing you need to do.. must have, and can do without.

For me n hubby, we will ask the ID.. if dun have certain items what are the impacts

if it doesnt serve a significant purpose.. we skip

end of e day, we didnt even have all the false ceiling n L-box etc

so if you have a good condition house, really can save a lot

Quotation:

Living Room

1) To supply and install design wall to wall low hanging TV console table and wall features insert with stainless steel trimming **** Hall : $6,500

The Length is 10ft and about 6 ft tall...

2) To supply and install 8mm thick white base glass insert to TV wall features :$1,200

the glass covers about 20% of the feature wall listed above

3) To Supply, re-locate and install power points, TV points and TV wall features side lightning points and T5 lights: $1,200

That is a bit too ex. Same sentiments... my colleague was telling me... usually about $400

4) To supply and install wall to wall low seater cabinets below living window: $3,500

Material wasnt stated... but the length is about 6 feet and the height is tall enough for an adult to sit... about knee height

Dining Room

5) To supply and install full height mirror at dining: $2,800

4feet long 6 feet tall

6) To supply and install capentry backing for full height mirror: $1,200

??? Personally I feel this should be already included in item 5. he says carpentry and mirror different thing so must pay two price

Study (Actually Bedroom 3)

7) To supply and install full height book shelves cabinet at study room: $3,600

8) To supply and install design study table below study room: $3,600

9) To supply, additional and install power points and telephone point for new study table located at study room: $900

Misc

10) To supply and install 4 nos of ceiling lights for 3 bedrooms X $350: $1,400

11) To supply and install one ceiling fan c/w lighting **** hall: $750

12) To supply and install one hanging light at dining hall: $900

13) To supply and isntall doubel panels wrought iron main gate: $1,300

14) To supply and paints ICI emulsion paints for whole house ceiling and walls: $2,500

15) To repolish existing marble flooring ****, dining, passage wall and store room, inclusive revanish wooden skirting: $1,200

16) Chemical washing for kitchen,yard,maid room, maid toilet, common toilet and master bedroom toilets existing floor tiles: $350

Personally, i like the design of the wall feature and Study tables... but i think its too steep... can anyone kind soul advice on this quotation?

I will really appreciate all help

Hi,

i just completed my renovation for my unit.

Had done 3pieces of tinted mirror 3ft by 6ft and a 3ft by 5ft mirror at a cost of $1100 only. From this i think yours is really over charge.

But mine is a contractor not an id. Maybe this is the reason of different cost. :)

one of the id quoted me

Fabricate & install full ht tempered glass partition for kitchen $1550

Fabricate & install top hung tempered glass sliding door for kitchen $580

the dimension is not given to me

but the price tag alone is smaller than yours.