Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

I tot I state b4? Anyway, no harm repeatin. It's:

deft tech 800 speakers x 02 rear white & x 02 front black

deft tech 1000 centre black speaker

upgrade the sub to velo cht8q sub. (if hav space n understanding wife, get da svs sub... Dats wat brudder Vic recommend.)

all these info are derived n advised from the experiences of our fellow forumers here. I'm juz an apprentice.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I tot I state b4? Anyway, no harm repeatin. It's:

deft tech 800 speakers x 02 rear white & x 02 front black

deft tech 1000 centre black speaker

upgrade the sub to velo cht8q sub. (if hav space n understanding wife, get da svs sub... Dats wat brudder Vic recommend.)

all these info are derived n advised from the experiences of our fellow forumers here. I'm juz an apprentice.

yeah.. that's why i posted again that i missed out your earlier post.. :lol:

anyway i brought my wife to try out the subs.. i must say cht8q really gives you the "oomph".. :good:

by the way, has anyone tried pioneer amplifier before? i tried out both the onkyo & pioneer and find that the pioneer actually has clearer and crispier sound as compared to the onkyo one.. i am looking at pioneer VSX-1019AH-K and onkyo SR-707..

dear all,

i would like to get some speaker cables to hide in my ceiling before getting my sound system. w2here and what kind of cables should i get and what kind of price range do they fall under?

Firstly, congratulations to everyone who has purchased their proper 5.1/7.1 HTS. Do enjoy your set up & post some pictures here.

In case anyone has got the upgrade itch or being poisoned by audiophiles, let me propose & suggest a more sophiscated system in your next upgrade.

Cheers

Hi

You should be allocating more budget for the living room rather than the bedroom.

If you like compact speakers, try the Kef satelitte series, Klipsch or Energy. if Bose is your thing, then go for it.

Cheers

I spend most of my time in my bedroom. Living room used mostly by my half-deaf parents and when there're visitors and friends coming over for gaming.

Any idea on the price range for Kef satelitte series, Klipsch or Energy compact speakers? Which a/v receivers should I get that are within my budget? Will probably only have time to try them out after cny. Is Adelphi a good place to try/shop?

I spend most of my time in my bedroom. Living room used mostly by my half-deaf parents and when there're visitors and friends coming over for gaming.

Any idea on the price range for Kef satelitte series, Klipsch or Energy compact speakers? Which a/v receivers should I get that are within my budget? Will probably only have time to try them out after cny. Is Adelphi a good place to try/shop?

Go try out the few shops in Adelphi to audition. Not sure which shop carries Energy speakers anymore but the Encore series is solid.

I would say $2-2.5K will suffice for your HTS hunt.

Cheers

KEF around $2500, Klipsch Quintet IV $1190, Mordaunt-Short Genie $1500.

ok.. i finally decided on my HT system and got the following combo:

Onkyo SR-707 (TBC - will change if there is a newer model coming up)

2 x Def Tech Pro 1000 Monitor Front Speakers

1 x Def Tech Pro 2000 Centre

2 x Def Tech Pro 800 Monitor Surround Speaker

Velodyne CHT-8Q

can't wait to get them setup in may when my new house is ready.. :yeah:

dear all,

i would like to get some speaker cables to hide in my ceiling before getting my sound system. w2here and what kind of cables should i get and what kind of price range do they fall under?

anybody?

I get 1 reel of cable from KEC. Then next time once i confirm the system then they come and help me setup.

1reel is excessive right? think mine only 20-30m or so only....

1reel is excessive right? think mine only 20-30m or so only....

Hi

Most AV shops in adelphi sells cables & they do sell in any required length. Kindly pop over

& ask for the pricing & brands. Sufficiently, you just need to get some entry level cables for

surround speakers. We're talking only about $80-$100 for the length you required.

Cheers

dear all,

datz y i got my sound system from KEC 1st b4 i proceed wif my reno. u get the cables bundled together if u buy their systems... i brought my floorplan n told them where i wanna set up my system, n they provide me the cables necessary b4 my false ceiling n wall are done up.

guys, any idea if KEC will participate in the upcoming IT show next month?

i.e. will there be more discounts and promotions if i get next month than before that?

my reno will start ard 3rd week of march..so trying to see if worthwhile to wait longer or buy now...

have learnt abit from you all so im in the planning and budgeting stage wrt to wiring and such...

Appreciate your feedbacks! ;)

YNWA,

El Nino

Edited by El Nino_Al Nito

guys, any idea if KEC will participate in the upcoming IT show next month?

i.e. will there be more discounts and promotions if i get next month than before that?

my reno will start ard 3rd week of march..so trying to see if worthwhile to wait longer or buy now...

have learnt abit from you all so im in the planning and budgeting stage wrt to wiring and such...

Appreciate your feedbacks! ;)

YNWA,

El Nino

Highly doubt KEC will participate in any events as their business is always by referrals. Plus KEC's exclusive products

are considered as high end & not your usual Samsungs, Sonys or LGs.

Cheers