Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sunny88

Roller Blinds -quotation?

One company has quoted me $5.50 psf for roller blind, including installation etc.

this is based on the cheapest material (plain) chosen - and may go up to $7 for the more special fabric.

Anyone knows if this is a reasonable rate?

Spotlights charges far more for custom made roller blinds, to my amazement!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
One company has quoted me $5.50 psf for roller blind, including installation etc.

this is based on the cheapest material (plain) chosen - and may go up to $7 for the more special fabric.

$5.5o psf is very cheap. Which company did you speak to? I've been quoted the cheapest @ circa $9.20

$5.5o psf is very cheap. Which company did you speak to? I've been quoted the cheapest @ circa $9.20

Did not go with the shop after all cos on further queries on the brand of roller mechanism, found out he DIY the roller mechanism. Thanks to forummers who advised that we should check with shops on type of mechanism...otherwise may suffer problems after installation.

Did not go with the shop after all cos on further queries on the brand of roller mechanism, found out he DIY the roller mechanism. Thanks to forummers who advised that we should check with shops on type of mechanism...otherwise may suffer problems after installation.

I agree totally. The mechanism is very important. In fact, the bulk of the charges goes to the mechanism, not so much the fabric.

I agree totally. The mechanism is very important. In fact, the bulk of the charges goes to the mechanism, not so much the fabric.

Having said that, have you heard of the "Niki"mechanism - am told it is also Jap mechanism - I was quoted $6.50 psf. If use the famous "Takaxxxx"(sp) they are only compatible with certain fabrics and would cost more than $10 psf. Am told tis is te most famous brand - the Louis Vuitton of roller mechanism. If use the newer cousin of "Takaxxx"which is called "Tana"- the same fabric type would cost about $6 to $6.50.

All in all, it was a bit complex for us newbies. Any advice/tots?

Having said that, have you heard of the "Niki"mechanism - am told it is also Jap mechanism - I was quoted $6.50 psf. If use the famous "Takaxxxx"(sp) they are only compatible with certain fabrics and would cost more than $10 psf. Am told tis is te most famous brand - the Louis Vuitton of roller mechanism. If use the newer cousin of "Takaxxx"which is called "Tana"- the same fabric type would cost about $6 to $6.50.

Wow, I have to say I am a total newbie as well. Not sure of the Niki mechanism. Anyone can help? :paint:

I'm thinking getting of the blind...Not so sure on that "Niki" mechanism

hello sunny, do you have the contact for the roller blind. i'm interested to get my house fix.

thanks!!

Hi

For Nikki System,it is a better system than tana or tachikawa system as it in mfg in sg with iso standard.

Tana ot tachikawa in made in KL.

For Nikki Plain Roller Blinds , some curtain makers are selling at $3.80/psf include installation if u search hard enough.

Edited by kevcel

i also looking for roller blinds. how you measure the length? is it from windows to windows? need any gap allowance? i measure the windows length is 180cm, is it okay to buy 180cm roller blinds?

Hi there,

Do let me know if you require any blinds as i have alot of contact from this industry.

hi

im looking for cheap roller blind for my house.

pls kindly share ur contacts...

thanks

cheers

i just had roller blinds done today by Mr Chew.

one word: FANTASTIC!!!!

quality:

rolls up and down smoothly and in proper alignment too. u cant see the edge of d blinds overlapping as they roll up.

service:

u knw hw installers hv to drill mounting holes into ur walls or ceilings n dirt & dust is generated n after they finish d job, u'll hv to clean up, vacuum and mop, plus surrounding furniture also gets coated wif dust? well, wif Mr Chew, thr's no need to. he's got a customised vacuum tt he uses to vacuum up d dirt & dust as he drills. for clean freaks like me, this is just perfect. those who call him, can mention Jason frm Jurong East. he'll surely rmb my newspapers....lol.

price:

blew my mind. unbeatable, given the level of service n quality u get. even my painter, and my ID also jawdrop.gif bowdown.gif when they heard his quote to me. obviously, both of them asked me for his contact.

as far as i'm concerned, nx time, whenever anyone ask me for referral, or whatever house i stay in, all my curtains, blinds etc will be done by Mr Chew so long as he's still doing it. even if i hv to pay him a little bit extra to do....haha.

for those who want his contact, PM me.

• Like 1

i just had roller blinds done today by Mr Chew.

one word: FANTASTIC!!!!

quality:

rolls up and down smoothly and in proper alignment too. u cant see the edge of d blinds overlapping as they roll up.

service:

u knw hw installers hv to drill mounting holes into ur walls or ceilings n dirt & dust is generated n after they finish d job, u'll hv to clean up, vacuum and mop, plus surrounding furniture also gets coated wif dust? well, wif Mr Chew, thr's no need to. he's got a customised vacuum tt he uses to vacuum up d dirt & dust as he drills. for clean freaks like me, this is just perfect. those who call him, can mention Jason frm Jurong East. he'll surely rmb my newspapers....lol.

price:

blew my mind. unbeatable, given the level of service n quality u get. even my painter, and my ID also jawdrop.gif bowdown.gif when they heard his quote to me. obviously, both of them asked me for his contact.

as far as i'm concerned, nx time, whenever anyone ask me for referral, or whatever house i stay in, all my curtains, blinds etc will be done by Mr Chew so long as he's still doing it. even if i hv to pay him a little bit extra to do....haha.

for those who want his contact, PM me.

Good installers shd have the required tools. Same as my roller blind installer done yesterday, after installation, place was not dusty at all. :D