Property: Northoaks

Area: 1249 SQF

Bedrooms: 3

TOP: Dec 2000

Floorplan: Type C

floorplantypec.jpg

Quotation:

Living Room

1) To supply and install design wall to wall low hanging TV console table and wall features insert with stainless steel trimming **** Hall : $6,500

2) To supply and install 8mm thick white base glass insert to TV wall features :$1,200

3) To Supply, re-locate and install power points, TV points and TV wall features side lightning points and T5 lights: $1,200

4) To supply and install wall to wall low seater cabinets below living window: $3,500

Dining Room

5) To supply and install full height mirror at dining: $2,800

6) To supply and install capentry backing for full height mirror: $1,200

Study (Actually Bedroom 3)

7) To supply and install full height book shelves cabinet at study room: $3,600

8) To supply and install design study table at study room[actually bedroom 3 from floorplan]: $3,600

9) To supply, additional and install power points and telephone point for new study table located at study room: $900

Misc

10) To supply and install 4 nos of ceiling lights for 3 bedrooms X $350: $1,400

11) To supply and install one ceiling fan c/w lighting **** hall: $750

12) To supply and install one hanging light at dining hall: $900

13) To supply and install double panels wrought iron main gate: $1,300

14) To supply and paints ICI emulsion paints for whole house ceiling and walls: $2,500

15) To repolish existing marble flooring ****, dining, passage wall and store room, inclusive revanish wooden skirting: $1,200

16) Chemical washing for kitchen,yard,maid room, maid toilet, common toilet and master bedroom toilets existing floor tiles: $350

Personally, i like the design of the wall feature and Study tables... but i think its too steep... can anyone kind soul advice on this quotation?

I will really appreciate all help

Edited by furion0000

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Property: Northoaks

Area: 1249 SQF

Bedrooms: 3

TOP: Dec 2000

Floorplan: Type C

floorplan-TypeC.jpg

Quotation:

Living Room

1) To supply and install design wall to wall low hanging TV console table and wall features insert with stainless steel trimming **** Hall : $6,500

Length, dimension needed. Better still if got drawing.

2) To supply and install 8mm thick white base glass insert to TV wall features :$1,200

Same as above, dimension needed if not hard to est. the pricing.

3) To Supply, re-locate and install power points, TV points and TV wall features side lightning points and T5 lights: $1,200

That is a bit too ex.

4) To supply and install wall to wall low seater cabinets below living window: $3,500

What material u r using and the dimension also?

Dining Room

What is the Length?

??? Personally I feel this should be already included in item 5.

8) To supply and install design study table below study room: $3,600

9) To supply, additional and install power points and telephone point for new study table located at study room: $900

Misc

13) To supply and isntall doubel panels wrought iron main gate: $1,300

14) To supply and paints ICI emulsion paints for whole house ceiling and walls: $2,500

15) To repolish existing marble flooring ****, dining, passage wall and store room, inclusive revanish wooden skirting: $1,200

16) Chemical washing for kitchen,yard,maid room, maid toilet, common toilet and master bedroom toilets existing floor tiles: $350

Personally, i like the design of the wall feature and Study tables... but i think its too steep... can anyone kind soul advice on this quotation?

The rest I'm not commenting anymore....dimension, length, etc is needed so as other able to advise on it, too little details....and it already look expensive.

i think its cheaper if you source for a lot of things yourself like fans and light

at least you get to choose what you like at the price you like.

but i got a feeling that the ID really whack the price because of the property you owned.

Quotation:

Living Room

The Length is 10ft and about 6 ft tall...

the glass covers about 20% of the feature wall listed above

That is a bit too ex. Same sentiments... my colleague was telling me... usually about $400

Material wasnt stated... but the length is about 6 feet and the height is tall enough for an adult to sit... about knee height

Dining Room

4feet long 6 feet tall

??? Personally I feel this should be already included in item 5. he says carpentry and mirror different thing so must pay two price

Misc

Edited by furion0000

a bit exorbitant

what an expensive study table!!!!

also powerpoints and telephone points only cost $900?

the quotes is getting more and more crazy as i read into details.

a bit exorbitant

what an expensive study table!!!!

also powerpoints and telephone points only cost $900?

the quotes is getting more and more crazy as i read into details.

sad to say.. the study table design is very very simple... about 14 feet in total and only has drawer at both end... machiam a long plank on two stands only... abit pissed off..tell him go ikea buy at most $500 only... go courts also wouldn't exceed $1,000...

then he says the angle of the room so more expensive, ikea table don't last long blah blah

sad to say.. the study table design is very very simple... about 14 feet in total and only has drawer at both end... machiam a long plank on two stands only... abit pissed off..tell him go ikea buy at most $500 only... go courts also wouldn't exceed $1,000...

then he says the angle of the room so more expensive, ikea table don't last long blah blah

perhaps you need a second opinion. another id may quote you a lot lesser and i think its not difficult finding another id that can give you a better price.

in fact i think from where i got my dining table, they can customize for you using rosewood and probably a lot lesser than what was quoted to you

angle of room wouldnt affect the price as its always measured according to length and not shape. in fact when i customized my table, they price it according to amount of wood used

Edited by zhiz

perhaps you need a second opinion. another id may quote you a lot lesser and i think its not difficult finding another id that can give you a better price.

in fact i think from where i got my dining table, they can customize for you using rosewood and probably a lot lesser than what was quoted to you

angle of room wouldnt affect the price as its always measured according to length and not shape. in fact when i customized my table, they price it according to amount of wood used

thanks for the advice given... am reading through your T-blog soon... personally i feel so ripe off...

I commented that the price is abit steep and he has the audacity to say "becoz you are teacher, you deserve this high class work, i will not recommend my design to any tom dick and harry on the street"

abit pissed... like been taken as a chai tou

thanks for the advice given... am reading through your T-blog soon... personally i feel so ripe off...

I commented that the price is abit steep and he has the audacity to say "becoz you are teacher, you deserve this high class work, i will not recommend my design to any tom dick and harry on the street"

abit pissed... like been taken as a chai tou

you can get your lights and fan from lightings.com.sg

the most expensive fan was this 6XX fan. installation only $35.

the other fans are 2xx-3xx range

some more the installation is pay to contractor not to the shop.

Maybe the study table he offer you can last a 100years

but $3600.., i rather not have a study table! I can use my laptop on my dining table, mahjong table and coffee table

Are you sure you are really only seeking out one contractor?

Being a teacher and staying in a condo, doesnt mean you gotta pay much more than the rest of us bah..

any tom, dick & harry like us also wouldnt pay him $3600 for a study table. :horse:

that one, im paying for a Serta Mattress or a starmex Inverter Sys 4... :deal:

Is this a bit too exp? Normal mirror right? I have a full height mirror in my WIW for only a few hundred.. exact width im not too sure

but your is like 6 times more than mine.

1 tel point only $50, so the rest of $850 paying for how many power points?

What kind of ceiling light is that? Normal ceiling light i buy from ID's shop which is feel exp is $110, at lightings.com, maybe only $55

Like what zhi mentioned, check the price outside..and compare

ID quote me wrought Iron gate $750, I get outside is $450 (not the hollow type) for HDB flat.

Maybe the study table he offer you can last a 100years

but $3600.., i rather not have a study table! I can use my laptop on my dining table, mahjong table and coffee table

Are you sure you are really only seeking out one contractor?

Being a teacher and staying in a condo, doesnt mean you gotta pay much more than the rest of us bah..

any tom, dick & harry like us also wouldnt pay him $3600 for a study table. :horse:

that one, im paying for a Serta Mattress or a starmex Inverter Sys 4... :deal:

To be honest the study table from top to bottom does not look to worth that kind of money.. but out of courtesy i keep this to myself.

This is already the 4th contractor i approached... as budget is tight.. at most $20K, the moment most ID heard my budget they turn unfriendly and uninterested in my business.

This time round i kept mum about my budget and this is what i get...

Got my keys on 22nd september, after 2 months and yet unable to find a contractor... the house seating there for 2 months liao... Maintainence fees at $220 per month like down the drain...

so really hoping any kind souls out here can help me...

Basically what kind of help you need? Recommend ID or go thru the quote..

To be frank, for a quote like this.. how much u can lower than...

well to me.. no need to argue on the price vs design.. if the price of the designer is if we cant afford.. we walk away..

the design is his pride.. he wan such a high price, than let him be.

Why dun you take our ID's contact and ask for quote. Cuz i see your quote u not doing anything major.. except just enhancement to make it look better right?

OMG, i just saw the book shelves also cost $3600....speechless

Than I total up the quotation, you are going to pay $32900 for this amount of work (did i count wrong??)

that is about the amount im paying for my HDB 5rm (123sqm) ley

Paying $220 for maintainence fee is better than rushing thru to get a expensive ID.

Edited by charemme

Basically what kind of help you need? Recommend ID or go thru the quote..

To be frank, for a quote like this.. how much u can lower than...

well to me.. no need to argue on the price vs design.. if the price of the designer is if we cant afford.. we walk away..

the design is his pride.. he wan such a high price, than let him be.

Why dun you take our ID's contact and ask for quote. Cuz i see your quote u not doing anything major.. except just enhancement to make it look better right?

OMG, i just saw the book shelves also cost $3600....speechless

Than I total up the quotation, you are going to pay $32900 for this amount of work (did i count wrong??)

that is about the amount im paying for my HDB 5rm (123sqm) ley

Paying $220 for maintainence fee is better than rushing thru to get a expensive ID.

Actually i have given up trying to negotiate with the ID for a better quote...

I was hoping kind souls here can recommended value for money ID and has first hand good experience to share...

Actually the maintainence fee is alright... but paying so much for so little is not alright... if not i would have sign on the contract and rush the work done..

Fellow friends who had value for money ID can PM me their contacts.. maybe i can quote your name too?